I really have a bone to pick with a lot of people on here, and their objective and offensive way of trying to be "accomodating" to us newbies on here.

It seems I see and hear a lot of people spouting off at fellow members because they ask a question that may have been posted here several times, but we newbies, either cannot find the answer, due to having about a million posts to go through, or we just don't know how to fully search the site yet. Do us new people a favor and cut us some slack, and stop the arrogant comments back to us.

Christ, you're supposed to be supporting your own, not insulting them or their intelligence.

Posted Via Z10
    02-09-14 06:26 AM
    I agree with some folks that using the search function would cut down in the number of repetitive thread.

That said, it irritates me to no end to see people making the comments you mentioned. I'm sorry if they've done that to you.
    02-09-14 06:33 AM
    Ya I see too much if it.. and really the search option at Crackberry / Mobile Nations is really not the best and it can sometimes be difficult to find answers you are looking for.

Nevertheless, a post like this occasionally can be a polite reminder to respect other members here.

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    02-09-14 06:45 AM
    That being said, most times a simple Google search finds the answer faster than posting the question.

I agree that it's not nice to be rude. Sometimes though we have people that bend over backwards here to help people that won't even read the previous post, yet alone an already active thread on the very same subject.

Some would argue that being insanely lazy also qualifies as being rude in a forum like this.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1, bungaboy, Blacula and 3 others like this.
    02-09-14 06:56 AM
    Some common issues really can be located and even resolved by doing a search. Not just here, by a general Google search. BlackBerryEnthusiast you are referring in particular to a new thread where you reported back to the community about a conversation you had with a Virgin Rep. The reason you got a bit of a razzing is that we get those "reports" all the time and 99% of the time they are groundless. Personally I'm always interested in these threads but more often than not they're driven by CSR who really are trying their best to get the client off the phone. So, when you were so insistent that we pay attention to your thread, well, that didn't help.

You're not the only one, BTW. "BerryFlow" (considered reliable) recently Stated Emphatically that T-Mo was now pushing 10.2 to customers. The Blogger even went so far as to name the very specific version of the 100-3 that would be getting it. Well, every single thing in the Blog was wrong (and yet to be rescinded). It wasn't a T-mo push -- it was someone else's -- and it went to non-T-mo phones, and even the model break down was wrong. Those on T-Mo who did load it, wrecked their wifi-calling and are trying to figure how to undo the damage.

So when you posted your thread quoting a single Virgin rep as if it were fact (that BBerry was going to stop making phones)... well... you need a bit more proof than that. A bit less credulity would have helped.
    der_mit and Cee134 like this.
    02-09-14 07:02 AM
    That being said, most times a simple Google search finds the answer faster than posting the question.

I agree that it's not nice to be rude. Sometimes though we have people that bend over backwards here to help people that won't even read the previous post, yet alone an already active thread on the very same subject.

Some would argue that being insanely lazy also qualifies as being rude in a forum like this.

Posted via CB10
    Content is correct...i personally have better luck searching Google to find answers on CB rather than directly through CB's search option

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    der_mit, eldricho and Jrox74 like this.
    02-09-14 07:04 AM
    I use Google, but sometimes with the CB app is just easier to ask here,

I am not one of the rude/ condescending posters - I just answered a question "what is a battery pull? "...i was nice :-) I am no expert either (usually repeating advice I got on here to begin with)

Digicel Jamaica Official10.2.1.1925 release
    Levi_Asaiah likes this.
    02-09-14 08:46 AM
    Plus the users who will reply on a thread just to greet a newbie. Seriously, he have 657 post count, is that the 657th newbie he greet?
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    02-09-14 08:55 AM
    On other help pages I am used to repeating the same thing over and over. Granted, now and again I have to have a break to allow my patience levels to grow again...

But many years ago I trained apprentices and I find it is best to talk someone through something, even if what I post is terrifically boring to those in the know....as once someone understands why they have to do something, as well as how they have to do it, it very often leads to then thinking more for themselves cos they understand more

Posted via CB10
    Elite1, Bonnie Bonzai and CMcRob like this.
    02-09-14 09:09 AM
    I am with you OP. BB10 is going to gain traction and get more and more new users every day, there will be more and more newbie questions. It helps no one to be negative about it.

Keep calm and stay positive.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.1925+1926 radio
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    02-09-14 09:23 AM
    I am with you OP. BB10 is going to gain traction and get more and more new users every day, there will be more and more newbie questions. It helps no one to be negative about it.

Keep calm and stay positive.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.1925+1926 radio
    Look, everyone is entitled to their opinion. That includes the people who ragged on the poster. As mentioned above, even people who are supposed to be "informed" (like BerryFlow) can prove they know nothing. If you get off the phone with a CSR, and they have told you they have insider information on the company (unlikely) and you just post that with a panicked headline... uh, you are going to get nuked. But, if one had done a little research (Reuters is a good place for BBerry updates) one would either have not posted at all or with caveats that a real source would have supplied.

And, on a larger scale we have become a society made lazy by "social media" because we don't feel like looking a little deeper. I'm with the raggers.
    NtotheK, Pdinos3, raino and 1 others like this.
    02-09-14 10:36 AM
    Good for you. Keep being ignorant. That attitude will get you a lot in life (Sarcasm).

Posted Via Z10
    02-09-14 10:41 AM
    I for one am not very search engine savvy, and when I am the results are less than beneficial because of all the off-topic responses or mis-titled threads. On most, if not all of the various forums I participate in, "Search 'is not' my friend".
    However, amidst all the search mayhem I've either witnessed or experienced, not once has anyone offered advice on how to search correctly or more efficiently, the offended forum veterans simply b***h and admonish, then go on their merry way. Nothing changes.
    Perhaps a sticky or some other guide on effective searches should be permanently posted whereas the cognoscente can direct their inferiors and simply leave it at that.
    02-09-14 11:00 AM
    When I search for something, I search using Google with the following operator: "site:crackberry.com<space><keywords>" without the quotations. That is more effective in my opinion

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    CMcRob likes this.
    02-09-14 11:03 AM
    Why do we entertain these threads? You will find that this topic has been beaten to death just by using the search button......

couldn't help myself
    02-09-14 11:04 AM
    A lot of people that complain about the threads aren't helping blackberry with the negativity surrounding the company at all.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 11:09 AM
    Waste some space somewhere else. Be productive for a change. Why do we entertain these threads? If YOU already know everything, why the Christ are YOU here?

Posted Via Z10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    02-09-14 11:15 AM
    Why is this in Z10 section?
    Or moving this thread to general discussion would also offend you, maybe you will start another thread asking "why do people move threads that are opened in wrong sections"?

And honestly, CB is probably the LEAST insulting forum out there with most helpful members. If anything the site suffers from lack of strict moderation of not stickying certain threads, like latest leaks, etc.. There are so many things that get lost because of random threads that get 5-10 replies and then eventually burying more important threads.
    In addition there really isn't that much to discuss on Blackberry, it is a very limited platform, honestly Blackberry Wiki was an excellent concept which got abandoned. During glory days of BB, BlackberryForums.com was great at maintaining a wiki where you pretty much got answers to everything.

Have you ever been to XDA-Developers? Not only they don't tell you to search, most of the time if they think the answer is easy to find they don't even reply to you. However, to give them a credit where they deserve I must mention they keep a very tidy house with detailed wiki articles and each device having their own section with details.

So, having been on this site for many years, I don't think this site is full of arrogant people who keep saying the things you mentioned on your post above.
    PHughes, Elite1, eldricho and 1 others like this.
    02-09-14 11:17 AM
    Good for you. Keep being ignorant. That attitude will get you a lot in life (Sarcasm).

Posted Via Z10
    Uh, let's see. In life I decided to chased my dream in film making -- now have two Oscar noms, an Oscar win and a Golden Globe win. I make 7 figures a year. And now have three TV shows in development. So my attitude -- "please be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth" -- has paid off I believe. I have seen colleagues fire Ivy League grads who can ace test but can't handle the real world outside their Facebook world. And seen scrappy kids who pay attention and are serious -- even without a degree -- make it big. In the real world, having it together is important. In this virtual, phoney world... whatever.
    02-09-14 11:18 AM

Posted Via Z10
    I agree with your original post. Too often when "simple" questions are asked people become upset. Without these "simple" questions being answered we would have a pretty boring Crackberry. However when you have thousands of people responding to hundreds of posts you are going to get the good, the bad and the ugly just like everything else in life. I'm sure once you are on here for a few months and you see "dumb" questions, eventually you will find it annoying too, because many people just don't take the time to figure it out. Too often users blame BlackBerry, their provider etc, when often times it's the user themselves. However I agree, we can all be a little nicer to the "newbies".
    Welcome to Crackberry!! Enjoy your BB10!

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    Elite1 likes this.
    02-09-14 11:21 AM
    I believe people should be friendly and accommodating to newbies, but there is a point to be made when you see three threads almost identical subject headers on the same page. Always at least do a cursory search before posting.
    Elite1 likes this.
    02-09-14 11:23 AM
    Nice to see all the A- holes, and geniuses are starting to chime in. Welcome to crackberry for sure.....

Posted Via Z10
    02-09-14 11:25 AM
    Why do we entertain these threads? You will find that this topic has been beaten to death just by using the search button......

couldn't help myself
    Why do you continue to waste space typing this ridiculous statement? Can you be more productive, and stop your whining?

Posted Via Z10
    02-09-14 11:28 AM
    Uh, let's see. In life I decided to chased my dream in film making -- now have two Oscar noms, an Oscar win and a Golden Globe win. I make 7 figures a year. And now have three TV shows in development. So my attitude -- "please be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth" -- has paid off I believe. I have seen colleagues fire Ivy League grads who can ace test but can't handle the real world outside their Facebook world. And seen scrappy kids who pay attention and are serious -- even without a degree -- make it big. In the real world, having it together is important. In this virtual, phoney world... whatever.
    I would like to know those films

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    02-09-14 11:30 AM
    Who cares what you do or did in life for work? Big deal. Crackberry.com is not a place to post your resume, lol.

Post stuff that's relative to what this site is supposed to be about.

Helping. People.

Geniuses, or know it alls need not reply...

Why, if you guys out there who know it all, seen these posts a thousand times, blah,blah,blah....come back here to bash the new people?

Seriously. Get a life.
    Posted Via Z10
    Bonnie Bonzai and RegRR19 like this.
    02-09-14 11:31 AM
63 123