View Poll Results: What is your current situation ?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • I own a legacy device and stick to it

10 3.26%
  • I own a legacy device and will migrate to BB10 as soon as I can (for whatever reason)

11 3.58%
  • I own a legacy device but will migrate to another platform (I don't want BB10)

8 2.61%
  • I migrated from legacy device to BB10 and I like it

192 62.54%
  • I migrated from a legacy device to BB10 and I'm mitigated

24 7.82%
  • I migrated from another OS to BB10 and I like it

46 14.98%
  • I migrated from another OS to BB10 and I'm mitigated

6 1.95%
  • BB10 is my first smartphone OS and I like it

10 3.26%
  • BB10 is my first smartphone OS and I'm mitigated

0 0%
    That's close enough where I come from. If my wife gave me her old phone, it would immediately become "mine" to differentiate between "hers". If you want to participate in the poll, that's the one I'd go with were I in your shoes.

Because even if you wait and buy an new/used legacy device, you're still owning (using) a legacy device and sticking to it.
    Say you're right, I still did make the move from Legacy to BB10 and was mitigated, hence why I asked for extra option in the pool.
    02-12-14 02:48 PM
    Say you're right, I still did make the move from Legacy to BB10 and was mitigated, hence why I asked for extra option in the pool.
    Did you or did you not go to bb10 then back to a legacy device??
    Regardless as to who 'owns' it.

And why the heck is the word mitigated being used? You were using bb10 then you lessened in intensity or severity??
    02-12-14 03:11 PM
    Did you or did you not go to bb10 then back to a legacy device??
    Regardless as to who 'owns' it.

And why the heck is the word mitigated being used? You were using bb10 then you lessened in intensity or severity??
    You'll have to ask the OP about his choice of words.

I actually went from legacy to bb10, back to legacy then back to bb10 and finally legacy again. Lol.

In the end I think I'm entitled to choose the box I feel is more appropriate to me.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    02-12-14 03:14 PM
    You'll have to ask the OP about his choice of words.

I actually went from legacy to bb10, back to legacy then back to bb10 and finally legacy again. Lol.

In the end I think I'm entitled to choose the box I feel is more appropriate to me.

If you know the word is wrong, you don't have to keep using it.

If you went from 10 to legacy than the first applies to you, despite what you may feel entitled to.
    We all know you have a strong sense of entitlement, it doesn't make you right.
    02-12-14 03:17 PM
    Because BB's in Indonesia, Nigeria and South Africa far outnumber the amount of CB membership from those countries. What is Indonesia's BB pop ? Is it 18,000,00 ? It is only natural when this is an English site.

Besides CB is a fan site. Not many BBOS users would visit a phone fan site and more than likely there is a higher representation based of Z owners to Q owners - higher than their respective population bases.

I am not suggesting that CB polls are a bad thing. It is just that WE are not representative of the world wide market place or even BB's current user base.
    As of date, CrackBerry is the most representative place I know for English speaking smartphones users (i.e with Internet enabled devices) ...
    But, finally, we don't care, this poll is indeed about the CrackBerry users, as stated in OP and 2 responses above.

P.S: While talking about weights, some marketing survey aware readers may smile right now ...
    02-12-14 03:23 PM
    If you know the word is wrong, you don't have to keep using it.

If you went from 10 to legacy than the first applies to you, despite what you may feel entitled to.
    We all know you have a strong sense of entitlement, it doesn't make you right.
    Ok man, I've already voted, and I feel I chose the beat possible option, can we drop it now? The reason I feel the first option doesn't fit me is it doesn't mention trying BB10, it basically puts me in the same category as somebody who just hold on their BBOS device without ever trying bb10.

02-12-14 03:24 PM
    Ok man, I've already voted, and I feel I chose the beat possible option, can we drop it now? The reason I feel the first option doesn't fit me is it doesn't mention trying BB10, it basically puts me in the same category as somebody who just hold on their BBOS device without ever trying bb10.

You're the only one who read it that way.
    02-12-14 03:25 PM
    You're the only one who read it that way.
    Saying that technically I'm still a BB10 owner, have the Q10 right here beside me. Not for long though.

02-12-14 03:27 PM
    Saying that technically I'm still a BB10 owner, have the Q10 right here beside me. Not for long though.

It clearly meant went to 10 for everyday use, then went back to legacy for everyday use.
    Based on your many, many, comments on it, this is you. You're just playing semantics.

By your logic, I'm technically a legacy user because I still have physical possession of multiple legacy devices.
    02-12-14 03:32 PM
    It clearly meant went to 10 for everyday use, then went back to legacy for everyday use.
    Based on your many, many, comments on it, this is you. You're just playing semantics.
    I also have an iphone in every day use, another box I need to tick? Let's forget about it.

02-12-14 03:34 PM
    I also have an iphone in every day use, another box I need to tick? Let's forget about it.

You opened this can of worms, it can all go away with a simple admission of defeat.
    Nharzhool likes this.
    02-12-14 03:36 PM
    Technically, BD choose to mention his first move from legacy to BB10 and he felt "mitigated". That's ok for me.
    Could have chosen the next move when he came back to BBOS7, he didn't. His choice, only one vote.
    BTW, 1 vote over 260+ doesn't need tens of explanations posts ... if you ask me.

For the "mitigated" word, my&reverso fault. In French, "mitig�" means "in the doubt / not sure / not happy" and it appears that this second meaning isn't proper in all English declinations. Next time I'll use lukewarm, I promise.
    Which statement best describes your current situation? (Poll)-capture.png

But it seems that reading OP ... nevermind.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-12-14 at 03:54 PM.
    02-12-14 03:41 PM
    Alright, BD choose to mention his first move from legacy to BB10 and he felt "mitigated". That's ok for me.
    Could have chosen the next move when he came back to BBOS7, he didn't. His choice, only one vote.
    1 vote over 260+ doesn't need tens of posts ... if you ask me.

For the "mitigated" word, my&reverso fault. In French, "mitig�" means "in the doubt / not sure / not happy" and it appears that this second meaning isn't proper in all English declinations. Next time I'll use lukewarm, I promise.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	400 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	247255

Oh you're french??
    You're English is really good!
    French Canadian??
    02-12-14 03:47 PM
    Thank you
    No, I'm French from Paris, France; with wine, baguette and ... Monaco (private joke) !
    02-12-14 03:55 PM
    Lol the real french

(french Canadians I'm just kidding!! Enjoy Carnaval!)
    02-12-14 04:04 PM
    Made the move from Symbian S60 to BB10...I will have you know that there is a decent difference between the two. I had some Legacy devices before that and was using a Samsung S4 for a bit as well but yeah...didn't like TouchWiz and the Legacy devices found themselves classified under our government's new Appropriate Action policy (they were stolen).

@Superfly_FR: You could have used "ambivalent", "uncommitted", "wavering" or even "hesitant" instead. Just for the further betterment of your English Language endeavours. :-)

Though, as always...certain users will continue to argue when the OP clearly and politely requests that they do not. Sorry that your thread got sidetracked.
    02-12-14 05:05 PM
    Made the move from Symbian S60 to BB10...I will have you know that there is a decent difference between the two. I had some Legacy devices before that and was using a Samsung S4 for a bit as well but yeah...didn't like TouchWiz and the Legacy devices found themselves classified under our government's new Appropriate Action policy (they were stolen).

@Superfly_FR: You could have used "ambivalent", "uncommitted", "wavering" or even "hesitant" instead. Just for the further betterment of your English Language endeavours. :-)

Though, as always...certain users will continue to argue when the OP clearly and politely requests that they do not. Sorry that your thread got sidetracked.
    Not "ambivalent" - that's indifferent, not caring one way or the other. It probably applies to some around here, but not for Superfly's polling purposes here. Disenchanted, disillusioned, and dissatisfied would also be appropriate.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 05:20 PM
    "I migrated from a Legacy device to BB10 and I'm mitigated"
    "I migrated from another platform and I'm mitigated".

Not sure what you mean by "I"m mitigated" since you can not be mitigated. Are you trying to say "I'm mitigating the situation"?
    02-12-14 05:38 PM
    I mostly like my Z10 except for the email experience on it.

Because BIS no longer exists, I've had to change my entire way of using email on the desktop to suit what works for the phone and it's turning into an organizational nightmare combined with unreliable syncing of messages and calendar entries.
    02-12-14 05:42 PM
    "I migrated from a Legacy device to BB10 and I'm mitigated"
    "I migrated from another platform and I'm mitigated".

Not sure what you mean by "I"m mitigated" since you can not be mitigated. Are you trying to say "I'm mitigating the situation"?
    Already addressed.
    English is not his native language.
    Replace mitigated with unimpressed or lukewarm.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-12-14 05:56 PM
    Technically, BD choose to mention his first move from legacy to BB10 and he felt "mitigated". That's ok for me.
    BTW, 1 vote over 260+ doesn't need tens of explanations posts ... if you ask me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	400 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	247255

That's actually a great word. I'm going to have to figure out how to almost inappropriately slip it into conversations now.
    Superfly_FR and kbz1960 like this.
    02-12-14 06:02 PM
    That's actually a great word. I'm going to have to figure out how to almost inappropriately slip it into conversations now.
    I've often wondered how to slip it in mid conversation but for some reason, it's not always well received... lol
    02-12-14 06:04 PM
    I've often wondered how to slip it in mid conversation but for some reason, it's not always well received... lol
    :rofl:

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 06:59 PM
    I actually went from a 9800 to a 9810, then changed to a SG3 which I loved. The screen was crisp, clear, and the overall device was pleasant to use. BUT and you knew there would be that "but" it just did not feel right to me. So I took the plunge to my Z10 now. Feels comfortable, as well the screen is crisp, good battery life and the device just feels right in my hand. As for the OS itself, could care less. If it were OS 7 I would be fine with that as well.

I like it for the hardware.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-12-14 07:27 PM
    I think the poll speaks for itself. I voted with the masses.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-12-14 07:59 PM
106 ... 2345