View Poll Results: What is your current situation ?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • I own a legacy device and stick to it

10 3.26%
  • I own a legacy device and will migrate to BB10 as soon as I can (for whatever reason)

11 3.58%
  • I own a legacy device but will migrate to another platform (I don't want BB10)

8 2.61%
  • I migrated from legacy device to BB10 and I like it

192 62.54%
  • I migrated from a legacy device to BB10 and I'm mitigated

24 7.82%
  • I migrated from another OS to BB10 and I like it

46 14.98%
  • I migrated from another OS to BB10 and I'm mitigated

6 1.95%
  • BB10 is my first smartphone OS and I like it

10 3.26%
  • BB10 is my first smartphone OS and I'm mitigated

0 0%
    Poll newbie here, how do I view and vote? There is no poll showing in cb10 app and neither in browser!
    I migrated from another platform to BB10 and love it!
    Posted via CB10
    Hi kaleido, I'd suggest you use the browser but switch to "Full site" view, just above the Mobile Nations logo at the very bottom of the page.
    Thanks for your contribution !
    kaleido scope likes this.
    02-11-14 11:46 AM
    To be fair, you are polling crackberry about BlackBerry.
    We're extremely biased
    "In almost every long thread, we ..."
    Yes, absolutely, this is not as such representative of users worldwide. Only CB members.
    Yet we may measure "voicing" V.S numbers; I had no factual clue before that.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-11-14 11:47 AM
    Hi kaleido, I'd suggest you use the browser but switch to "Full site" view, just above the Mobile Nations logo at the very bottom of the page.
    Thanks for your contribution !
    Thanks, switching to the full desktop site worked!
    Contributed my vote.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-11-14 11:51 AM
    BBOS6 > BB10

I really like BB10 and with the use of some of the developer tools and some modest tech know how it is a solid device. For "me" it is much better than legacy devices, but I didn't need the features of BIS that are missing.

That said, what works for me I can see will not work of your average smartphone users......
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-11-14 11:51 AM
    Here is my option:

I went to a BB10 device (Z10) didn't like it, then migrated to another OS.
    02-11-14 12:12 PM
    Voted
    iphone 4 to BB10 and love it!
    02-11-14 12:13 PM
    I'm mitigated. I want a slider with full touchscreen, hardware keyboard, call buttons and trackpad, and there are lots of people like me, but we're being mitigated up the wazoo by BlackBerry's indifference to their own legacy of hyper efficient mobile device functionality in favour of "like apple and android, but less of what makes those OSes popular, and less of what made our legacy devices popular".

Signed
    baffled by the "no, loyal customers, we will not give you what you ask for no matter what" attitude that (still? used to, for sure) prevail at BlackBerry HQ.

...but I am hopeful that someone who didn't flunk out of business school will get a grip and do something sensible to the BlackBerry device portfolio... the OS is on the right track, but there is too much eerie silence on the device front... perhaps "leaking" a prototype slider with trackpad / call buttons would stem the tide of BBOS defections to Android / iOS? if they don't get the kind of response they want they can quietly "cancel" the device... they did it before.
    Nine54 likes this.
    02-11-14 12:33 PM
    BlackBerry legacy to BlackBerry 10
    And I like it.
    Last edited by stevobbm; 04-06-14 at 10:54 AM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-11-14 12:44 PM
    Bb4, bb5, bb7 and bb10
    No looking back.

Posted on CB10 with the Q10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-11-14 12:46 PM
    Went from BB9810 (and iPhone 4s and SG3) to Z10 then to Z30 and love the BB10 beast Z30.

Also just got a HTC one last week and it doesn't come close to the Z30!
    Last edited by bungaboy; 02-11-14 at 01:03 PM.
    Superfly_FR and Shadowyugi like this.
    02-11-14 12:47 PM
    Pool needs another option, or maybe two:
    1. I migrated from Legacy to BB10 and switched back to Legacy
    2. I migrated from Legacy to BB10 and switched to another platform
    Agree. I would be in the 2. I migrated from Legacy to BB10 and switched to another platform camp.
    02-11-14 12:52 PM
    I'm mitigated. I want a slider with full touchscreen, hardware keyboard, call buttons and trackpad, and there are lots of people like me, but we're being mitigated up the wazoo by BlackBerry's indifference to their own legacy of hyper efficient mobile device functionality in favour of "like apple and android, but less of what makes those OSes popular, and less of what made our legacy devices popular".
    I think you've managed to sum up---in perhaps the longest run-on sentence ever ---the sentiment of all the so-called "traditionalists" in the BBOS vs. BB 10 threads.
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    02-11-14 12:58 PM
    I’m rocking a Bold 9930, but will be upgrading to a Q10 via upgrade in a couple of weeks. Can’t wait!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-11-14 01:02 PM

Please remember : your thoughts most welcome, no debate about others opinions please !

02-11-14 01:14 PM
    One thing !
    "I migrated from legacy device to BB10 and I LOVE THEM"
    02-11-14 01:18 PM
    I chose that i'm sticking to my legacy device though I am actually in the same boat as Belfast. I have a Q10 and wouldn't choose some other company's offering over it as long as BlackBerry the company exists, but as I mentioned in another thread on this topic, BBOS meets certain criteria and personal preferences I have that BB10 doesn't quite reach.

I guess likewise, I switched from legacy, to BB10, back to legacy.

PS: I love sounding like a fool :/ (if the shoe fits right?) but I don't understand you're use of the word mitigated in option #5. I believe I know what something that is mitigated is, but not the use of "i'm mitigated".

Posted via BitPusher's BlackBerry
    Superfly_FR and xanadome like this.
    02-11-14 01:24 PM
    PS: I love sounding like a fool :/ (if the shoe fits right?) but I don't understand you're use of the word mitigated in option #5. I believe I know what something that is mitigated is, but not the use of "i'm mitigated".
    Sorry about that; I mean "mixed feelings", will edit/explain in OP. Thanks for pointing it out.
    02-11-14 02:36 PM
    I own a Z-10 and would not trade it except for a Z-30. If I wanted a toy I would buy an i-phone.Call quality,security,speed of browser,and overall quality baked into BB make this the gold standard in OS. Especially if you run a business,poor marketing hurts BB more than anything else. I started with the Bold 9000 and never thought of going back to Samsung,Motorola,or I-phone.
    When the Z-10 hit I was on it from day one (March 15th 2013) Once you go to BB you don't settle for less somewhere else..
    Superfly_FR and Shadowyugi like this.
    02-11-14 04:48 PM
    Sorry about that; I mean "mixed feelings", will edit/explain in OP. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Your English is way better than my French... I (and probably most other people) knew what you meant, which is the whole point of communication, right? :-)
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-11-14 08:45 PM
    Belfast dispatcher,

I think everyone and their dog knows that you don't like bb10, I heard BlackBerry were thinking of bringing out bb8 and bb9 just for you.

You situation is certainly different and unique on this forum.

Posted without an iphone.

Posted on CB10 with the Q10
    That's very nice of BlackBerry, Belfast Dispatcher you must feel honoured (smile)
    02-11-14 09:05 PM
    Migrated from legacy and loving it!!!!

Although to fully express how I feel, I migrated from legacy to Z10 and was tolerating it BUT bought a Q10 and NOW I'm LOVING my BB10 device.

Q10 made all the difference for me.
    Superfly_FR and Thunderbuck like this.
    02-12-14 05:59 AM
    Migrated from legacy and loving it!!!!

Although to fully express how I feel, I migrated from legacy to Z10 and was tolerating it BUT bought a Q10 and NOW I'm LOVING my BB10 device.

Q10 made all the difference for me.
    Weren't you just as in love with the Z10 at first though? I give you a couple of months before you start to feel like you're tolerating the Q10 too

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    02-12-14 06:10 AM
    Weren't you just as in love with the Z10 at first though? I give you a couple of months before you start to feel like you're tolerating the Q10 too

Yup...I was loving it until the reboots started and then the horrible battery life I was getting. BUT my Q10 is not rebooting randomly and I'm getting fantastic battery life. Plus .1925 is REALLY nice, and I see the OS maturing.

So....the two things that got me turned off to my Z are not issues with my Q.

So there.....
    Elite1 and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    02-12-14 06:14 AM
    Yup...I was loving it until the reboots started and then the horrible battery life I was getting. BUT my Q10 is not rebooting randomly and I'm getting fantastic battery life. Plus .1925 is REALLY nice, and I see the OS maturing.

So....the two things that got me turned off to my Z are not issues with my Q.

So there.....
    Not yet, as I said I'll give you a couple of months

My Q10 did reboot a lot

02-12-14 06:16 AM
    Not yet, as I said I'll give you a couple of months

My Q10 did reboot a lot

OK I got it January 7th so I'm halfway there.
    02-12-14 06:30 AM
106 1234 ...