Ok, I have a full data plan and wifi has always worked great on my 8820. Now I'm in a hotel where everyone elts is connecting fine to the network and I can set up the profile and it shows on my homescreen, but in connections it shows the yellow bar and the name of the wifi network. This has happened in 3 hotels for far, so I have no idea what the problem might be. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 08:57 PM
    Some hotels require a password/payment to access wifi....?

I've always been able to connect with my BIS.
    08-18-08 08:59 PM
    No. This is free wifi, same with all the other hotells I have been in so far.

08-18-08 09:02 PM
    In many cases, even when the wifi is free, when you open your home page, the network redirects you to one of their pages to log on. Try chnging your browser settings to emulate IE and maybe you'll be able to log in from there.

08-18-08 09:04 PM
    Sometimes the wifi in certain rooms just sux too. Been there.

08-18-08 09:06 PM
    In many cases, even when the wifi is free, when you open your home page, the network redirects you to one of their pages to log on. Try chnging your browser settings to emulate IE and maybe you'll be able to log in from there.

That's been my experience, when I open the browser, I'm prompted to enter the hotel's unique code then I can use the network....that's my laptop.

With my BB so far, the data plan has covered me everywhere I go. <knock wood>
    08-18-08 09:09 PM
    I'm in the lobby trying to connect. The signal is great there. I'll try the ie setting though. Thanks!

08-18-08 09:12 PM
    still not working.

08-19-08 08:03 AM
    They probably require a log in even though it is free. Try options>advanced>host routing tables and reregistar the device.
    08-19-08 08:08 AM
    Re register the bold one, or wifi? If its wifi, should I be connected to the network when I register? Thanks for your help. I never really needed to use wifi on trips, but my service here is very random.

08-19-08 08:41 AM
    Also, I would love to use my laptop as well. If anyone knows how to get the hp network and sharing center to load on a hp compaq prestero v6000, that would help too. :P

08-19-08 08:44 AM
    ok, I got it! Once you connect to one, you have to go back to set up the wifi network, and hit wifi hotspot login and it takes you to the hotel's page and your all set! Thanks for your help everyone!

08-19-08 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD