Audi’s in-dash system combines a trio of infotainment controls - The Globe and Mail

Audi is a known QNX user, I wonder if this is the begining of QNX car2. In the picture that could be a PlayBook behind the dash.
    04-23-12 01:15 AM
    QNX runs OnStar, so all GM cars with OnStar were the "beginning" of a QNX car.

QNX Automotive Solutions
    04-23-12 07:02 AM
    Seems like the reviewer found more problems with the system then accolades.

"I could tell it what Sirius station I wanted by name, but the system can’t recognize commands for songs or playlists from a mobile device connected through Bluetooth or line-in. In addition, metadata (song, artist, album, etc.) only shows up when playing music from the native music apps for iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Windows Phone, so if you use a third-party app for playback, the fields just stay blank.

You'd think for an info-tainment device this would be a clear function but I doubt that an IOS or Android system would be any better for 3rd party devices. I mean at least none of them work well Maybe there will be a native QNX media app for 3rd party devices ?

Also personally I'd prefer something better looking. This looks like crap (sorry Audi). The focus is clearly on visibility/function and not aesthetics as all these head units look the same across manufacturers. With the PB it is possible to have a nicer UI so that isn't what the Designers/Engineers wanted. Hope that changes.
    04-23-12 09:34 AM
    I'm still waiting to see some kind of swiping dash if RIM is getting involved in ve-hicles

My car has a little ledge in front of the dash and I put my playbook right there, blocking the dash, and swipe between Magellan, VCMS, email, the web, and music...

I personally don't care about physical gauges. The only thing I need is speed and hearing the engine as RPMs climb...and maybe the tach for sport driving so I don't hit the rev limiter

One swiping display in front of the driver, voice control, one display for the passanger, and some old-school gauges for volume in the center console...
    04-23-12 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD