Yeah Fairfax through a billion dollars are at BlackBerry for charity reasons out of the kindness of their harts and that goes with with the rest of big money financiers that have been slowly building up their positions wile the media and many people on these forums have been on black berry's imminent demise.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 02:28 PM
    Yeah Fairfax through a billion dollars are at BlackBerry for charity reasons out of the kindness of their harts <snip>
    For the record, Fairfax/BlackBerry arranged a debenture loan. It boils down to Fairfax lending BB $1.25Billion and BB paying Fairfax interest of 6% on that loan.

It most definitely wasn't done out of charity or for free.

I wonder how much of it BB have left?
    RubberChicken76 and imz like this.
    05-11-14 02:37 PM
    Over at webOSNation, they are hoping for a comeback also. They are still using their Touchpads and Pres and are excited at LG's new webOS-based TVs. However, links to their site have been removed from MobileNations pages so you will have to type in the link if you want to go there.

At one point, if you wanted a smartphone it would almost have to be a Blackberry or a Palm.
    LG has not ruled out a smartphone with WebOS.
    05-11-14 05:33 PM
    Would you lend money to some one you thought was going to go bankrupt.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 05:44 PM
    I gosh darn hope so, whoop! :dance:

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 05:48 PM
    Folks, update the os to 10.3. I did and my battery issues have disappeared. Amazing!

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 05:54 PM
    Blackberry has a bad rep in Belgium and the Netherlands too. A few years ago everyone had a BB because of bbm. Then BB stood still and watched how Samsung and Apple took over. Can't understand why they didn't anticipate earlier.

Loving the Q10 though, i hope BB will succeed again. In Belgium we've had a couple of companies (banks, carriers,..) with a bad rep changing their names and it seemed to work pretty good. Maybe blackberry needs a change like that too.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk
    05-12-14 07:53 AM
132 ... 456