I am headed to Boston next month for work. The building I will be in every day has really poor cell reception, I only get a signal in a couple of places. Last time I was there I drained the battery on my dumbphone daily because it was constantly searching for a signal. My question is: if I put my BB in Standby mode will it still continue to search for a signal? Or will it only search when the phone is "active?" If Standby doesn't work for that is there anything I can do to keep it from searching other than turn it off? TIA.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 12:13 AM
    I believe it will search for a signal. I may be wrong.

08-20-09 01:02 AM
    It will search for a signal, also try updating your PRL in boston, it may end your signal problems
    08-20-09 01:24 AM
    You could always try the program "Radio Saver" w/c helps preserve battery life in low signal areas.
    I just checked the CB store & it's on sale for $2.99. It's always worked for me.
    Hope this helps you.....

08-20-09 01:43 AM
    I would still recommend reprogramming your phone with the latest PRL and see if you can grab a closer or maybe newer tower once you get to Boston
    08-20-09 01:46 AM
    I would still recommend reprogramming your phone with the latest PRL and see if you can grab a closer or maybe newer tower once you get to Boston
    Is that the *228 send/update thing? I've tried that every time I'm there but it doesn't help. I will certainly try it again.
    08-20-09 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD