I wonder why they never made the trim on the curves etc stainles steel. As i thought the pearl used to look real good with the stainless steel sides.
    The E71 looks nice with it and many other phones, are there any blackberrys other than the pearl with stainless steel?

I think they should bring it back on all the phones.
    06-11-09 07:08 AM
    speaking of the e71, i think they should make a blackberry that thin
    06-11-09 08:43 AM
    i hate all nokia smartphones.
    06-11-09 08:51 AM
    Was it really stainless or just aluminum?
    06-11-09 10:13 AM
    i would like a metal battery door like the storm
    06-11-09 10:18 AM
    Was it really stainless or just aluminum?
    Neither. The side rails on a Pearl are shiny Chrome plated plastic.

Building a Steel BlackBerry would be possible, but the real concern is the ruggedness of the the logic boards inside. One drop of salt water in the wrong place makes Steel pointless.

I am sure the Execs at RIM have considered doing a ruggedized version, there would be a good demand for them from critical response personnel like Fire, Rescue and Police.
    06-11-09 10:23 AM
    Neither. The side rails on a Pearl are shiny Chrome plated plastic.

Building a Steel BlackBerry would be possible, but the real concern is the ruggedness of the the logic boards inside. One drop of salt water in the wrong place makes Steel pointless.

I am sure the Execs at RIM have considered doing a ruggedized version, there would be a good demand for them from critical response personnel like Fire, Rescue and Police.
    You mean encased in steel? Maybe with an external antenna but that's about it. Any internal antenna would be cut off from the world inside the metal case.
    06-11-09 10:40 AM
    It would look quote interesting in steel....
    06-11-09 10:43 AM
    ok my personal complaint with some of the newer blackberrys--like the curves is that the keyboard feels a bit sloppily put together. I've played with lots of coworkers bb's, and all the keyboards feel a little loose, most of them you can push a little back and forth..Why are the new bb's keyboards not like the 8700's and 7xxx series(s)?
    06-13-09 09:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD