Hello folks,
    I need to ssh into my Blackberry device in order to install OpenVPN on my playbook according to:
    TAP driver for the QNX6
    However, I have not yet figured out how to do this What happend to dingleberry, the former jailbreaking site? It seems to be gone?
    I know that Blackberry claims rooting to be illegimate and breaking the warranty. However, at least in Europe rooting does NOT void the warranty by law, according to FSFE and the European parliament (Does rooting your device (e.g. an Android phone) and replacing its operating system with something else void your statutory warranty, if you are a consumer?).
    Please, can anybody point me to a working Jailbreak for the current Blackberry Playbook OS release? Which QNX-Kernel is the playbook currently running?
    Thanks in advance!
    03-25-13 05:08 AM
    The playbook and Z10 are not Jailbreakable (is that a word?) at the moment, or no one has publicized a way to do it. It was possible on the Playbook previously but was locked down with version 2 of the OS.
    03-25-13 09:12 AM
    The BlackBerry PlayBook includes a VPN client built-into the operating system. You do not need to install a VPN client. As for SSH access to the tablet I think that route was effectively closed as of BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.0 and the developer of dingleberry admitted the security features of BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.0 prevented further "jailbreaking".
    03-25-13 09:18 AM
    Yes, but as far as I know the Playbook currently only supports IPSEC based VPN services, but not OpenVPN?
    However, I have an OpenVPN Server running on my router (OpenWRT) to which I want to connect.
    03-25-13 09:54 AM
    Yes, but as far as I know the Playbook currently only supports IPSEC based VPN services, but not OpenVPN?
    However, I have an OpenVPN Server running on my router (OpenWRT) to which I want to connect.
    Unfortunately, Playbook doesn't support any VPN options typically used by, or set up by consumers. That includes OpenVPN, PPTP, or IPSEC-L2TP. It will be a massive pain to set up a VPN that will work with the playbook. The same is true for BB10 phones. I've tried doing the same.
    03-25-13 11:13 AM
    I noticed that if I run bgshellplus and do a ls on the /dev directory, there are four tunnels open. That is, tun0, tun1, etc. I'm not sure if this is useful in getting Openvpn running or not.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 02:57 AM
    Done i hope it will be improved asap
    04-16-14 03:52 AM