Bought an app from CB and picked up malware from funmoods.com in the process. I used my compute to do the transaction. Fortunately I found that spybot that is a free download worked. I ran their scan and activated it.

I kept getting funmoods as my home page. When I put my regular home page (local forecast from NOAA) in the tools, internet options and set it for NOAA it would bring up the funmood page the next browser I had opened. Once I installed spybot it asked me if my change to NOAA was legit. I pressed Allow. It got rid of the funmood page.

I'm reluctant to use the CB store for app purchases now. Will use blackberry's page. Also, thinking of NOT activating my new Bold 9900 to avoid anymore hassles. Weighing options. I'm not that savy with computers or smart phones and the stress is keeping my recovery from pnemonia at a slower than needed pace.
    03-07-12 03:33 PM
    Which app was it? It should be investigated.
    03-07-12 03:52 PM
    Tell us what app it was, also if you had used adblock plus, the ad that probably installed malware, would be blocked.

I dislike rogue app makers. Could it be jared co?
    03-07-12 04:22 PM
    It was one the app that allowed you to block calls & texts. I don't have it handy right now. I'll look it up and put it here.

I'm an when it comes to computers & smart phones...
    03-07-12 04:49 PM
    03-07-12 04:56 PM
    Where do you get adblock plus?

Tell us what app it was, also if you had used adblock plus, the ad that probably installed malware, would be blocked.

I dislike rogue app makers. Could it be jared co?
    03-07-12 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD