Sprints service is pretty terrible.
    PTZ likes this.
    03-03-13 11:35 PM
    Looking at the population of smartphone users, it's pretty obvious that the safer bet is iPhone. They're still committed to getting a BB10 device, it just won't be the z10. (Not to mention that full touch BB's haven't been a hit in the past.) Sprint made a reasonable business decision at this point to cover their BB customers and keep up with their contract with Apple.

As for the number of customers who have held off renewing to wait for BB10, it's not a significant enough number to base the investment of millions of dollars in hardware on. The decision will stink for a few, but Sprint is looking at how they can best serve the majority of their customers.
    BB still holds a big pie in enterprises and governments and Sprint really doesn't want to **** those customers.
    03-04-13 01:12 AM
    Well, Sprint can always change their minds. Can't say that that will happen soon.

Options:
    1. Buy one full price and see if your carrier will give you a sim card; or
    2. change carrier; or
    3. Wait it out.

My 2 cents.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Phones on CDMA networks don't use SIM cards for that network. Their world phones have SIM cards for GSM networks, but are limited to 2G network in the US.
    03-04-13 01:35 AM
    I considered it, but for me, the lack of Z10 isn't a deal breaker. Just disappointing. I guess I'll be waiting to see what other choices come up in the future, because I probably won't abandon my 4.8" screen to drop back to a 3.1 screen, and I've adapted to touchscreen typing now. November will be my next upgrades, since I burned March rather than waiting for what I can't have, to make my wife happy. That makes it worthwhile to see her smile.
    03-04-13 01:40 AM
    Actually, I consistently get coverage with my Sprint phone where others don't, and I've moved all over the US.
    Sprint has coverage all over the US. But where I live they have a lot of gaps once you leave the largely populated areas and main roads.
    03-04-13 02:00 AM
    Sprint now belongs to Softbank Japan. Softbank Japan does not sell BBs. Docomo has BB exclusivity. Softbank has iPhone exclusivity for many years until last year.
    03-04-13 03:16 AM
    The folks over at Sprint have had the attitude that they wish that BlackBerry was dead for some time now and have tried to get me to buy an Android device for some time now and so this is nothing new to me. For what reason I do not know other than maybe they may have been so many times they are just throwing BlackBerry under the bus all together and treat their customers like cattle and drive them to continue to buy android.
    They have told me many times that BlackBerry is dead and or going under so they seem not to care what we want. Besides android is the number one seller and so maybe we should stage a mock trial in front of Sprint headquarters and charge the CEO of Sprint with conspiracy to commit corporate murder in front of TV news crews? That would get some eyebrows raised!
    03-04-13 04:33 PM
    Also remember they have a warehouse full of Androids they gotta dump em down somebody's throats and guess who that's gonna be?
    They got plenty of touchscreen phones and if we are going to stay with Sprint we just gotta deal with it or move on. My contract is up on one line and I might move it back over to T-Mobile. I dunno yet. I do see both sides of the issue and well it's gonna be very hard to make a choice for me as a trucker I need coverage and Verizon stinks I sure as **** ain't gong there and so I gotta just either suck it up or move on.
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-04-13 04:42 PM
    That's not true I run all 48 and that statement applies to T-Mobile not Sprint.
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-04-13 04:44 PM
    That's not true I run all 48 and that statement applies to T-Mobile not Sprint.
    Yeah, I've had friends say that about T-Mobile, a lot.
    03-04-13 04:49 PM
    Alright a chance to bash Sprint! I made the mistake of committing to a contract for four lines to these bums. At first things seemed ok till I started traveling a bit further for work then I discovered why they are third and probably should be last. Sprint service is useless. So they are not getting the new BlackBerry? They are second tier in service, coverage and phone selection so they are just maintaining their poor image. I have waited for the new.Z10 thinking that Sprint seems to have supported BlackBerry in the past, well? I considered buying my way out of Sprint , this certainly weighs in my decision.
    03-04-13 06:01 PM
    BB still holds a big pie in enterprises and governments and Sprint really doesn't want to **** those customers.
    That number continues to decline. Other OS's are working on getting into the enterprise and govt markets, and BB can't just rest on the idea that they are the only option anymore. Also, Sprint is making their decision based on the majority of their customer base, which is consumer, not corporate.
    03-04-13 08:03 PM
87 ... 234