I had the Sprint Curve and I was able to use 3rd party GPS apps on such as Google Maps and AmazeGps, I've heard the the Google Maps works on the Verizon Tour, is anybody with a Sprint Tour able to use 3rd party GPS apps?
    08-30-09 12:22 PM
    It's an issue with MEID BB's on Sprint.

Google Maps on a 8330e will work great with GPS. It won't work with an 8330m, or a Tour.

I did find that some programs could access the GPS on the Tour, like BTSidekick.
    08-30-09 12:25 PM
    I hope they plan on fixing it, I love Google Maps
    08-30-09 12:34 PM
    They will eventually - if you need local search use Poynt. The new version works now w/Sprint Tour GPS

Poynt download for BlackBerry

There's an option in poynt to use google maps as a default mapping solution, so you can use poynt to find what you're looking for, and then map it automatically on gmaps. It works pretty well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 01:52 PM
    I use google maps all the time on my tour and I have sprint. Unless you are talking about something else

08-30-09 02:12 PM
    I use google maps all the time on my tour and I have sprint. Unless you are talking about something else

I'm talking about using GPS on the Sprint Tour, if yours works what's your build date?
    08-30-09 02:35 PM
    They will eventually - if you need local search use Poynt. The new version works now w/Sprint Tour GPS

Poynt download for BlackBerry

There's an option in poynt to use google maps as a default mapping solution, so you can use poynt to find what you're looking for, and then map it automatically on gmaps. It works pretty well.

Thanks bro, I really want something like google maps, I like to see it move while I'm driving or walking ;-)
    08-30-09 02:50 PM
    The only other option really is telenav/sprint navigation...tn is my preference, and can be found here:

TeleNav OTA

Thanks bro, I really want something like google maps, I like to see it move while I'm driving or walking ;-)
    08-30-09 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD