I keep hearing rumors about the torch coming to sprint. I am do for an upgrade one the 1st of next month but I am willing to wait if the torch is coming to sprint. Is it coming out?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-10 01:41 PM
    We really don't know. I've heard that its coming to Verizon myself (and I don't think the same phone would go to both CDMA carriers at the same time).

I guess we just have to wait for CES in January.
    12-27-10 01:46 PM
    We really don't know. I've heard that its coming to Verizon myself (and I don't think the same phone would go to both CDMA carriers at the same time).

I guess we just have to wait for CES in January.
    CES is on the 3rd right?

12-27-10 01:49 PM
    From all that i've been hearing, expect Sprint to have the Torch (4G?) availible in late Feb or early March...and possible 2 other BlackBerry phones
    12-27-10 02:51 PM
    CES is on the 3rd right?

I think so... its like the 3rd-6th or something.

I hope both Sprint and Verizon get new phones this Jan/Feb... why is AT&T getting all the new love from RIM??

Honestly, I'm not waiting until May (or even possibly October) for a QNX phone, I will be perfectly happy with an OS6 Torch/Storm3 at this point to hold me over (since my Storm2 is just not performing as it should).
    12-27-10 04:51 PM
    I think so... its like the 3rd-6th or something.

I hope both Sprint and Verizon get new phones this Jan/Feb... why is AT&T getting all the new love from RIM??

Honestly, I'm not waiting until May (or even possibly October) for a QNX phone, I will be perfectly happy with an OS6 Torch/Storm3 at this point to hold me over (since my Storm2 is just not performing as it should).
    I think is true for many people who are simply tired of waiting, and as bad as i want a QNX device, i think i still may have to agree with u.

Im surprised RIM hasn't given Sprint a touch screen or 4G device. I mean, i really do think that RIM can't avoid putting touch based devices on all carriers. I still don't see why RIM couldn't make the Style a 4G device for Sprint? How long ago was the Evo released???
    12-27-10 08:44 PM
    RIM is way behind manufacturers like Samsung and HTC. CES is just a week away so hopefully this time next week we will know for sure what is coming to Sprint.
    12-28-10 07:19 AM
    So CES started today. Where's the new BB for Sprint?

(crickets...)
    01-06-11 03:48 PM
    yea i doubt there is one
    01-06-11 03:51 PM
    AT&T gets the love because they sell more RIM devices in the US than any other carrier. A snowball would have a better chance of getting a Torch than Sprint.

01-06-11 08:10 PM
    AT&T gets the love because they sell more RIM devices in the US than any other carrier. A snowball would have a better chance of getting a Torch than Sprint.

In that case maybe I should try AT&T and get the Torch. I mean is AT&T's coverage and service that much worse than Sprint's?
    01-06-11 08:54 PM
    In that case maybe I should try AT&T and get the Torch. I mean is AT&T's coverage and service that much worse than Sprint's?
    Depends where you are but its probably about the same. I've had similar experiences with Sprint, AT&T, and Verizon and I travel quite a bit for hockey but it really just depends on locations. I don't have AT&T anymore because it is much cheaper to be on Sprint.
    01-06-11 10:09 PM
    Sure. If you want to spend $70 more per month for the exact same service as Sprint. That's my only problem with AT$T.

If Sprint would stop being d-bags and work even a little bit at courting RIM (instead of absurd losers like Palm), then I'd be much happier.
    01-07-11 12:32 PM
    ^ Word. I'm patiently waiting for a Torch or something touch screen to come to Sprint. So far, nada.

Vzw's announcement of the iPh4 today I'm hoping gets things rolling. BB tweeted earlier about a "fiery" new phone announcement coming soon. I can only hope that means the Torch is being released on CDMA carriers Vzw and Sprint. I'm due for an upgrade but I'm holding off as well.

01-11-11 07:40 PM
    ^ Word. I'm patiently waiting for a Torch or something touch screen to come to Sprint. So far, nada.

Vzw's announcement of the iPh4 today I'm hoping gets things rolling. BB tweeted earlier about a "fiery" new phone announcement coming soon. I can only hope that means the Torch is being released on CDMA carriers Vzw and Sprint. I'm due for an upgrade but I'm holding off as well.

We've also heard is was to be announced at CES too. I think they are already selling it in the stores next to the free Unicorn rides. All sarcasm aside though I'm waiting for BB touch from Sprint too. Apparently neither Sprint nor RIM want me to use my upgrade. If this goes into summer I may have to start looking at other carriers/phones.
    01-11-11 08:42 PM

It wasn't a new phone announcement, they were giving away a red torch. I'm also hoping for a Sprint Torch, but I'm starting to like my evo more and more these days..
    01-11-11 11:57 PM
    It wasn't a new phone announcement, they were giving away a red torch. I'm also hoping for a Sprint Torch, but I'm starting to like my evo more and more these days..
    It's a crying shame a Torch can't be unlocked and used on Sprint's network or I'd have one by now.

Darn you Sprint.
    01-13-11 11:26 AM
    I've had sprint for 12 long years and no one else... If they don't release a Torch soon I may have to break up with them.

01-14-11 04:48 PM
    Well the picture on the invite for the Feb 7th announcement has the statue of liberty in the background. She has her big torch, could that be a hint? Could be a 4G Blackberry on Sprint. IT would be an industry 1st.
    01-14-11 10:41 PM
    Sprint is going to announce the iPhone on that date....
    and here's the proof
    01-23-11 11:43 AM
    Sprint is going to announce the iPhone on that date....
    and here's the proof
    Sorry, but that iphone is actually an ipod with Sprint's ZTE PEEL Mobile wifi hotspot
    01-23-11 12:08 PM
    I've read Sprint will release a CDMA Torch called the Bold 9930 sometime in 2011. See New Phones -upcoming sprint phones
    02-18-11 03:21 PM
    I've read Sprint will release a CDMA Torch called the Bold 9930 sometime in 2011. See New Phones -upcoming sprint phones
    When you combine the fact that at&t have spent quite a lot promoting the torch and that there was no mention of a cdma torch alongside all the other leaks, I would suspect that believing that site is likely to lead to disappointment.
    02-19-11 06:33 AM
    There is no sprint torch. This is the biggest rumor out of 0 evidence i've ever seen on here. If you want a torch you will be forced to go to AT&T.
    02-20-11 08:08 AM
    There is no sprint torch. This is the biggest rumor out of 0 evidence i've ever seen on here. If you want a torch you will be forced to go to AT&T.
    Watch out for next month when this is no longer true. [Supported by Best Buy Employment]

02-20-11 02:39 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD