I currently have Sprint and I am considering switching to T-Mobile to get the new Curve 8900.

My question is this:

All things being equal, meaning a decent connection with both Sprint and T-Mobile's networks (assuming using the same phone), can anyone tell me if Sprint's network is actually faster? In other words I want to know if I should feel comfortable that T-Mobile has a comparable internet plan with speeds equal or better to Sprint. Otherwise I am just going to wait it out until Sprint FINALLY gets either the Curve or the Niagara, whichever is coming out first.

Thanks
    02-24-09 11:05 PM
    You might want to consider the phone too, as the 8900 is a GREAT phone (and Tmo is your only option to get it now), you get wifi, and those LOW Tmo prices too.
    02-24-09 11:12 PM
    My officemate and I did a side by side comparison with blackberry pearls in December.
    We both downloaded the same webpages to see which service was faster. Sprint won on all 5 websites.
    As for GPS, email, texting-the services seem to be equal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 11:21 PM
    I switched from tmobile to sprint. I would recommend to anyone who asks to stay with sprint. For what I need sprint is much cheaper and even though the CSRs can be a bit clueless they are much more helpful then tmobile ever was.

02-25-09 03:38 AM
    I've only had TMO. Since before there was a TMO. I find the Customer Service to be much better than other carriers in the area based on conversations with friends and family.
    02-25-09 07:37 AM
    My officemate and I did a side by side comparison with blackberry pearls in December.
    We both downloaded the same webpages to see which service was faster. Sprint won on all 5 websites.
    As for GPS, email, texting-the services seem to be equal.

This is what I was looking for. I also have a Pearl and was comparing my phone to my barber's 8330 on T-Mobile, and my phone was blowing his away in terms of straight-up internet speed (wifi aside). That was what really made me think twice about dropping Sprint service.

I think I am going to stay with Sprint. I would rather feel comfortable knowing I am getting a great deal on my service than have a new phone. After all, what good is the phone if the service is bad?
    02-25-09 09:24 AM
    As well as TMO has treated me... I will never switch. And my 8900 is awesome!
    02-25-09 09:26 AM
    Sprint 8330 blows away the 8900

Both on Data (Sprint's Curve is 3G and T-MO is Edge) and Features available...

Why T-MO didnt make the 8900 a 3G BB is beyond me.

Be patient and wait for Sprint to release that 9030, that thing is going to be sweet sweet sweet!
    02-25-09 10:10 AM
    Yeah I would have to say Sprint speeds on all fronts are faster. Not to bust on Tmobile, just can't beat Sprint in a competition. Plus Sprints plans win hands down.

02-25-09 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD