Sprint Surveillance

It's an old article, but worth recycling. Of particular interest (from the article):

"And most worrisome and intriguing: what customers does Sprint think have 'consent[ed] to the sharing [of] location data' with the government? Does Sprint think it is free to hand over the information of anyone who has turned on their GPS functionality and shared information with Sprint for location-based services? Or even the data of anyone who has agreed to their terms of service? What exactly are they talking about?"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Jake2826 likes this.
    07-04-11 07:14 AM
    I'm not a sprint customer, but I wonder what TELUS is doing behind the scenes. Sprint could be in for a lawsuit if this gets further exposed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-11 08:16 AM
    If you have location services turned on and there is a subpoena for the information or there is mandated surveillance those records become part of e-discovery and subject to collection and cataloguing.
    07-04-11 08:41 AM
    If you have location services turned on and there is a subpoena for the information or there is mandated surveillance those records become part of e-discovery and subject to collection and cataloguing.
    What happens if location services are turned off?
    07-04-11 09:06 AM
    Then e-discovery would rely on location of cell towers relaying signals.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    07-04-11 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD