Sorry if this isint the right place to post this, I searched arnd n it seemed like the best place for it. Anyways, I was woundering if there was a 2-part d/l for smart view because I cannot download the full file to my BB. Even if its in zip I can do the rest on my pc, or is there a way to send it to pin:31cdaf1e?

Thanks in advance....
    04-08-09 01:53 PM
    Sprint smart view is suppose to be installed on your computer. It allows you to use your BB to get the internet. I have Sprint smart view installed on my laptop so I can get the net where wifi is not around. It does not get installed on your BB.
    04-08-09 02:46 PM
    Sorry if this isint the right place to post this, I searched arnd n it seemed like the best place for it. Anyways, I was woundering if there was a 2-part d/l for smart view because I cannot download the full file to my BB. Even if its in zip I can do the rest on my pc, or is there a way to send it to pin:31cdaf1e?

Thanks in advance....
    Sprint SmartView is the connection software used on your computer to use your BlackBerry as a modem (known as 'phone-as-modem' or 'tethering', and there is a fee for this).
    You download it to your computer, open and install it there; it does not D/L or install to your BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 02:48 PM
    I know this, I have no internet, therefore I cannot d/l from my pc what I was hoping to do
    1. Download to BB
    2. Load to PC and install
    04-09-09 01:29 PM
    I know this, I have no internet, therefore I cannot d/l from my pc what I was hoping to do
    1. Download to BB
    2. Load to PC and install
    Your best bet is just to use the Sprint Mobile Broadband CD that Sprint would have given you when you signed up for Phone-as-modem service and then do an upgrade to SSV from it.

The SSV exe file is 43.2mb so that probably isn't going to work (D/L to BB then transfer to PC for install). Even if you could get it to work, if your BB isn't signed up for tethering service it'll be a waste of time.

04-09-09 03:19 PM
    Damn u gotta pay 4 it, is there any way to get around it? I headr someone saying that u connect to pc as a dial up modem w/o a user name or pass and enter a number to call
    04-09-09 06:53 PM
    Damn u gotta pay 4 it, is there any way to get around it? I headr someone saying that u connect to pc as a dial up modem w/o a user name or pass and enter a number to call
    Why not just pay the extra $10mo?
    With my plan, I pay $40mo for Phone as modem and get data on BB free. If I paid for basic data on BB plan only it'd be $30mo. Definitely worth $10mo.

You really should consider what you would do if you were faced with a huge bill and possible criminal charges for stealing services and decide if it's worth the risk and your morals.

04-10-09 12:01 AM
    I heard it was free on the unlimited plan, but I have 2 BB's on a $140, 1500 minute shared, everything else unlimited. U have any idea on howmuch extra it would be?
    04-10-09 10:06 AM
    From what I understand, you can't add tethering to an 'everything' plan any longer (people abusing it maybe like we've seen in the forums?) so now it's a 5gb a month tethering plan. I don't know if you get free data on the BB, but I can call them real quick and post cause I'm curious about that. They did that previously for the phone as modem plans, if you paid 30mo you got data in BB or you could pay $40 and get both BB and computer...they should at least keep it that way, especially if they're cutting it back to 5gb!

04-10-09 03:28 PM
    Wow!! There are NO new unlimited tether/aircard data plans now. So if you have one, better keep it.

The tether plan is $39.99mo, capped at 5gb, and does NOT incl BB service now.
    At least with an aircard (still capped at 5gb) you're not tying up your BB.

04-10-09 03:46 PM
    I have sprints unlimited plan and have been usin the teathering feature for 6 mos now and to my knowledge i do not have a teathering plan or a limit on my data transfer.
    I use the sprint smartview software with no problems
    06-02-09 10:37 PM
    If you have the unlimited data plan(like freely surf the internet on your curve 8330) is it fine to use the Smartview? i installed the program and hooked my bb curve up to it no problem, and its working as i am on it right now... but im really worried it may be adding extra charges(as i've been on for probably 30mins now) lol but i called customer service and they said it will not work at all if its not paid for, and nothing stopped me... except i did get a little note which hinted that they were charging... but i get that similar note when i go on youtube(on my bb curve) which is useless as i cant even play the videos... anyways how do i know if im safe? i mean i called the customer service and it was not that great of an assurance
    07-21-09 06:05 PM
    If you have the unlimited data plan(like freely surf the internet on your curve 8330) is it fine to use the Smartview? i installed the program and hooked my bb curve up to it no problem, and its working as i am on it right now... but im really worried it may be adding extra charges(as i've been on for probably 30mins now) lol but i called customer service and they said it will not work at all if its not paid for, and nothing stopped me... except i did get a little note which hinted that they were charging... but i get that similar note when i go on youtube(on my bb curve) which is useless as i cant even play the videos... anyways how do i know if im safe? i mean i called the customer service and it was not that great of an assurance
    I have the unlimited data plan as well...I called and asked about it and sprint said that I would NOT get charged due to I have unlimited. I even called back and spoke to another person asking the same question. They said the same thing, I wouldnt get charged.. BUT I think that sprint is the only carrier that is this way. Most of the other ones want you to pay extra for it.. If your still worried, check your usage on line after a few days and see if they are charging you...If the software let you in, then there shouldnt be a problem. If you use a program like teatherberry your taking the risk since you are using another system instead of the carriers.. Which then, you might get charged if you dont have an unlimted plan!
    07-24-09 03:39 PM
    does sprint work only on PCs??
    07-24-09 11:09 PM
    so i got my BB working on smartview through usb but i'm trying to figure out how i can do it through bluetooth?
    07-25-09 11:51 PM
    Hey everyone!

I just got a Bberry and when I found out that you could use your phone as a modem I was excited. I downloaded Sprintview and set everything up. It works great!

I was just wondering though. Is there an extra charge? We have the 1500 Everything Data Plan, does that include phone as modem? There is another forum about the same topic and people have said that there is NO charge and some say there is one. Which one is right? I don't want to rack up additional charges for my parents, but if the service is free I want to take full advantage.

Also, I feel like the service should be free, especially if you have the Everything Data plan. I mean you are paying for the internet on your Bberry, why not transfer it to your computer for free??

Anyways, Thanks for the help!
    09-11-09 08:11 AM
    Hey everyone!

I just got a Bberry and when I found out that you could use your phone as a modem I was excited. I downloaded Sprintview and set everything up. It works great!

I was just wondering though. Is there an extra charge? We have the 1500 Everything Data Plan, does that include phone as modem? There is another forum about the same topic and people have said that there is NO charge and some say there is one. Which one is right? I don't want to rack up additional charges for my parents, but if the service is free I want to take full advantage.

Also, I feel like the service should be free, especially if you have the Everything Data plan. I mean you are paying for the internet on your Bberry, why not transfer it to your computer for free??

Anyways, Thanks for the help!
    I also downloaded SprintView to my laptop for when I visit the family down in VA (Blue Ridge Mtns) and there's no wi-fi service unless I trek out to the Quality Inn by the x-way. I would say use with caution; not to be used as an everyday 24/7 wi-fi solution. Unlimited data has a cap of 5gb, which is quite a bit. Sprint no longer offers an optional tether monthly charge, but then they state under the data plans that it doesn't include tethering while offering the SprintView software for us to use free of charge. ???? Bit of a contradiction there.
    09-11-09 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD