So after going through a multitude of websites looking for the release dates of The Bold or Storm for CDMA carriers (Sprint, T-Mobile etc). After a while of searching I came across this press release from Blackberry . That Basically states that RIM is currently testing A CDMA version of the phone with SK Telecom to be released at months end, in Korea . Which means its only a matter of time before CDMA carriers (like sprint) get it. Right? . What do you think?
    12-28-08 09:55 PM
    Just a few post down:
    looks like some interesting ideas from RIM in '09!
    12-29-08 12:01 AM
    Sure! You can expect it in Q1 2011.
    12-29-08 12:04 AM
    Sure! You can expect it in Q1 2011.

Pierpoint, you're just being unfriendly!

I too am on Sprint and have been trying to find some answers to when the Bold gets to Sprint. The earlier post about upcoming releases from RIM is encouraging for Sprint users: H1/2009. (1st half '09)

That doesn't mean that Sprint will be ready to release it by July, just that RIM plans to have it ready to give to Sprint before July. Then of course Sprint tests it for some more months, upgrades their network to support the massive influx to 3G, etc. We can hope Sprint will be efficient about it, but given their past its likely to be longer than I want to wait.

Maybe if Sprint spent fewer MILLION$ on NFL commercials showing their blabbing CEO giving away free training for grandmothers, or if they weren't buying exclusivity for the NFL Mobile Live application that doesn't even work (truly, the thing doesn't work)... and instead spent that money on R&D to encourage RIM to release something new for Sprint (either BEFORE or at the same time as AT&T or Verizon) then perhaps Sprint wouldn't be in such a financial crisis. People buy new cool phones. See the Crapple phone. See anything new from RIM. See what its done for AT&T and Verizon? Do you see this Mr Blabbing Sprint CEO? How's the Extinct/Instinct working for Sprint? Who has ever gotten excited about a crappy knock-off of a Crapple or a new Palm? If Sprint were to get Javelin first it would boost their sales more than Christmas. *sigh* Sorry for the rant, fellas.

I hope Sprint takes notice and gets something new very soon, or they won't be a top-tier US provider for much longer.
    12-29-08 01:27 PM
    I agree. It is part phones, part service, part pricing that determines how well a company is doing in this market. Sprint does have a bit better pricing but their phones and especially their customer service is among the worst. They are already losing customers left and right to both ATT and Verizon who are gaining customers every quarter. Advertising isn't bad per se but when you really don't have anything new to advertise, it becomes pointless.
    12-29-08 04:33 PM
    Well I've Been With Nextel/sprint For 15 Years And Im About Ready To Jump Ship. Last I Read Was Since The Merged With Clearwire They Were Suppose To Have A 5g Blackberry....lol, They Wish.
    12-29-08 06:38 PM
    Sprint and Clearwire's WiMax plans seem to be moving ahead. Sprint announced today that on December 21 it will begin selling a dual-mode WiMax/CDMA router ($149.99 after a $50 rebate) with a two-year contract. The modem is the first of its kind and will work on the Sprint-Clearwire 4G wireless broadband system that is being rolled out across the United States by Sprint, Clearwire, Intel and other tech partners.

Baltimore was the first market to get 4G access

THIS IS ONE OF WHAT I FOUND.
    12-29-08 06:45 PM
    Pierpoint, you're just being unfriendly!

I too am on Sprint and have been trying to find some answers to when the Bold gets to Sprint. The earlier post about upcoming releases from RIM is encouraging for Sprint users: H1/2009. (1st half '09)

That doesn't mean that Sprint will be ready to release it by July, just that RIM plans to have it ready to give to Sprint before July. Then of course Sprint tests it for some more months, upgrades their network to support the massive influx to 3G, etc. We can hope Sprint will be efficient about it, but given their past its likely to be longer than I want to wait.

Maybe if Sprint spent fewer MILLION$ on NFL commercials showing their blabbing CEO giving away free training for grandmothers, or if they weren't buying exclusivity for the NFL Mobile Live application that doesn't even work (truly, the thing doesn't work)... and instead spent that money on R&D to encourage RIM to release something new for Sprint (either BEFORE or at the same time as AT&T or Verizon) then perhaps Sprint wouldn't be in such a financial crisis. People buy new cool phones. See the Crapple phone. See anything new from RIM. See what its done for AT&T and Verizon? Do you see this Mr Blabbing Sprint CEO? How's the Extinct/Instinct working for Sprint? Who has ever gotten excited about a crappy knock-off of a Crapple or a new Palm? If Sprint were to get Javelin first it would boost their sales more than Christmas. *sigh* Sorry for the rant, fellas.

I hope Sprint takes notice and gets something new very soon, or they won't be a top-tier US provider for much longer.
    I COMPLETELY AGREE
    12-30-08 12:32 AM
    lol if i was on sprint i would take advantage of that no ETF thing you can do right now. they are a sinking ship.

when i worked for nextel, they gave us free nextel phones, lol i never used it the service was so bad. i used my verizon instead! lol
    12-30-08 12:41 AM
    One can only wish! I would be exstatic if sprint were to get the bold! Next year maybe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 12:41 AM
    So after going through a multitude of websites looking for the release dates of The Bold or Storm for CDMA carriers (Sprint, T-Mobile etc). After a while of searching I came across this press release from Blackberry . That Basically states that RIM is currently testing A CDMA version of the phone with SK Telecom to be released at months end, in Korea . Which means its only a matter of time before CDMA carriers (like sprint) get it. Right? . What do you think?
    I just wanted to point out that tmobile is a gsm carrier. We use sim cards. Not tryin to be a smartass just wanted to bring it to your attention

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 01:03 AM
    Everything about Sprint in this thread is dead on. I'm SO about ready to port my number out to ATT and get a Bold.
    12-30-08 07:10 AM
    Everything about Sprint in this thread is dead on. I'm SO about ready to port my number out to ATT and get a Bold.
    Ditto. I am SO almost there. A friend of mine has been on Sprint/Curve; just took advantage of the "NO ETF gimmick" (their raising the monthly fee thing) and got out of the contract with a 5 minute phone call. Said it was a snap. He's on AT&T/Bold now and loves it -- he won't stop talking about how great it is.

The only reasons I'm still with Sprint myself are, a) family and friends are all Sprint and phone-to-phone helps keep expenses low, b) Sprint's Simply Everthing plan is cheapest around, c) Sprint TV is not bad and I don't think AT&T has anything similar. (The last one may sound lame, but it helps keep my kid quiet in the car.)

If Sprint was just slightly faster getting new Blackberry I'd stick around. If I knew the Bold or Javelin were coming in Jan 09 I'd wait. I'm at the cusp of dumping Sprint today.
    12-30-08 08:48 AM
    Looking at other plans.....although Sprint does not have bold etc.. we do have the best bang for out bucks around.....I will be wait for Bold or whatever Sprints comes out with down the road...I am Happy with my sCurve.
    12-30-08 09:31 AM
    Sprint has been good to me too for 8 years, but I hate the Curve and the 8830 is not being supported for upgrades (they dont even carry it in the stores any more). I don't like the Diamond or Touch Pro and can't see that I'll like the Treo Pro any better. And finally, I really don't think they will get a new BB until Q3 next year - I can't wait that long. I have a Storm now - have not ported my number yet - but it is getting harder by the day not to switch! Yes, the VZW plan is going to cost me more......
    12-30-08 10:52 AM
    It almost looks like sprint is phasing Blackberrys out all together...
    12-30-08 12:25 PM
    IMO, they have always been pro-Palm and now more aligned with WM, but I am sure there are a lot of happy campers with Sprint Pearls and Curves. For a company that touts they are the "#1 network for business", they sure don't seem to support one of the primary business devices very well.
    12-30-08 03:07 PM
    IMO, they have always been pro-Palm and now more aligned with WM, but I am sure there are a lot of happy campers with Sprint Pearls and Curves. For a company that touts they are the "#1 network for business", they sure don't seem to support one of the primary business devices very well.
    Their commercials also say they have the largest and most reliable 3G network.... Yea...OK. I loved Nextel, but when Sprint got involved I couldn't handle them anymore. I tried the 8330 with Sprint and it was a no go (Phone was great, network sucked and Sprint has a tower really close to my house). Went to AT&T for the iPhone 3G and the Bold, and couldn't be happier.
    12-30-08 04:56 PM
    Their commercials also say they have the largest and most reliable 3G network.... Yea...OK. I loved Nextel, but when Sprint got involved I couldn't handle them anymore. I tried the 8330 with Sprint and it was a no go (Phone was great, network sucked and Sprint has a tower really close to my house). Went to AT&T for the iPhone 3G and the Bold, and couldn't be happier.
    maybe u got a bad phone.. but its true they have a awsome network... ive seen other services and im the only one who has bars inside a hotel in downtown
    12-30-08 06:11 PM
    maybe u got a bad phone.. but its true they have a awsome network... ive seen other services and im the only one who has bars inside a hotel in downtown
    Not bad phones. My Curve worked perfectly, when I was roaming on Verizon. Same with all the ohers besides my Nextel. Sprint is one of the lowest rated carriers. The prices are awesome, but Sprint is not that good. I'm pretty sure Sprint is the network with the most dropped calls.
    12-30-08 08:02 PM
    Sprint needs to step up their phone game. The network is great, been a customer for eight years now and the only thing that would bring me to change is equipment. Never had problems with the network but the phone game is lame. When I first came to sprint in 2000 they had the most advanced phones, while other carriers were using nokia and Motorola, sprint introduced America to Samsung, LG and Sanyo phones. Then they developed the first 3g network, and had the first camera and color phones!! Now we get crap phones, while At&T and Verizon have the Bold and the Storm what does sprint get.....a out of date curve with direct connect...WTF. Really sprint you wonder why you are loosing the phone game and it is because of your lame phone lineup.
    12-30-08 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD