It's just sad, really. Why is everyone so dead set on spreading false info? They obviously don't know, so why not just say that?
    The phones are selling horribly and not being stocked in the stores because if this. The front line sales people don't get any money if someone goes online to buy the phone. Many will say anything to get you to buy something they have and will get commission off of then. It sucks for BlackBerry, and those of us that like the product, but it is an unfortunate byproduct of the current US mobile phone sales model. They all have these ridiculous iPhone deals too where they are committed to buy a certain number of phones whether people buy them or not. I would line to know what Samsung is doing to get the carriers to push their devices so hard. I know they are pushing S4 hard because the 5 is coming but it seems like Samsung gets a lot if support from the carrier store sales staff.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 08:30 AM
    The phones are selling horribly and not being stocked in the stores because if this. The front line sales people don't get any money if someone goes online to buy the phone. Many will say anything to get you to buy something they have and will get commission off of then. It sucks for BlackBerry, and those of us that like the product, but it is an unfortunate byproduct of the current US mobile phone sales model. They all have these ridiculous iPhone deals too where they are committed to buy a certain number of phones whether people buy them or not. I would line to know what Samsung is doing to get the carriers to push their devices so hard. I know they are pushing S4 hard because the 5 is coming but it seems like Samsung gets a lot if support from the carrier store sales staff.

Posted via CB10
    Sad indeed. Makes sense though
    03-09-14 11:55 AM
    Never understood why sales reps don't need to know anything about the phone market.

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    03-09-14 03:17 PM
    Never understood why sales reps don't need to know anything about the phone market.
    These high school teens (at least where I'm located) can barely get through their SATs much less have a comprehensive knowledge of the smartphone industry.
    03-09-14 03:21 PM
    They sold their servers? Haha. What is wrong with reps... Do they know anything??
    Next thing the sales reps will be saying is about BlackBerry is that in addition to being out of business and selling their servers, they also sold their buildings.
    03-09-14 03:29 PM
    It's true folks, my BlackBerry now receives e-mail via carrier pigeon.
    03-09-14 03:33 PM
    These high school teens (at least where I'm located) can barely get through their SATs much less have a comprehensive knowledge of the smartphone industry.
    That's sad. The business models works because the people coming into the stores have even less of a clue. Hope they find the home button...

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    bungaboy and p_r_a_g_m_a like this.
    03-09-14 04:29 PM
    My friend wanted a new phone with a keyboard so we went to Sprint and the salesman stated: we pulled the plug on BlackBerry a month ago. They are dead and they already sold their servers and support will end soon for all BlackBerry phones. That was horrible and my friend was devastated and I was so upset we left the store. I could not belive what I just heard fron this *****. The general consensus belives that this company is already dead or heading that direction and I don't see any evidence of the contrary. Relay hoping that Mr Chen can do something about it. I am so tired of the anti BlackBerry sentiment all over the media

Posted via CB10
    Friends don't let friends listen to clueless salespeople. I smell troll.
    extisis and wincyUt like this.
    03-09-14 05:47 PM
    My friend wanted a new phone with a keyboard so we went to Sprint and the salesman stated: we pulled the plug on BlackBerry a month ago. They are dead and they already sold their servers and support will end soon for all BlackBerry phones. That was horrible and my friend was devastated and I was so upset we left the store. I could not belive what I just heard fron this *****. The general consensus belives that this company is already dead or heading that direction and I don't see any evidence of the contrary. Relay hoping that Mr Chen can do something about it. I am so tired of the anti BlackBerry sentiment all over the media

Posted via CB10
    OP your story does not make any sense at all. Do you own a BB10 phone? If the answer is yes, what did you say to the salesperson as your response to his/her diatribes? SMH
    03-09-14 06:33 PM
    ATTENTION MODERATOR! Kindly modify the title of this thread; it's very misleading. OP is simply speculating about Sprint.
    03-09-14 06:38 PM
    Change the Device name to QNX.

Posted via CB10
    Just the OS.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 06:43 PM
    these threads with these misleading titles keep popping up and the posters know that by right they should have a disclaimer but as usual wanting to get hits excites them...its like a drug...and they are addicts...but then again its CRACKBerry so.....
    deercreekmichael likes this.
    03-09-14 07:11 PM
    I had a Verizon Salesperson tell me that the Z30 is "end of life". I didn't have time to explain anything to the airhead girl and was so pissed off that I just walked away. I have complained to @VZWSupport, online surveys, Sales Chat and on the phone with support. They shouldn't have liars spreading that crap.
    03-09-14 07:15 PM
    BlackBerry should buy the Sprint instead, so that they can sell BlackBerry devices in the US. And hire all Crackberrians instead of those stupid sales rep...

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 08:08 PM
    Next thing the sales reps will be saying is about BlackBerry is that in addition to being out of business and selling their servers, they also sold their buildings.
    Actually, they did - in Texas. The US headquarters buildings. http://www.berryreview.com/2014/03/0...colinas-texas/

Posted via CB10
    MADBRADNYC and bbq10l like this.
    03-09-14 08:25 PM
    This ^^^^^^^
    03-09-14 08:37 PM
    Yes they did! I also believe Chen is currently continuing this everywhere, even for most of the buildings in Waterloo!
    BlackBerry to divest Canadian real estate holdings - The Globe and Mail
    03-09-14 08:45 PM
    Well, Sprint will probably get bought up and spit out well before BlackBerry. They're barely hanging on in most markets.

Posted via CB10
    Sprint was bought in July by SoftBank. A Japanese company. Well, 80% of it was bought anyway. They will probably eventually buy T-Mobile. Sprint claims 54 million subscribers. They aren't going anywhere soon.
    03-09-14 08:52 PM
    OP has 5 posts since March 2013, right around the time BlackBerry 10 was released. Take it for what it is.

I understand a lot of people register and just lurk looking for info and aren't really into posting. I'm hoping this is one of those cases.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 09:23 PM
    Sprint was bought in July by SoftBank. A Japanese company. Well, 80% of it was bought anyway. They will probably eventually buy T-Mobile. Sprint claims 54 million subscribers. They aren't going anywhere soon.
    As explained earlier, Sprints business model is dead. They were bought because they were losing money hand over fist. Sort of funny that a Vulture capital company from Japan was the only interested party. Sort of makes you laugh.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 09:44 PM
    I had a Verizon Salesperson tell me that the Z30 is "end of life". I didn't have time to explain anything to the airhead girl and was so pissed off that I just walked away. I have complained to @VZWSupport, online surveys, Sales Chat and on the phone with support. They shouldn't have liars spreading that crap.
    Maybe she was told it was EOL.
    03-10-14 12:43 AM
    Well, Sprint will probably get bought up and spit out well before BlackBerry. They're barely hanging on in most markets.

They were already bought out by Softbank, a Japanese company.

BlackBerry does not sell at all in Japan, I don't know if this has anything to do with their attitude about Blackberry or not.
    web99 likes this.
    03-10-14 02:27 AM
    Another salesman story. Unless you see it in writing, it hasn't happened.
    That's an unfair and kind of outrageous comment, really.

Do you really think that every single account of a mobile sales rep badmouthing BlackBerry is a fake story being posted by a troll?

Even if these reps are not technically correct that their carrier is dropping the product - these are the resale front line staff - if they are passing these stories around, fake or not, it's going to have a severe negative impact on already very low sales for the company.

Not only are these sort of accounts quite plausible based on all sorts of my own personal experience, not to mention dozens if not hundreds of accounts posted here, salespeople have been badmouthing BlackBerry in retail stores for years. Why would someone think that this would NOT get worse at a time when BlackBerry's retail and marketing visibility has dropped to near zero in these markets, and all sorts of rumors are flying everywhere about the demise of the company?

Below is someone with another account - is he a liar too?

I can/will kind of confirm this. I manage the phones for our company and we use sprint. I asked the regional business rep a week ago about the q10 and he told me that sprint was fazing out blackberry and when their stock of q10's were sold out, they would be done with blackberry.
    app_Developer and web99 like this.
    03-10-14 02:37 AM
    Does anyone else ever wonder why there is never an actual rep/salesperson from a carrier that comes to any of these forums to either defend reps in general or say anything that would remotely be of interest to the members?

My theory is because reps and salespeople at carriers are not into phones. They have a sales job and are not expecting anyone to question whatever they say. It's like expecting a car salesman to actually know about the car. If you do 1 hour of internet info about a car or a phone, you will most likely know more than the salesperson.

One of the oldest sales techniques when the business does not have or support the product a customer wants is telling the customer that they are not carrying or supporting the product because "it's not a good product" or "because they are going out of business". They want you to think they just did you a favor by steering you towards a product they want you to buy. And (according to the OP) it works very well..........
    03-10-14 10:07 AM
    Ok look, yet another thread about:
    • salesperson ignorance
    • a customer running away instead of asking for the manager
    • people cutting down the integrity of the profession
    • a person believing a sales rep can speak to the entire corporation's strategy
    • retailers not supporting BlackBerry anymore
    • blah, blah, blah

We haven't seen one of these accounts since last week.
    Last edited by birdman_38; 03-10-14 at 10:40 AM.
    03-10-14 10:14 AM
101 1234 ...