My friend wanted a new phone with a keyboard so we went to Sprint and the salesman stated: we pulled the plug on BlackBerry a month ago. They are dead and they already sold their servers and support will end soon for all BlackBerry phones. That was horrible and my friend was devastated and I was so upset we left the store. I could not belive what I just heard fron this *****. The general consensus belives that this company is already dead or heading that direction and I don't see any evidence of the contrary. Relay hoping that Mr Chen can do something about it. I am so tired of the anti BlackBerry sentiment all over the media

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 02:01 PM
    Amen. Why can't they just advertise already. One million dollar commercial isn't enough Damnit! You could have a lot of commercials now with that.

Posted via CB10
    monterrelleno1 likes this.
    03-08-14 02:10 PM
    Change the Device name to QNX.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 02:16 PM
    They sold their servers? Haha. What is wrong with reps... Do they know anything??
    03-08-14 02:17 PM
    Makes you wonder how they got chosen to REPresent their company! Lol

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 02:33 PM
    They sold their servers? Haha. What is wrong with reps... Do they know anything??
    Apparently some wireless carrier sales staff know nothing about BlackBerry. They should be terminated.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    monterrelleno1 and bb624 like this.
    03-08-14 02:41 PM
    Q10 is still on sale on their website (along Bold 9930)

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    03-08-14 02:50 PM
    You should have told the ***** that Sprint was broke and their servers were about to be liquidated. With all the subscribers Sprint has lost, that guy should be glad he has a job.
    03-08-14 02:56 PM
    The problem is BlackBerry lost my friend's business. She needed a phone today and really got scared by the salesman in buying a BlackBerry product. I asked the salesman if you still can buy the phone over the Internet and responded with: why bother to buy one due that BlackBerry is dead. My friend bought a S4 instead (not from that store). It is getting harder and harder to buy a BlackBerry phone and I am concern. I don't know really if I will see BlackBerry produts in the US in the future

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 03:30 PM
    Apparently some wireless carrier sales staff know nothing about BlackBerry. They should be terminated.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    It's just sad, really. Why is everyone so dead set on spreading false info? They obviously don't know, so why not just say that?
    03-08-14 05:47 PM
    Well, Sprint will probably get bought up and spit out well before BlackBerry. They're barely hanging on in most markets.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 06:48 PM
    I can/will kind of confirm this. I manage the phones for our company and we use sprint. I asked the regional business rep a week ago about the q10 and he told me that sprint was fazing out blackberry and when their stock of q10's were sold out, they would be done with blackberry.

Take it for what it's worth, but obviously sprint was not behind bb, only offering the q10 to begin with. I would tend to believe sprint is done with bb, at least for now.
    03-08-14 10:18 PM
    Pathetic, American reps are messed.

Hate solves nothing, Respect gains everything!
    03-08-14 10:22 PM
    Thank you for taking the time to write.
    A Sprint representative will be contacting you.
    From all of us at Sprint, thank you.
    Dan Hesse
    CEO
    Sprint

Q10 with Telus on 10.2.1.2141
    03-08-14 10:39 PM
    Yeah my local Verizon store rep told someone "Google bought BlackBerry". Seriously. They just make up whatever works.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    EchuOkan1, bungaboy and dtan0914 like this.
    03-08-14 11:34 PM
    Thank you for taking the time to write.
    A Sprint representative will be contacting you.
    From all of us at Sprint, thank you.
    Dan Hesse
    CEO
    Sprint

Q10 with Telus on 10.2.1.2141
    Really? Lol

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 11:41 PM
    I bought the servers. They're posted on kijiji right now.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 12:35 AM
    BlackBerry should buy the Sprint instead, so that they can sell BlackBerry devices in the US. And hire all Crackberrians instead of those stupid sales rep...

Posted via CB10
    bb624 likes this.
    03-09-14 12:41 AM
    ROFL

Yeah, they are the brains of the organization. =0)
    03-09-14 01:02 AM
    Yeah my local Verizon store rep told someone "Google bought BlackBerry". Seriously. They just make up whatever works.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    ROFL

Yeah, they will use BB10 instead of Android for government use. =0)
    03-09-14 01:04 AM
    Another salesman story. Unless you see it in writing, it hasn't happened.
    03-09-14 01:05 AM
    I don't know about salesman qualifications in the states, but in Germany it's known to everyone that the store guys qualification and brain mass is below zero!

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    03-09-14 01:27 AM
    I don't know about salesman qualifications in the states, but in Germany it's known to everyone that the store guys qualification and brain mass is below zero!

Posted via CB10
    Yes... kind of amazing how so many folks base their entire position on what "salesman" said while burying their heads in the sand to the facts.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    FairlightRacing and wincyUt like this.
    03-09-14 01:59 AM
    Thanks for the post and I understand your concern but perhaps some perspective is required.

Both Sprint and T-Mobile have a different business model than the big boys and that needs to be considered. First, they are both heavily focus on consumers that live in urban environments and given the general state of the middle class that means they are budget focused.

So both Sprint and T-Mobile built nation based networks that don't extend beyond urban environments on a shoe string budget. To compete with the big boys and attract customers, they then began to offer cheap cell/data plans on the premise that people generally buy more data than they need. Sprint and T-Mobile then bank the rest as profit.

So then, why can't Sprint and T-Mobile make a plug nickel and both are being sold off by their parent company. It's simple, their business strategy hung on the centrality of the cell/data connection. Neither company understood the impact of Wi Fi, and it's ability to compete head to head with cell communications. The consequence is that consumers are adjusting by buying smaller data plans. Combine this with the smaller customer base and viola you get a company that has a hard time making a profit and maintaining it's limited infrastructure.

So the reason T-Mobile and Sprint haves an issue with BlackBerry wifi has nothing to do with network compatibility or any other nonsense. It has everything to do with the fact that wifi is killing their business model. They want phones that are cell based not pushing new wifi technology.

In the end, it is a losing battle for both companies but I suspect they are just trying to get bought out. The problem is that potential buyers recognize a dying business model. New startups are building wifi networks which are way cheaper. They better meet the needs of consumers who require periodic but not continuous connectivity. Wifi can also be placed in more rural environments in a cost effective manner.

Being at the forefront of wifi integration, BlackBerry is going to annoy Sprint and T-Mobile. BlackBerry will take some lumps now as carriers play a big role in the devices they sell. But this too is changing as 3rd party sales are increasing at quite a clip. More and more, carriers are being reduced to providing cell connectivity. In this scenario, the big boys will rule as they have the best coverage. The big boys are also more likely to provide additional wireless service that provides tangible value.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 04:24 AM
    A friend of mine is a rep for t-mobile and he is exactly the same kind of ******. When hour last told me that he talked a client out of buying a BlackBerry, I thought I would slap him.

I am not surprised, most carrier store reps are not exactly geniuses.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 05:13 AM
101 123 ...