If you have sprint and have a plan which includes Sprint navigation I recommend you uninstall the sprint version and download the unbranded/standard telenav version from Blackberry App world. It's a more updated version and I noticed it's snappier and boasts additional features over the sprint version. It will recognize your subscription so you don't have do anything differently or pay extra.
    09-05-09 06:13 PM
    It does not recognize Sprint subscribtion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 06:58 PM
    It does not recognize Sprint subscribtion

It recognized my login info and all my favorite and recent destinations

09-05-09 07:03 PM
    It ask me for PIN, and sprint pin won't work

09-05-09 07:14 PM
    It ask me for PIN, and sprint pin won't work

Ur pin is usually last 4 of phone number. It's not askin for ur sprint account pin

Last edited by saqer; 09-05-09 at 07:23 PM.
    09-05-09 07:20 PM
    You right, worked fine, thanks

09-05-09 07:23 PM
    Well I am lost. I tried to find the Unbranded/Standard version of Telenav and all I can find is the $9.99 per month one. I tried to go to the BB App Store on my phone, the Applicaiton Store on my phone, Blackberry site with the link to the Telenav site, but still only getting the 30 day FREE Trial version.

Where do I go?
    09-05-09 08:46 PM
    Here's a link for CDMA devices, Just choose the 8830 if you are using an 8330. You have to follow the steps but it worked fine for me.

OTA: TeleNav
    09-05-09 09:24 PM
    Just search for "navigation" in your app world.
    It comes up number one

09-05-09 09:31 PM
    Ok.not having much luck. I followed Peg's OTA link and found th 8330 version and downloaded it just fine. Ran the program, adjusted the permissions all to allow like it said. Got to the point where you enter your First Name, Last Name, and Email address then hit enter (trackball click). Asks me which network and I confirm BIS. Then pops up with "Your account has expired. Please call 88TeleNav4". Tried this a few times with no luck.

Then did what Will said, but saw nothing about TeleNav. The first one on my Blackberry App store one called BlackStar Navigation.

Don't know what I am doing wrong or if there is something wrong with my Sprint Account. I have the Unlimited Data with the Sprint Navigation included, but for some reason I can't get this to work. I have the BB Curve 8330 w/4.5.0131 that originally came with the phone and have never had a TeleNav account in the past.
    Thanks the help Peg and Will, guess I wasn't supposed to get this app
    09-06-09 07:49 AM
    I have the same device and OS as you and mine works fine. All I can suggest is make sure you do a battery pull then try it. I'd also let it set a day or so and try to log in again. Maybe the system was having issues when you tried it.

You are welcome. I just wish it had worked for you.

Good Luck.
    09-06-09 08:25 AM
    All I can say is WOW! I was using the Blackberry Appworld and noticed my version was out of date. I clicked to update and then install and my phone bricked. I think, it is still loading, I fixed it but was shocked when I got the JVM 547 error from updating an app. Now to get everything back to the way it was.
    09-06-09 08:35 AM
    Well I am lost. I tried to find the Unbranded/Standard version of Telenav and all I can find is the $9.99 per month one. I tried to go to the BB App Store on my phone, the Applicaiton Store on my phone, Blackberry site with the link to the Telenav site, but still only getting the 30 day FREE Trial version.

Where do I go?
    Just noticed this. This is the version you want, telenav should still have a 30 day free trial, at least they used to. Just login with your info and the pin is your last 4 digits of your phone #. If it fails go back to my last post.
    09-06-09 08:40 AM
    Just noticed this. This is the version you want, telenav should still have a 30 day free trial, at least they used to. Just login with your info and the pin is your last 4 digits of your phone #. If it fails go back to my last post.
    Ok just got home from work and on the Web Page on my PC right now. I see the 30 day version and am grabbing that one right now. Will let you all know how it goes.

Thanks again for all the help...
    09-06-09 03:26 PM
    I have the same device and OS as you and mine works fine. All I can suggest is make sure you do a battery pull then try it. I'd also let it set a day or so and try to log in again. Maybe the system was having issues when you tried it.

You are welcome. I just wish it had worked for you.

Good Luck.
    Ok Peg, maybe I am misunderstanding the OP, but I thought there was a free version, or that was my assumption (and you know what they say about assume[ing])

I went to the sight and it wants my credit card information for the 30 day free trail. I personally don't like giving out my CC info before I use a program, as if I don't want it or the service, it is usually pretty hard to get stopped.

So just checking and making sure we are on the same page. Are you using the Paid version or a Free Version? If you are using the Free Version, how do I get a hold of that one?

Will wait for your reply before giving them my CC Info. Thanks
    09-06-09 03:49 PM
    You must have sprint navigation on your account for this to work. There's no "free" version. It'll just give you a free trial then start charging you. If you have sprint navigation on your sprint account it shouldn't be asking for your cc info. If it's doing that then I highly doubt you have Sprint Navigation on your account, or you haven't it created a login with it yet. To create a login you need the sprint navigation version and need to enter your first, last name, pin number (last four of number like peg said) and your email.
    Last edited by saqer; 09-06-09 at 03:58 PM.
    09-06-09 03:53 PM
    Ah Ok. Now I understand. Guess I am a little slow I do have the Sprint Navigation Option and will finish the process with TeleNav now.

Thanks for everyones help and being patient with me. Sounds like an excellent service as you add and edit trips on the web site then transfer those to your phone.
    And thanks for letting me know, Sager.
    09-06-09 04:06 PM
    Ah Ok. Now I understand. Guess I am a little slow I do have the Sprint Navigation Option and will finish the process with TeleNav now.
    I've been following along. I have sprint nav on my account (included in their everything data plans).
    When I did what saqer mentioned ( enter your first, last name, pin number (last four of number like peg said) and your email. ) I was up and running. It never asked fo rmy card number, and it doesn't say anything about a free trial.
    09-06-09 04:14 PM
    Hey freeop I was having the same problem as you, I pulled my batt and reopened the program and it went smooth I entered my info and my pin now the apps up and running, I did the OTA not the appstore, and I have a identical plan and phone OS, so try the batt pull, before you give any CC info

09-06-09 04:55 PM
    this obviously doesn't work with verizon, or does someone know the link for that'
    09-06-09 05:21 PM
    Hey freeop I was having the same problem as you, I pulled my batt and reopened the program and it went smooth I entered my info and my pin now the apps up and running, I did the OTA not the appstore, and I have a identical plan and phone OS, so try the batt pull, before you give any CC info

You and Peg are right. I had tried the Batt Pull earlier today with no luck but after reading your's and Monkey's Post, tried the Batt Pull again and worked just like you all had said. No CC Info required and I too am up and running just fine.

Thanks to eveyones help, I finally got it working and am now using TeleNav
    09-06-09 05:58 PM
    I just entered my last 4 digits as a pin and everything worked like a charm.
    I have sprint unlimited plan

Btw, BlackStar is very nice and free program for geocaching

09-06-09 06:00 PM
    I've been following along. I have sprint nav on my account (included in their everything data plans).
    When I did what saqer mentioned ( enter your first, last name, pin number (last four of number like peg said) and your email. ) I was up and running. It never asked fo rmy card number, and it doesn't say anything about a free trial.
    Yup, and in fact, if you log into the TeleNav website and view your account (it's there somewhere...I don't remember how I got to it! ), you'll see you have an active subscription to Sprint Navigation that is good for a one-year period. I'll be keeping an eye on it to make sure we don't get billed any other way, but I'm guessing this is just another alternative to SN that doesn't have Sprint's name or color scheme plastered on it.
    09-06-09 11:30 PM
    You can geocache with out it also, just turn on geo tagging in your camera options, just take a random pic wherever you want to tag go to your media select the pic and press menu there's a option to view on map, when chosen it shows you on your BBMaps where the pic was taken, but you may have already known this...

No prob freeop, knowledge is meant to be passed on

09-06-09 11:35 PM
    This isn't working. And I noticed that TeleNav is no longer part of my Sprint Plan. I recently switched from Nextel where TeleNav was offered but Sprint Navigation wasn't. I am thinking I don't have an active TeleNav account anymore.
    09-07-09 12:18 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD