I got this up and running no problem...great find!!!! The only thing i found wierd is that the OP said to uninstall SN which i tried to do through both options and through DM but i have no provision to uninstall.I have an 8330m with the Cell South .169 OS and DM 4.7.Pretty much all i did was hide the SN icon after i installed Telenav and all seems to be ok.
    09-07-09 07:57 AM
    what new features does it have that the sprint verison doesnt have?
    09-08-09 05:50 PM
    what new features does it have that the sprint verison doesnt have?
    Well I thought it was an identical port from the Sprint Version, but after going to the Web Site, there is a lot more options that you can perform from the site.

For instance, if you need to create a trip, you can do it on the Site and then transfer it to your phone. You can rename poi on the web site and it will all sync between the web site and your phone.

As for the actual app, I tired it out and I was getting better alerts on traffic problems from Telenav. But overall the two apps look almost the same. Still playing around with the Telenav but what the heck. It is working on my phone now and basically for no monthly service fee. Never did have to give my CC info.
    09-08-09 06:07 PM
    1. Commuting alerts which can be setup online or via the app
    2. Voice search with quick access using one of the side keys. The sprint version had you call in an address or search string
    3. Overall faster, snappier
    4. Nighttime map theme
    5. Buy additional voices instead of the default woman (Sara)
    6. Recalculate route option while trip tracking is in progress - changes routing style (i.e. from highways only to fastest, etc).
    09-08-09 08:46 PM
    I was able to install Telenav and get it working but for some reason following restarts(battery pulls) I have to re-enter my pin number for the app. For some reason I have to re-register the app every time. Has anyone else experienced this? BTW, I did not uninstall SN because I want to make sure everything works okay first. Otherwise, thanks for the tip op!
    09-08-09 09:05 PM
    For some reason I have to re-register the app every time. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Nope...it's automatically logged me in every time....not sure why you're having that issue.

One added benefit that I've personally noticed is that I get a GPS signal much more quickly with the TeleNav version than I ever did with SN. With SN, I'd have to wait sometimes 60-90 seconds or more before it went from an "X" in the upper left to bars showing a GPS signal. Now, it's only a couple of seconds after launch. For me, it's definitely a step up for that reason alone!

Thanks again for the fabulous tip!!
    09-08-09 09:30 PM
    I was able to install Telenav and get it working but for some reason following restarts(battery pulls) I have to re-enter my pin number for the app. For some reason I have to re-register the app every time. Has anyone else experienced this? BTW, I did not uninstall SN because I want to make sure everything works okay first. Otherwise, thanks for the tip op!
    Even if you uninstall SN it'll leave the SN icon which will take u to the download site. I think if you uninstall telenav and resintall it it might stop doing that. Otherwise login to Voice directions on your GPS phone: TeleNav and change your pin number and that ought to do the trick.
    09-08-09 09:56 PM
    Saqer, thanks for the advice. I uninstalled SN and it no longer asks for my pin. Version 5 does seem a lot faster. The added features are also nice. I like the commute alerts. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a trial after thirty days!
    09-08-09 11:07 PM
    i wish metro pcs offered this.
    09-08-09 11:09 PM
    i was alil worried bout tryin it but it truely does work
    09-08-09 11:20 PM
    not worried but downloading now
    09-08-09 11:33 PM
    everything worked. pin is the last 4 digits of your cell number and it has my favorites.

awesome find to the OP
    09-08-09 11:40 PM
    Saqer, thanks for the advice. I uninstalled SN and it no longer asks for my pin. Version 5 does seem a lot faster. The added features are also nice. I like the commute alerts. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a trial after thirty days!

I sure hope not too!
    09-08-09 11:47 PM
    FYI when I used my PIN to login it said invalid login but it gave me the option forgot pin and Telenav texted me my PIN which was not the last 4 of my phone. Pretty impressive.

THANKS GREAT TIP
    09-09-09 03:14 PM
    Just to throw this out there...

The Sprint 8330 version also works on the 8310. Been running it for a few weeks now.
    09-09-09 03:51 PM
    Thanks...I am downloading now...Had a few snafus but finally got it to going...Good looking out....s
    09-10-09 11:26 AM
    CrackBerry forums ROCK! I've only had my phone a month and a half, and I feel like I have an entirely new phone already with all the stuff I've learned about here.

My PIN wasn't the last 4 digits of my phone number either, but I've got TeleNav running now like a charm. Thank you!
    09-10-09 01:54 PM
    I tried this but it didn't work. I just got the blackberry tour today. However I called sprint and they just issued a credit for having to download the program and said there would be no charge cause I am on the everything data plan.
    10-16-09 06:24 PM
    I finally figured out how to add addresses and look up businesses on the web and synchronize them to my Navigator's "Favorites". If anyone is interested here is the link: my.telenav.com
    11-06-09 05:16 PM
    I deleted my Sprint Navigation (although the icon still remains) and installed the Telenav one and it works great. The last 4 digits of my cell # is my PIN. I also installed the NY Cabby for my Audio Navigation
    11-06-09 07:53 PM
    Holy crap is the telenav version faster. I had recently upgraded to the latest version of Sprint nav and it was SLOW and constantly dropping GPS signal. So i searched and found this thread, this one loads way faster and while i havent tried it yet, Im sure it'll be better...it couldnt be worse than how it was.
    11-11-09 11:30 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD