Sprint has settled their class action lawsuit about ETF that were not prorated. Turns out that anybody who has or had a contract with Sprint and paid an Early Termination Fee is entitled to $90. Anybody who has proof or swears that they tried to cancel and did not due to fear of an Early Termination Fee is entitled to $35.

Home page
    01-13-09 08:44 AM
    Im gonna go home and look for some documents, I payed $250 to get out of my contract!

I hope Sprint goes out of business, they are the worst company I have EVER had to deal with.
    01-13-09 09:02 AM
    Im gonna go home and look for some documents, I payed $250 to get out of my contract!

I hope Sprint goes out of business, they are the worst company I have EVER had to deal with.
    Hoping a business in this sluggish economy goes under is a little harsh! Cmon man just because you have hard feelings towards them for whatever the reason may be I feel their is NO need to wish something like that! Overall Sprint has come along ways and they have the best rate plans you can get!
    01-13-09 11:55 AM
    I second that-

I dislike Sprint/Nextel but I could careless if they suck or swim, but I'd prefer them not to sink.

This Country needs to keep the employment rate UP.
    01-13-09 11:58 AM
    heres where i dont get it.... you sign up for sprint you get a great deal and discount on a phone, for example blackberry pearl, selling for 99 bucks with a 2 year contract. but yet people complain when they get charged a termination fee when breaking there contract... first off IMO when you break a contract there should be consequences and a ETF should be allowed... using the pearl as an example your getting a 400$+ dollar phone for 1/4 of its retail price... ummm i think a ETF would be ok to try to get some of that money back from that huge discount you got from starting the contract. its not like your returning the phone, most likely your junking it, selling it, or giving it away.
    01-13-09 11:41 PM
    heres where i dont get it.... you sign up for sprint you get a great deal and discount on a phone, for example blackberry pearl, selling for 99 bucks with a 2 year contract. but yet people complain when they get charged a termination fee when breaking there contract... first off IMO when you break a contract there should be consequences and a ETF should be allowed... using the pearl as an example your getting a 400$+ dollar phone for 1/4 of its retail price... ummm i think a ETF would be ok to try to get some of that money back from that huge discount you got from starting the contract. its not like your returning the phone, most likely your junking it, selling it, or giving it away.
    DITTO what he said
    01-14-09 01:10 AM
    How about when a cell carrier cancels YOUR contract?

I don't remember which carrier it was (Sprint Maybe?) but they were canceling "needy" customers that would call too often.

Or How About Carriers Canceling Contracts because of Unlimited Plan "Abuse"?

Should they not be liable for an ETF?

'Tis only Fair in my opinion.
    01-14-09 01:15 AM
    prada, don't just assume a carrier is going to cancel a customers service because they're "needy."
    More than likely, they canceled the service due to the customer became a problem by calling in multiple times about the same problem (trying to leach, not getting what they want, then asking for a supervisor.) , or threating, or harassment. Its called a customer treatment disconnect. There is also in-store treatment where you can be disconnected. Both cases, an ETF will apply if under contract.

As for the data plans. Its all in the contract if you read it.....
    Last edited by knob2040; 01-14-09 at 03:22 AM.
    01-14-09 03:20 AM
    prada, don't just assume a carrier is going to cancel a customers service because they're "needy."
    More than likely, they canceled the service due to the customer became a problem by calling in multiple times about the same problem (trying to leach, not getting what they want, then asking for a supervisor.) , or threating, or harassment. Its called a customer treatment disconnect. There is also in-store treatment where you can be disconnected. Both cases, an ETF will apply if under contract.

As for the data plans. Its all in the contract if you read it.....
    I'm Not Assuming- So Don't Accuse Me of Doing So.

It's Been Documented, And Implemented.

Sprint breaks up with high-maintenance customers | News Blog - CNET News

Needy, High Maintenance- Whatever You Want to Call it, It Is What It Is.

End of Story.
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 01-16-09 at 10:01 AM.
    01-14-09 03:26 PM
    it says right in the article that they didnt pay a ETF or a remaining the remaining balance, i think thats quite nice to give to cry babies. but what i was refering to is when customers cancel there contracts and cry about there ETF's
    01-15-09 10:16 PM
    it says right in the article that they didnt pay a ETF or a remaining the remaining balance, i think thats quite nice to give to cry babies.
    Why Should they have to?

The Carrier Canceled Them.
    01-16-09 10:02 AM
    I don't care who you are, if there's a fund with money sitting in it of which you qualify legally for and you don't take it...

send it to me
    01-16-09 05:50 PM
    I think prada is either a former sprint
    Customer or just someone that likes to
    "Get involved." Anyways, maybe the customers shouldn't have called in all the time every month. See, I have the problem about 60% of the time where a customer is calling in about data charges. For example - "little Johnny (14 years old) would never download bikini cam. Or I never talk that much, or calling in because they got suspended for non payment and they continue to state they never receive they're bill when the address shows as being correct per the customer
    Its people that I have stated examples of that should never initialize service with a post pay company.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by knob2040; 01-17-09 at 03:48 AM.
    01-17-09 03:44 AM
    Too many people are crooks trying to get something for which they didn't earn and don't deserve. Surveys show that most parents would rather their kids be dishonest cheating liars than smoke cigarettes. Honesty and earning what you get just isn't considered important anymore in Western Civilization. Just because Sprint is being forced to put money into an account for people to "swear" they deserve it doesn't mean that you do. That "evil corporate" money came from Sprint users like you and I, and instead of investing in their network, phones, customer service, jobs... they have to give it away to people who didn't earn it. Lawyers are largely to blame for this type of BS, but dishonest individuals are not the minority these days.
    01-17-09 11:19 PM
    Is this money paid on a line by line basis? We were charged over $700 for 4 lines in the summer of 2007. Would we still only get the single reimbursement or x4 reimbursement?

01-20-09 04:41 PM
    Is this money paid on a line by line basis? We were charged over $700 for 4 lines in the summer of 2007. Would we still only get the single reimbursement or x4 reimbursement?

01-20-09 04:42 PM
    How about when a cell carrier cancels YOUR contract?

I don't remember which carrier it was (Sprint Maybe?) but they were canceling "needy" customers that would call too often.
    Yup, it was Sprint.

They screwed themselves even worse when they bought Nextel.
    Last edited by poe1983; 01-20-09 at 05:36 PM.
    01-20-09 05:02 PM
    Too many people are crooks trying to get something for which they didn't earn and don't deserve. Surveys show that most parents would rather their kids be dishonest cheating liars than smoke cigarettes. Honesty and earning what you get just isn't considered important anymore in Western Civilization. Just because Sprint is being forced to put money into an account for people to "swear" they deserve it doesn't mean that you do. That "evil corporate" money came from Sprint users like you and I, and instead of investing in their network, phones, customer service, jobs... they have to give it away to people who didn't earn it. Lawyers are largely to blame for this type of BS, but dishonest individuals are not the minority these days.
    Blah blah, who cares. Moral soapboxes on the internet FTL.

Nothing like kicking a crappy company like Sprint while they're down.
    01-20-09 05:15 PM
    Nextel canceled me for not ever using my PTT plan.. and even gave me over 80.00 in refunds. Service was horrible for me, but customer service was always good. (This was 3-4 years ago, mind you)
    01-20-09 05:16 PM
    Nextel canceled me for not ever using my PTT plan.. and even gave me over 80.00 in refunds. Service was horrible for me, but customer service was always good. (This was 3-4 years ago, mind you)
    Opposite for me. Service was always fantastic, but Customer Service was sub-awful.
    01-20-09 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD