So I just got off the phone with the tech support... I asked them about upgrading to BB10 when it comes out. She said to expect it "end of February/beginning of March". I asked if she knew the exact date, and just couldn't tell me... She said yes that's right, but that's the time frame.

Take it however you want, but my enthusiasm level went up just a little. It sounded a lot more promising than "later this year."
    ctuffy, cbvinh, Spencerdl and 2 others like this.
    01-15-13 05:53 PM
    Thanks for that relief my friend, for me sure beats later this year. Actually Wish it could be sooner, like a week after the big announcement. You know the way I look at it is we've waited years for our big Bb moment. At this point all I care about is that this device lives up to the hype, we've heard so much about what's under the hood but at the end of the day all I want is functionality. Thanks again.
    01-15-13 06:13 PM
    Given that Sprint was the last U.S. carrier on board, I wonder if that means the other carriers (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile) will have it before the end of February...
    01-15-13 06:13 PM
    Given that Sprint was the last U.S. carrier on board, I wonder if that means the other carriers (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile) will have it before the end of February...
    Oh damn I hope so. I'm on att and I have not heard a peep about when they might release bb10. I think they will be one of the first in the US, that still doesn't mean that bb 10 will be out within a month. I recall when rim delayed bb10 they stated that they had talked to the carriers and Q1 benefited them, so I'm hoping that means quick release.
    01-15-13 06:53 PM
    Hey Guys Hey guys.... aim low.. you will never fail.. i say its coming out in september....
    christenmartin likes this.
    01-15-13 06:54 PM
    Cool. My own phone contract isn't up for another year, so if BB 10 is still out and viable (including all the bugs worked out by handy-dandy early adopters), I may replace my Bold with one.
    01-15-13 07:08 PM
    Good news.....not GREAT, but good. I will be HAPPY when MY NEW BB10 is in MY hands
    01-15-13 07:35 PM
    Hey Guys Hey guys.... aim low.. you will never fail.. i say its coming out in september....
    this is classic!

lol
    01-15-13 08:50 PM
    I'm really hoping that she was right. I've been a little worried that I was going to have to go to another carrier if they weren't going to have it till summer or something. I don't mind waiting till March or so though...give RIM a chance to make any tweaks that may come to light after the initial launch.
    01-15-13 10:28 PM
    I gave up trusting sprint cs.

They told me the 9930 was scheduled to be released in a few months a week after it launched.

But my all time favorite was when I was having issues with my 9650 the rep told me to upload os7 onto it. He said he did it to his 8530.

So yeah excuse me if I take what a sprint rep takes with a HUGELY MASSIVE grain of salt. Lol

Sent from my game boy color
    nappp likes this.
    01-15-13 10:47 PM
    I've tried twice to get info on BB10 and only got "we don't have any Information on blackberrys new device". Good news I guess
    01-15-13 11:39 PM
    Sweet. Not a full on confirmation but I'll take it. Thanks OP.
    01-16-13 10:51 AM