Should i be concerned about their financial plight that i keep hearing about? Should i go ahead and start searching for a new carrier? I'v came across way to many articles online to pass this off as a rumor and now im quite worried
    11-22-08 11:23 AM
    Personally, I'm not concerned. There is a lot of chatter about the economy and business financial health. I believe Sprint will weather the storm.
    11-22-08 11:31 AM
    Even if they don't turn things around, it will be a *LONG* time before Sprint dies or gets gobbled by another carrier. I don't think we have anything to worry about for the near future. Remember that with number portability, if things DO get bleak for Sprint you can carry your number to a new carrier in less than day.

In the worst case, if Sprint does crash and burn as a company, the most likely outcome is that they'll be snapped up by another company (either another US carrier, or a foreign carrier wanting a foothold in the US market like t-mobile did years ago.) That could lead to a couple of billing cycles of chaos for customers who stick it out but probably won't lead to a service interruption.
    11-22-08 11:32 AM
    I doubt that Sprint will ever go under. Their CS is a lot better than it used to be and with the upcoming release of WiMax (4G), their numbers are really going to increase.
    11-22-08 02:43 PM
    alot of sprints trouble can be traced back to credit. VZW and ATT are pretty strict, where as in an attempt to get more customers Sprint lowered the bar. These uncreditworthy people are partially whats bringing sprint down and will continue until they rectify the issue
    11-22-08 03:02 PM
    whats the WiMax (4G)? Is that supposed to surpass the 3g thing?
    11-22-08 09:10 PM
    i wouldn't worry about Sprint either... i personally think they'll be around for a while inspite of what you read and hear. Just my un-supportive point of view.
    11-23-08 04:08 AM
    whats the WiMax (4G)? Is that supposed to surpass the 3g thing?
    WiMax is a high-speed wireless data standard. The initial offerings will be fixed wireless internet... you'll have a receiver at a house or office that supplies you with an internet connection wireless (think wireless DSL or cable-modem.) Soon portable devices will follow (there may be some out there by now, I haven't read up on this in detail in a year or so) and the goal is to use WiMax as a combined data/voice network offering higher performance then EV-DO or HSDPA.
    11-23-08 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD