I just purchased my first bb, a curve from Sprint... I love the phone, except for one thing, How the #%$^& can sprint put a phone out that DOES NOT HAVE PICTURE MAIL... WHat a rip off.... The phone is awesome tho...
    08-04-08 04:30 PM
    The Blackberry's DO have picturemail.. I think it's just that they disable that feature.. Same with Verizon.
    08-04-08 05:50 PM
    Verizon doesn't disable MMS on curves -.-
    08-04-08 05:55 PM
    Plenty of posts out there with work arounds to get MMS working on your curve.
    08-04-08 06:08 PM
    i recieve with no problem, i think sprint disables the phone to send MMS, but like the others said, that can be fixed
    08-04-08 06:25 PM
    I have a Verizon Curve and half the time MMS doesn't go through anyway.
    08-05-08 12:07 AM
    That really sucks...I'm glad I have tmobile.. I get everything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-08 09:25 PM
    That might be part of the reason Sprint just lost 901,000 customers. Lol.

08-06-08 09:38 PM
    Yeah, thereare ways around it though like previously posted.

08-06-08 09:51 PM
    That really sucks...I'm glad I have tmobile.. I get everything.

Unlimited TV, radio, and navigation?

08-06-08 10:04 PM
    Yea the Sprint 8330 is great and lacks MMS but as said there is more than one way to send a picture...
    08-06-08 10:53 PM
    I have no problem with my mms, and I send pic's all the time...
    11-18-08 03:05 PM
    and to add to what 49ways said: what about NFL, Facebook, and Pocket Express at no addiitonal cost, does TMobile have that?
    11-18-08 03:31 PM
    and to add to what 49ways said: what about NFL, Facebook, and Pocket Express at no addiitonal cost, does TMobile have that?
    You don't have to have Sprint to use Facebook... Also there are several 3rd party apps that are free that work the same or better than Pocket Express. Same goes for radio streaming, which simply requires unlimited data. Sprint TV blows as well.
    11-18-08 03:34 PM
    Unlimited TV, radio, and navigation?

LOL. I bet at T-Mobile you have a real reasonable data plan to right??
    Last edited by Slammer; 11-19-08 at 05:26 PM.
    11-19-08 05:23 PM
    You don't have to have Sprint to use Facebook... Also there are several 3rd party apps that are free that work the same or better than Pocket Express. Same goes for radio streaming, which simply requires unlimited data. Sprint TV blows as well.

Its real simple IF your not happy with your carrier then SWITCH! I've never had problems with Sprint TV.
    11-19-08 05:25 PM
    Actually my sprint contract was up on November 1st 2008.

I researched the crap out of what I was going to purchase and what carrier I was going to go with.

I have a share plan with me and my wife.

For the USA

Verizon has the BEST network. Period.
    Sprint has the Second best network.
    ATT has the 3rd best network.
    T-moble pretty much has a non-existent 3G Network in Columbus Ohio (where I live)

As for price.... t-mobile has good deals.... but I didnt really care since it would work like crap in my area.

between the big 3, (sprint, vzw, att)
    Sprint had the best deal hands down.

My unlimited data plan with 1500 minutes share plan is 129.99 a month.

To get the same features on AT&T would cost $229 and thats 1400 minutes and a smaller network.

Verizon was insanely high too... but they have the best network.. So I guess you pay for it.

AT&T has an Iphone but it wouldnt sync my contacts with mailtrust so I decided against it
    11-19-08 06:17 PM
    Sprint, being CDMA, has a great network, but I've always felt their coverage was lacking. Guess I didn't really give them a fair shake. All well.
    11-19-08 06:29 PM
    Yea I too have the sprints 8330 curve and I hate it doesn't have the mms feature! I don't like sending pictures through the crappy carrier emails!

11-19-08 08:55 PM
    Sprint has the Second best network.
    lol what? I use to love Sprint, until I had over 65 dropped calls in one month. If you have a link showing that they are the second best, I would love to see it, because with the amount of customers they have been losing, I can't see how that's possible.

And Sprint TV doesn't suck, I loved it on my Curve.
    11-19-08 09:00 PM
    I had TMO prior to switching to Sprint.

In my commuting area, TMO has only 1/2 the coverage that Sprint has. And I can get a better family plan, price wise, and so far their customer care has been excellent. More entertainment options with Sprint as well.

So....

1. Coverage - Sprint
    2. Streaming TV - Sprint
    3. Steaming Radio - Sprint
    4. Navigator - Sprint
    5. Price - Sprint
    6. Customer care - Sprint

No comparison.
    11-19-08 09:13 PM
    Well I luv Sprint service and price plan- there are other ways to send your pics and MM is something I don't even notice I'm missing. But their Simply Everything plan is perfect for me- you just can't beat that price, $99.00 WOW!
    11-23-08 04:27 AM
    Well I luv Sprint service and price plan- there are other ways to send your pics and MM is something I don't even notice I'm missing. But their Simply Everything plan is perfect for me- you just can't beat that price, $99.00 WOW!
    Hello! I was reading your post and have a question for you. Do you pay $99 for everything? Including internet? When I asked a Sprint rep about this plan, they told me that I would have to pay an extra $30 for BIS.
    11-23-08 10:03 AM
    Hello! I was reading your post and have a question for you. Do you pay $99 for everything? Including internet? When I asked a Sprint rep about this plan, they told me that I would have to pay an extra $30 for BIS.
    When did you talk to a rep about the plan? The Simply everything plan has been in existence for a while now. BUt yes, if you are with Sprint, the SEP (99.99) includes BIS. You would need to pay extra to have access to the BES server, but not BIS.
    11-23-08 10:17 AM
    I can't complain about Sprint at all. Well I guess I could complain about no MMS but I use the work-around and I'm pretty sure Sprint will have some sort of MMS for the Curve soon. Plus their plan prices are 2nd to none. Its worth the wait for me.

Sent from my Blackberry Crackberry with Shnozzberries SON!

11-23-08 09:24 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD