Hi I head these can be used on metro pcs if they are unlocked or flashed what does this mean and how is it done? Is there an unlock code or software needed,if so how where can I find it? Thanks for any help guys.
    04-15-09 07:37 PM
    Sprint devices are CDMA and do not unlock. You might think you're gonna get a cheap deal with Metro, but they use the older towers and bands that are slowly being phased out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 08:12 PM
    Since the 8830 is a World Phone (Works on both CDMA and GSM
    networks) you would need to unlock the GSM side. Unlocking a
    GSM device makes it possible to use it on a carrier other than the
    one it was originally registered to.

There are no generic unlock codes, and the software to make
    that happen is not meant to be released to the general public
    so I am not even going to mention it's name.

You have 2 routes you can try:
    1) Call your carrier and tell them you are traveling out of the
    country and would like to unlock the GSM side of the phone.

2) Pay a service like BBEnriched or Horizon Wireless

Off topic - Is your screenname a reference to the Colt .45ACP
    04-15-09 08:16 PM
    Let me clear up a wee bit of confusion.

MetroPCS is a CDMA carrier, so you would be using the CDMA side of your 8830. You will be "flashing" the phone to Metro's service (not "unlocking" as this can only be done on GSM devices). This basicly means programing your phone to run on their towers instead of Sprint's. To do this, you will need to contact MetroPCS and they will explain how to do this over the phone.

I believe (not positive) that they have a list of certain Sprint phones that they will flash and the 8830 may not be on that list. Just call their customer service and they'll be able to tell you everything you need to know!

Also for what it's worth, once it's flashed I have heard that Sprint will no longer activate it on their network, so if you plan on returning to them your phone will be a very fancy expensive world-edition paperweight. Just some food for thought...

Good luck!!!
    04-15-09 09:56 PM
    Thanks guys for the help,this would be for my wife to use I'm with AT&T myself. amazinglygraceless yes my screen name is in reference to the colt M1911 pistol.
    04-15-09 10:06 PM
    Ok, it's throwing things off in the thread, typed in a Curve but wrong model #, so if I gave incorrect info, I apologize for the confusion, as I can't see which you really have from mobile, and stand corrected.

BTW, nice taste in firearms.

Thanks AG, for poppin in with TRS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 04-15-09 at 10:41 PM.
    04-15-09 10:39 PM
    You can flash your sprint blackberry over to metro pcs....with full mms...internet...talk...and text....I have one fully flashed....however the pic msg is inconsistent right now when recieving.....sending works fine.
    06-27-09 12:11 AM
    Can you tell me where in LA I can get a Blackberry Pearl flashed to Metro?
    07-01-09 07:50 PM
    Can you tell me where in LA I can get a Blackberry Pearl flashed to Metro?

Search craigslist.....
    07-02-09 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD