I heard from a reliable source (the voice in my head) that Sprint is more then likely to bring the new HTC Touch HD to market before Verizon does.
    09-25-08 04:04 PM
    no i dont blame u i just ask that you dont insult me when i say i heard something from a reliable source thats all and i know that this is one i mean you guys have got to be kidding me rim has reps also ya know who work deals with the carrier company some blackberry models were negoitiated in mere days and distributed in that sam month so i dont understand why there are so many doubters people aren't expecting sprint to do something this big when you really should they are right now at the bottom of the totem as far as major wireless carriers they are going to do something to put them back on that level
    I agree with you. I don't think you should be insulting for that. But understand that every other day someone gets on the CB and says they heard something from a "reliable" source about a device or whatever. You may have very well spoke to a reliable source, but you can't just take people's word for it around it. So while I agree that you probably shouldn't have been insulted, at the same time, just take it as a grain of salt and ignore it because you're dealing with a bunch of frustrated folks (myself included) who are anxiously waiting. Plus, there's nothing you can do to convince people otherwise so you might as well ignore.
    09-25-08 04:06 PM
    No way Sprint will get their hands on the Storm like BB this year. History tells us that Sprint will be about 3 months behinds VZ when it comes getting the lastest BB.
    Not true.
    RIM BlackBerry Curve 8330 (Verizon Wireless) Smartphone reviews - CNET Reviews

RIM BlackBerry Curve 8330 - black (Sprint) Smartphone reviews - CNET Reviews

Verizon Release Date: May 6
    Sprint Release Date: May 9

RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8130 - dark purple (Sprint) Smartphone reviews - CNET Reviews

No Verizon Release Date was given in the CNET Review of the 8130, but the Sprint Release date was November 23. I know for a fact the Verizon 8130 was released in November as well.

RIM BlackBerry 8830 - black (Sprint) Smartphone reviews - CNET Reviews
    RIM BlackBerry 8830 - silver (Verizon Wireless) Smartphone reviews - CNET Reviews

Release Date for Sprint 8830: 6/28/07
    Verizon version was reviewed 5/22/07

Where are you getting 3 months from? I see one month at most...and only in one example....Most of the time its a few days.

However, I understand that the Storm will be different because of the exclusivity agreement that RIM and Verizon have. I'm not debating that one.
    09-26-08 01:43 AM
    I won't count anything out. Would be nice to have a Storm. It would also be even nicer to have a Bold or a Javelin. Like my physical keyboard a lot. I'll probably end up getting the Storm if it's the first next-gen BB to hit Sprint.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-08 02:27 AM
    Definitly will not be holding my breath! I will pass out for sure! Lol

09-26-08 02:35 AM
    storm is 100% vzw....

there will be no sprint touchberry...keep dreaming...if u sleep for a year or so, there might be one for ya...

your "reliable source" is not reliable
    09-26-08 03:18 PM
    I just got done talking with the southeastern rep for sprint usa and she told me that sprint is going to release a touch screen blackberry as well in the 4q to compete with verizons blackberry this is a very reliable source also there is sell plans that i have read from Best Buy Mobile about them getting the phone for sprint as well
    Yea your probably right. I was told from a mobilesolutions guy that t-mobile was getting the BOLD

09-26-08 03:38 PM
    Obviously Sprint will release another Blackberry quickly, since they are so fast at getting them out there...
    09-26-08 04:30 PM
    i appreciate humor as much as (if not more than) the next guy, but it should be noted that sarcasm does not translate well to text only.

i know you're incredibly funny and your dry wit is the the class of your inner circle (see how poorly sarcasm reads?), but it is much easier to convey your thoughts on the boards by just saying what you mean.
    09-28-08 02:02 PM
    I have a friend who does tech support for Sprint. I asked her about the storm. She confirmed that sprint will be releasing the Bold in the fall but was hesitant on discussing the storm. Her words; "I can tell you that we have to be knowledgeable and able to provide technical assistance on blackberry touchscreen devices and that we need to demonstrate proficiency before christmas..."
    09-29-08 08:00 AM
    i appreciate humor as much as (if not more than) the next guy, but it should be noted that sarcasm does not translate well to text only.

i know you're incredibly funny and your dry wit is the the class of your inner circle (see how poorly sarcasm reads?), but it is much easier to convey your thoughts on the boards by just saying what you mean.
    That's the entire point. Sprint has a horrible track record of bringing BB's to CDMA in any word relating to "fast". You don't have to try very hard to see the sarcasm, nor should anyone be bored enough to have to point that out.

I guess I have to put a disclaimer that my other post was not for those challenged at reading...
    Last edited by papped; 09-29-08 at 01:30 PM.
    09-29-08 01:23 PM
    I don’t know what everyone is complaining about when I was looking for a new phone with full keyboard and get on the web and take pics a videos, everyone one said go with the Curve it will have a OS update soon that will DO HTML emails and Video….well I have had my berry for a year and no OS 4.5 from all them reliable sources that so it was coming soon
    09-29-08 01:46 PM
    That's the entire point. Sprint has a horrible track record of bringing BB's to CDMA in any word relating to "fast". You don't have to try very hard to see the sarcasm, nor should anyone be bored enough to have to point that out.

I guess I have to put a disclaimer that my other post was not for those challenged at reading...
    It's not Sprint's fault really. RIM is the manufacturer. They decide when they will develop a CDMA version of a phone that they have relesed to a GSM carrier first. If you're going to blame anyone, blame RIM, not Sprint. And if you search for another post I have made, Sprint releases them at most 3 weeks after Verizon gets them. Many times, it's within the same week. Only reason it will take longer to get a touchscreen is the exclusivity agreement that Verizon has.
    09-29-08 02:14 PM
    You seem like your on the right page pin: head...............

Storm=vzw exclusive!!!!!!!!
    10-01-08 07:07 PM
    Sounds strange
    10-01-08 09:53 PM
    Maybe I shouldn't cancel my Sprint line come the end of October.
    10-02-08 01:13 AM
    Very interesting read from beginning to end... LOL...

Quoted from the FIRST Posting (at least the start):
    I just got done talking with the southeastern rep for sprint usa...
    LOL... sorry for repeating this and pounding it in to the ground, but a rep is still a rep... they all lie and say whatever they can to keep customers looking for that next big phone... example: look how long AT&T has had the iPhone, and it's still on one carrier... will another carrier have the iPhone some day... probably, but no one has it yet... the Bold will be with AT&T for some time... how long? Who knows!!!

The only truly reliable source is the carrier and RIM announcing a new phone has been released!!!
    10-02-08 07:15 AM
    Ahhhh, I don't like touch screen phones

10-02-08 07:16 AM
    I don�t know what everyone is complaining about when I was looking for a new phone with full keyboard and get on the web and take pics a videos, everyone one said go with the Curve it will have a OS update soon that will DO HTML emails and Video�.well I have had my berry for a year and no OS 4.5 from all them reliable sources that so it was coming soon
    4.5 is out I've been using it on my Verizon 8130 pearl for about 2 months now. There is no official release for Verizon but if you do your snooping around on the web you can find it on a different carrier and download and then just delete the carrier.xml file and install it. It enables video camera on the curve and html emails as well as a host of other things. Personally I've come 2 like it.

10-02-08 08:00 AM
    I also think the sprint rep is full of it. As far as a rep telling you what you want to hear, I think it depends on the rep. My screen name is slangin phones for a reason. I am very honest and don't release info unless it is official. What I do know is storm = vzw exclusive, and absolutly going to kick a** all over the u.s.
    10-02-08 09:48 AM
    4.5 is out I've been using it on my Verizon 8130 pearl for about 2 months now. There is no official release for Verizon but if you do your snooping around on the web you can find it on a different carrier and download and then just delete the carrier.xml file and install it. It enables video camera on the curve and html emails as well as a host of other things. Personally I've come 2 like it.

You also lose your warrenty if you do that, and don't wait for an official release.

10-02-08 10:21 AM
    You also lose your warrenty if you do that, and don't wait for an official release.

not if you change it back for any repairs...

or get a water warranty and go swimming
    10-02-08 01:30 PM

i personally don't care about my warranty bc it is up anyway and i have insurance and im getting the storm so i dont care and i can always change it back to the last release its not hard lol. thanks for the concern tho.
    10-02-08 09:41 PM
    Sprint please...
    10-03-08 11:45 AM
    No way Sprint will get their hands on the Storm like BB this year. History tells us that Sprint will be about 3 months behinds VZ when it comes getting the lastest BB.
    Just a heads up VZW does not get the latest blackberry before Sprint when a device comes to CDMA its comes out on Telus and Sprint first before VZW due to compatibility issues with Verizon. The Curve is the only Blackberry to launch on Vzw before Sprint and we launched the day after VZW launched there Curve and if y�u read up on the specs and reviews everybody will tell that the Sprint Curve out performs the VzW handsdown.
    Last edited by Pitts2525; 10-07-08 at 06:27 AM.
    10-04-08 05:20 PM
107 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD