I just got done talking with the southeastern rep for sprint usa and she told me that sprint is going to release a touch screen blackberry as well in the 4q to compete with verizons blackberry this is a very reliable source also there is sell plans that i have read from Best Buy Mobile about them getting the phone for sprint as well
    09-24-08 11:30 PM
    Any carrier rep = not a reliable source.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-08 11:32 PM
    i guess we will see wont we
    09-24-08 11:32 PM
    i doubt it . . .
    09-24-08 11:57 PM
    i dont know guys maybe im just sayin if its going to be released it will be this year
    09-25-08 08:28 AM
    and why would u say carrier reps arent good sources
    09-25-08 08:29 AM
    why would u say carrier reps are not good sources
    09-25-08 08:29 AM
    why would u say carrier reps are not good sources
    Wow. Are you new to Blackberries, or technology in general?
    09-25-08 08:36 AM
    No way Sprint will get their hands on the Storm like BB this year. History tells us that Sprint will be about 3 months behinds VZ when it comes getting the lastest BB.
    09-25-08 08:41 AM
    I tought the Storm/Thunder is VZ exclusive. Unless Storm and Thunder are different. Hopefully Tmobile gets one maybe BlackBerry Hurricane

09-25-08 11:05 AM
    I tought the Storm/Thunder is VZ exclusive. Unless Storm and Thunder are different. Hopefully Tmobile gets one maybe BlackBerry Hurricane

Storm = CDMA
    Thunder = GSM
    09-25-08 11:07 AM
    Wow. Are you new to Blackberries, or technology in general?
    i prolly know more about technology than you do i actually know people that work for RIM and like i said i dont post things unless they have been given to me by someone i feel is credible whoever it may be soo that's just what i heard and it was given to me by a credible source
    09-25-08 11:12 AM
    No way Sprint will get their hands on the Storm like BB this year. History tells us that Sprint will be about 3 months behinds VZ when it comes getting the lastest BB.
    yea but its not suppose to be based off the storm its suppose to be based off an entirely different series
    09-25-08 11:13 AM
    Yea, carrier sales reps will tell you what you WANT to hear so that they can get their sales. Come man this is like basics 101 stuff.
    09-25-08 11:13 AM
    i prolly know more about technology than you do i actually know people that work for RIM and like i said i dont post things unless they have been given to me by someone i feel is credible whoever it may be soo that's just what i heard and it was given to me by a credible source
    Well colour me impressed!

You don't know who I know or what I know, so please....

Point is that anyone who knows anything understands that reps are not reliable sources of information. And in your initial post, basically all you said is that a rep told you this information. So how are others on the site to take this thread more seriously than any other "I heard from so and so" thread? Think about it.
    09-25-08 11:19 AM
    I did hear from a tmobile rep when I was getting my BB that BB was coming out with a touchscreen Dec. That was said in July. Until I see it then I'll believe it. That's why this is posted on rumors area.

09-25-08 11:20 AM
    it wasnt a sells rep i repeat do you think i would be stupid enough to believe that it. was a public relations rep for the south east united states thats how i got my information
    09-25-08 11:27 AM
    it wasnt a sells rep i repeat do you think i would be stupid enough to believe that it. was a public relations rep for the south east united states thats how i got my information
    Ah ha. Perhaps this would have been useful information to provide in your intial post. Now, wouldn't you agree?

And really, please consider the following: Most ALL information about unreleased devices, OS's, apps, etc. is protected by NDAs. Generally, anything you hear from reps is either 1. false or 2. meaningless. The real information about things of this nature doesn't leave the mouths of people who are actually "in the know," as I am sure they wouldn't like to lose their jobs due to leaking information. Hence why everyone and their mum on Crackberry is skeptical of ANYTHING any carrier employee, be they management or sales reps, has to say.
    09-25-08 11:36 AM
    indeed i.e whole information leak thing wouldnt apply if you worked for the company
    09-25-08 12:01 PM
    Carrier reps don't even know what phones they already have released on the market half the time...
    09-25-08 12:18 PM
    Carrier reps don't even know what phones they already have released on the market half the time...
    Ding ding ding!!!
    09-25-08 12:25 PM
    History also says that VZW is always late with new Blackberry devices, but it looks like they will be the first with this so I wouldn't go by that. I'm not saying Sprint will get it soon or not, but right now history is not a good indication of who is releasing what at what time. There's so much heavy competition everyone is trying to get out devices faster.... well except for AT&T and the Bold LOL. But there you go, it would have been expected that AT&T would have released this by now if we go with history. But things happen and things change.
    09-25-08 01:26 PM
    I literally LOLed when I read this one. I am speechless.
    09-25-08 01:29 PM
    It's funny how WW3 breaks out around here when someone mentions they heard something (from a company rep) about a new device or something LMAO.

Most people won't believe it until we see it or its comes up on this site or BGR or somewhere else reputable. Could you blame us?
    09-25-08 01:30 PM
    no i dont blame u i just ask that you dont insult me when i say i heard something from a reliable source thats all and i know that this is one i mean you guys have got to be kidding me rim has reps also ya know who work deals with the carrier company some blackberry models were negoitiated in mere days and distributed in that sam month so i dont understand why there are so many doubters people aren't expecting sprint to do something this big when you really should they are right now at the bottom of the totem as far as major wireless carriers they are going to do something to put them back on that level
    09-25-08 03:59 PM
107 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD