like i said guys i know my source and she wouldnt lie to me I promise im confident enough to say if sprint does not come out with a touch screen bb i will cancel my crackberry account
    10-07-08 01:28 AM
    Where does she get here info there has been NO mention of one at all on any blogs or sites. We have heard about the storm /thunder for at least a year before its hopefully soon release. Not saying that it won't happen but I really believe that if it were in the pipeline somehow someway it woulda made its way to one of our fav cberry gossip rags.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 04:02 PM
    Ok let me clear this up some. I am working at best buy right now, and am waiting for sprints new blackberry to come out. I am hounding the mobile people to give me an estimate on a release date and so far all i have gotten is that it will be coming in the next 2 months.
    02-02-09 01:45 AM
    Just a heads up VZW does not get the latest blackberry before Sprint when a device comes to CDMA its comes out on Telus and Sprint first before VZW due to compatibility issues with Verizon. The Curve is the only Blackberry to launch on Vzw before Sprint and we launched the day after VZW launched there Curve and if y�u read up on the specs and reviews everybody will tell that the Sprint Curve out performs the VzW handsdown.
    The Verizon curve was out about 7 days before Sprints...Sprints launched May 9th I believe...
    02-02-09 04:42 AM
    Whoa......the thread back from the dead!

02-02-09 08:44 AM
    I spoke with Sprint's head of corporate sales for South East US (the guy who sells large corps their phones for all of Florida and Georgia); he says that the next Blackberry that Sprint will be carrying (Niagara?) which was slated for Q1 is now pushed to Q3. Not surprised.

I know you crack abusers don't trust sales hole rumors and I don't either. However, this guy is not some **** at the Best Buy counter telling me some sh!t he heard from the Circuit City guy; this is my top contact in the SE region who is typically silent when I ask for updated release schedules. This source is better than most. Granted its still from a sales hole, and still a rumor, but its credible and in line with Sprint's MO of being grossly late with new product. Added that Sprint just laid off 8,000 people last week, Q3 might even be high hopes. *sigh*

... and I use Sprint so I have nothing to gain from spreading false info that could go against them. I WISH they got their act together and adopted early RIM tech with exclusivity.
    02-02-09 08:47 AM
    Funny this people think that Sprint will release a touch screen blackberry anytim e soon...

:P
    02-02-09 08:56 AM
    Did she tell you who shot JFK as well?
    02-02-09 08:58 AM
    When will everyone stop believing sprint....
    02-02-09 08:59 AM
    When will everyone stop believing sprint....
    My thoughts exactly. When will everyone stop believing every carrier, not just Sprint?

02-02-09 09:02 AM
    Hello all from my understanding with Sprint.The touchscreen from Sprint will feature a slide out keypad because of the storms very difficult touchscreen.Sprint will also be releasing 3 more blackberries this year into early next year.The new models will include something like the bold also two models something like the pearl.This info came from a very good source who told me about the curve before any sites did.Please look at the blackberries that Verizon came out with and the ones Sprint did how much better the are in terms of features.Thx it's gonna be a great year for Sprint and Blackberry
    02-02-09 09:33 AM
    All I can say is they'll be released when they are released. We don't know dates, model numbers, really, we don't KNOW anything. We may have heard rumors, but nothing substantial. People need to stop being the pied piper's mice. Of course every carrier will get new BBs this year. That's kind of a DUH moment. As to what they are and when they come out, that's up to the different carriers.

02-02-09 09:42 AM
    After the Pre announcement and the layoff's for the quarter, I just mentally assumed no new BB's until the second half of this year. I think the Pre will trump anything else in the next few months as they do all they can to get that device to market ASAP.
    02-02-09 11:07 AM
    Palm will fail with the Pre.... even plam sites all over say that palm users are unhappy with the Pre design and new OS I hope sprint does not put all their eggs in the Palm basket
    02-02-09 01:03 PM
    Hello all from my understanding with Sprint.The touchscreen from Sprint will feature a slide out keypad because of the storms very difficult touchscreen.Sprint will also be releasing 3 more blackberries this year into early next year.The new models will include something like the bold also two models something like the pearl.This info came from a very good source who told me about the curve before any sites did.Please look at the blackberries that Verizon came out with and the ones Sprint did how much better the are in terms of features.Thx it's gonna be a great year for Sprint and Blackberry
    The Storm's touch screen isn't "very difficult." It's actually pretty easy. It all depends on the person who is using the device..

And I highly doubt Sprint will come out with a touch screen BlackBerry. If they do, it won't be as good as the Storm.
    Last edited by ttech19; 02-02-09 at 01:19 PM.
    02-02-09 01:14 PM
    For what it's worth.

I just left Sprint this weekend. Before I left, one of Sprint's senior service managers gave me the entire dog and pony show in an effort to get me to reconsider and stay.

Bottom line: Sprint really does have a lot of its eggs in the basket with the Pre.

When I told the rep I was planning to go to Verizon for the Storm -- she didn't say Sprint was getting it soon, she said it wouldn't be as good as the Pre. I point blank asked if Sprint had any plans to get the Storm, and she just dodged the question -- and again said the Pre would be better than the Storm, or iPhone or any other smartphone on the market.

I also asked about the Touch HD Pro coming to Sprint, and she said that there were a number of HTC models they were looking forward to carrying -- but that the Pre would be the best and exclusive to Sprint like the Storm is to Verizon.

LOL, that definately told me Sprint wouldn't be getting the Storm anytime soon -- and the whole conversation seemed to focus on the Pre and Palm's efforts with Sprint to market the device heavily this summer.

So, I don't see Sprint pushing BlackBerry to release the Storm on Sprint anytime soon, and (IMHO) BlackBerry would likely feel better about having Verizon keeping the Storm exclusive since Sprint seems to be pushing the Pre above any other phone for the foreseeable future.

Anyway, that's my two cents.
    02-02-09 01:22 PM
    I Trust The Reps A 100%, They Even Told Me Im Gonna Win The Lottery And Yes That Came From Dan Hesse Himself!!!! I Would Chop Off My Family Jules If I Ever Believed Them. The Niagira Was Pushed Back From What I Read On Here, My Reliable Source Told Me Otherwise.......lmao
    02-02-09 02:11 PM
    I Trust The Reps A 100%, They Even Told Me Im Gonna Win The Lottery And Yes That Came From Dan Hesse Himself!!!! I Would Chop Off My Family Jules If I Ever Believed Them. The Niagira Was Pushed Back From What I Read On Here, My Reliable Source Told Me Otherwise.......lmao
    Hey Doc, I didn't know you weren't funny... That Must Be Hard To Type With Case On Each Word. Yikes.

So coach says that Pre sucks, and thats not surprising since its a Palm and they haven't had a decent product since 1998. Sprint is putting their eggs in Pre instead of pushing for something new from RIM, this after losing their shirts from pushing that dud from Samsung the "Extinct"... what is wrong with the management over there? I swear they must be ******** to not engage RIM for something new with exclusivity. Palm is trying to revitalize (save?) their brand by reinventing the wheel, and Sprint is jumping off the cliff with them. The brand people want, the brand with buzz, is RIM/Blackberry. This would be like Hundai building a sports car that is priced to compete with Ferrari and trying to make you think its just as good or better.

Sprint has the best pricing; we call know and agree. Sprint has competetive coverage (some will disagree but they live in rural Montana); fact is their coverage is competetive (not the best, but not the worst); their C/S has improved; if you don't agree then you haven't called in the last 6-12 months because it HAS. They are still a top-tier carrier but in 3rd place and losing ground. All Sprint needs to do is get some buzz with a new hot Blackberry with exclusivity (see AT&T with the Bold and Verizon with the Storm). They are idiots to ignore the obvious and jump off onto Extinct or Pre -- nobody is going to get excited about that junk. If you disagree, imagine if the Storm has been exclusive to Sprint these past months... you don't think that would have pumped up their sales and their stock? Hells yeah it would.

So again we bash Sprint for their deserved lack of intelligent management. Maybe if we Hope for Change, and they bring in new management who are documented and confessed Tax Cheats, hire a new CEO who has never managed anything in his life (but who is close friends with convicted felons and domestic terrorists), they borrow trillions of dollars which puts them into debt for the next 20 years and will surely bankrupt them, but they give away free money to all Americans (even those who haven't paid anything), and they ignore the fact that every time this has ever been tried in the past it has only made things worse, and every reputable economist says its a bad idea, but they go on doing what their management team of Tax Evaders says to do... maybe the Savior will come and all will be well. Why not try it... our new President is.
    02-03-09 03:45 PM
    Sprint has competetive coverage (some will disagree but they live in rural Montana)
    I live 40 min away from NYC, and go to NYC at least twice a week, and when I had Sprint, they sucked in the best locations of NY. Competitive carriers have great service in major cities. Sprint was just a bunch of dropped calls and roaming on Verizon.
    02-03-09 03:56 PM
    I live 40 min away from NYC, and go to NYC at least twice a week, and when I had Sprint, they sucked in the best locations of NY. Competitive carriers have great service in major cities. Sprint was just a bunch of dropped calls and roaming on Verizon.
    Okay. I'm not trying to carry the jock of Sprint... please know that I'm not. Obviously people have their own experiences to tell. I travel between Portland OR, Chicago, and Tampa and Sprint gives me no trouble (almost never); whereas associates who are on AT&T in Chicago complain often of dropped calls and no coverage.

My point in the above post is not to defend or promote Sprints coverage as being fantastic, but that they are competetive in all areas EXCEPT having exciting new phones. I think thats a defendable argument. Disagree?
    02-03-09 04:33 PM
    Okay. I'm not trying to carry the jock of Sprint... please know that I'm not. Obviously people have their own experiences to tell. I travel between Portland OR, Chicago, and Tampa and Sprint gives me no trouble (almost never); whereas associates who are on AT&T in Chicago complain often of dropped calls and no coverage.

My point in the above post is not to defend or promote Sprints coverage as being fantastic, but that they are competetive in all areas EXCEPT having exciting new phones. I think thats a defendable argument. Disagree?

I totally agree - as service and coverage goes, Sprint is pretty darn good. All have their pluses and minuses. I have been places when I was the only one with coverage vs. ATT & Verizon and vice versa (never had a problem in NYC, but it has been 2 years since my last trip).

I just wish they would update their phones more - I really don't want to change b/c the other guys cost more but give me no better service other than a shinny new handset!
    02-03-09 04:54 PM

It's definitely defendable, but I still think Sprint and T-Mobile have the worst coverage out of every carrier. There is a reason they are losing so many customers a year (Sprint), and it's not just because they don't get "cool" cellphones.
    02-03-09 04:57 PM
    It's definitely defendable, but I still think Sprint and T-Mobile have the worst coverage out of every carrier. There is a reason they are losing so many customers a year (Sprint), and it's not just because they don't get "cool" cellphones.

Yeah, a lot of it has to do with the fact that their customer service STILL sucks and I have called them within the last year and within the last 6 months.
    02-03-09 08:24 PM
    you are a ***** jenaywins
    02-04-09 10:36 AM
    That rep was full of S&^%....I am STILL waiting for a touchscreen Blackberry for Sprint......wish they would get something going on this.....
    12-03-09 02:07 PM
107 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD