Love seeing those artifacts. I always want to stop the user and ask them if they've heard of the Q10 and show them mine... though I guess all that matters is that they're still using a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 06:40 PM
    I still carry mine around, along with my Zs :-)

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 06:45 PM
    I see a lot of 9900's on the plane (I am a regular plane commuter) . Certain business people still carry them. These people text alot.

However, half the time they also pull out an iPhone when they want to play games.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    04-04-14 07:59 PM
    I loved my 9900 bold looked great and felt very solid in your hand
    Johberry and fryk like this.
    04-05-14 01:06 AM
    I loved my 9900 bold looked great and felt very solid in your hand
    I feel the same way which is why I can't part with it just yet even though I have a Q10. Miss the trackpad and belt.
    04-05-14 01:12 AM
    I see them all the time on the commuter trains into/out of London. Also, I was in one of the executive lounges at Heathrow (London) waiting for a flight and was surprised to note that the majority of phones being used seemed to be BB07s.
    04-05-14 01:39 AM
    An elderly woman walking through my store the other day had an old Blackberry device that her daughter had her hold. It was ringing and she wanted to turn it off. The entire phone, I mean, not just the ringing. She must be able to read people well because she stopped me out of the blue and said, "You'd be the person to ask about this thing.." and literally handed me the Blackberry mid ring. It looked like it was running a really old version of BBOS and the keyboard brandished little bubble like buttons that were white and lit up. When it stopped ringing it was locked (keypad is locked) and without the password I couldn't do anything. I tried! I know how to work my Q10 perfectly but that device had to be from 2006. Other than a white Bold I saw a few months back and an old Curve around the same time I haven't seen too many devices out there. That woman, though, she really knows how to pick her helpers!

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 03:24 AM
    Maybe the airports would be a great place to advertise!?!?
    When I was at Juarez International (Mexico City) airport BlackBerry ads were everywhere you looked.

I think you're right. Airports would be a great place.

via CB10 using a Z10 / STL100-3 / RFK121LW / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    04-05-14 03:31 AM
    I happen to meet people carrying BlackBerry in Moscow more often now. Now, let me point it out - Russia was never a BB nation. And it still isn't due to the total lack of advertisement and eternal problems of BlackBerry with state special forces forbidding the usage of BBRY's encryption technology. This freaking situation totally sucks! But closer to the point.

I start seeing guys and girls carrying not only Bolds 9900, but also Q10's. Z10 is still a rare specie. And it seems I'm the only one who have a Z30. That's sad but at the same time makes me feel kinda exclusive. Lol

Overall, it's a like a rebellious spring right in the heart of eternal iPhone/Android winter... )))))
    fryk likes this.
    04-05-14 03:40 AM
    I see none, only Blackberry i see is mine, biting dust in my closet. I will throw away my MotoG in case any good update of my Curve will come up. Which i don't think will ever happen. They like ignoring their old customers, or force 'em to UPGRADE to BB10. expensive.
    04-05-14 05:01 AM
    Blackberry everywhere here in Nigeria but mostly the BB OS ppl now upgrading to Z 10 cuz is getting cheaper and I think the Z3 gonna make huge market here cuz of the price and ppl still love blackberry here in Nigeria.
    04-05-14 07:28 AM
    Not that I make a habit of checking out other peoples phones, but I rarely see blackberry's anywhere which makes sense from the low market share.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-05-14 07:30 AM
    Is there a point to this thread?

You're saying this as if you spotted an extinct animal.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    04-05-14 07:44 AM

Posted via My Beast Q10
    Well, considering their market share, one would assume that only one in about 200 smartphone users would be carrying a Blackberry. So it is a big deal.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-05-14 07:48 AM

Posted via My Beast Q10
    It's more like spotting a severely endangered species. I've never seen a BB10 device in the wild. And it's been a long time since I've seen a legacy.

Like taking a road trip and trying to find an Edsel.

04-05-14 07:51 AM
    It's more like spotting a severely endangered species. I've never seen a BB10 device in the wild. And it's been a long time since I've seen a legacy.

Like taking a road trip and trying to find an Edsel.

Sounds like you don't get out much. I see legacy devices on a daily basis. Can't say the same about BB10 devices, but I have seen quite a few out in the wild.

Note this isn't only in one region as I move quite a lot, so I don't think spotting a BlackBerry device is a highlight of the day.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    04-05-14 08:33 AM
    Financial district in Toronto.

A lot of Bold 9900s and more recently the people in my office are upgrading to the Q10. Out of the three that are eligible to upgrade they all chose the Q.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 08:53 AM
    Blackberry everywhere here in Nigeria but mostly the BB OS ppl now upgrading to Z 10 cuz is getting cheaper and I think the Z3 gonna make huge market here cuz of the price and ppl still love blackberry here in Nigeria.
    Was about to say the same thing! Nigeria remains strongly a BlackBerry nation!
    04-05-14 08:58 AM
    i drive for the mta in boston, and i see more 9900 s more than any other bb, at least 8 to ten a day.
    The thing that gives it away is

Silver bezel

Button on top

People using one handed
    04-05-14 09:02 AM
    Sounds like you don't get out much. I see legacy devices on a daily basis. Can't say the same about BB10 devices, but I have seen quite a few out in the wild.

Note this isn't only in one region as I move quite a lot, so I don't think spotting a BlackBerry device is a highlight of the day.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    I agree I see more legacy devices than BB10. But I guess you're right I'm not a typical BlackBerry user. I'm not a business executive so really airports are one of the few places I run into that crowd.

I guess I want BlackBerry to be commonly used by everyone. I think good marketing and total android support could convince teens and young adults that iPhone is what their grandparents use. BlackBerry could be totally reinvented to be the cool thing. The rebel thing. Kind of like how it used to be shameful to be a nerd or geek. Now it's great to be one.

In places where the common person hangs I just don't see BlackBerry. Most BlackBerry people I see with legacy devices are probably using BES and issued phones by their company.

But hey if you see a lot of BlackBerry in your travels I'm glad. I want BlackBerry to succeed.

04-05-14 09:47 AM
    It depends on the airport. Nowadays, I see lots of Bolds, and a Q10 of two at IAD or DCA, but rarely so in SFO.

This week at DCA, I saw many wall-huggers and checked out which phones they were using. John Chen was right .
    04-05-14 11:10 AM
    I am not sure about the point of this thread either - but to say that for a certain niche, BB is still in common use. Business people.
    And of those still using it, the 9900 model is the one that is probably seen most often. It was the flagship, it is a beautiful phone, people who use it are likely happy, or forced to by their companies.

That said, many of the folks that I see are dual phone people. When they are done with their emailing, they pull out something else.

If Blackberry where able to create a device (IMO - a really outstanding slider in the spirit of a modern day Torch - see my other posts on that) they could get these 9900 carrying people to upgrade to this, and potentially leave their iphones behind - or not feel the need to get a second phone.

Ideal Torch - full screen 4.5in, slider, does have belt at the bottom similar to the old Torch, made of titanium (yeah, it would be expensive, who give a sh!t), with all the goodies from the Z30 and a new processor. Snapdragon 801.
    04-05-14 11:14 AM
    I saw one of the retailers I often visit having a new collection of 9900 Al wrapped up in Gold bezels and selling hot here. They were used phones but the were nicely worked on. 9900 is one of the phone that will always look classy

Posted via CB10
    fryk likes this.
    04-05-14 11:36 AM
    this post brings me warm fuzzy feelings

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350
    04-05-14 11:41 AM
    I have to admit that my Bold was my favourite smart phone to date, narrowly passing my Z30. And it was simply because it was "old reliable". I didn't have the apps, granted, but I also didn't have to worry about my phone ever. It was always there when I needed it, and I never questioned that.

BB10 is a powerful candidate and shouldn't be simply disregarded, but I do agree with this article some what. I think BBRY needs to go back to Old Reliable, but modernize it to keep up with the market.
    04-05-14 11:45 AM
56 123