I was at a BB event yesterday where I got a demo of a Spotify app that is supposed to launch soon. I can't really say for sure but I think a public beta will be available in few days...

The little I saw of the app looked promising so I'm really eager to try it for myself..

As for the Android Player for QNX - this should be out within october is what I was told so heres hoping we will see it within the next 6 weeks.

Oh, and the 10" PlayBook is not dead folks its still gonna come but probably a bit after the QNX phone
    09-15-11 03:27 PM
    oh, and somewhere along the way an update will provide us with the ability to use the BB phones keyboard as the keyboard for the PB which i think is gonne be very cool!
    UrbanGlowCam and JR A like this.
    09-15-11 03:31 PM
    Awesome, spotify is one app I'd absolutely love on the pb!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-11 06:17 PM
    oh, and somewhere along the way an update will provide us with the ability to use the BB phones keyboard as the keyboard for the PB which i think is gonne be very cool!
    That would be really cool! Like a BlueTooth remote.
    09-17-11 09:41 PM
    lol man that feature better be in that 2.0 release....please jesus let it be in there. i will buy a 9900, for full price if i must (damn local carriers), on that very same day if that feature is in that release
    Last edited by Rello; 09-17-11 at 10:09 PM.
    09-17-11 10:01 PM
    Awesome, spotify is one app I'd absolutely love on the pb!!

I'm not too sure about the PB though - the app I got demoed was on a 9900

09-18-11 06:10 AM
    Nice!

I hope these actually happen. Been waiting for Spotify to come to BB. If it does, BBMusic is unnecessary and obsolete (dead).

And BB keyboard to be used with PB... NICE!
    09-18-11 10:41 AM
    Crap, just checked out what Spotify is.

Not available for people in Canada...
    Wretch 12 likes this.
    09-18-11 11:53 AM
    Nice!

I hope these actually happen. Been waiting for Spotify to come to BB. If it does, BBMusic is unnecessary and obsolete (dead).

If Spotify can tie into bbm and allow you to share playlists without actually adding people to bbm, like bbm music does, then I agree about bbm music being in trouble.
    09-18-11 12:03 PM
    Kbill - who the he l l cares if it ties into bbm? You get the entire catalogue. No need to beg for connections to be able to access scraps.

Come on, Spotify!

09-18-11 04:22 PM
    I care, obviously. Given that Spotify boasts about being able to share playlists with facebook friends, I'd say they care a bit too. At least I hope they do. Access to the entire catalog is great, but I want exposure to different kinds of music. 15 million song catalog is fine, but if I don't know what to look for, it doesn't help me. I have Spotify. I like Spotify. I've been using it since it launched in the US 2 months ago. I've heard a greater variety of music in 2 weeks on BBM Music than I have in 2 months on Spotify and It's all due to BBM integration. I can't convince my facebook friends to use Spotify. I don't need my BBM contacts to use BBM Music. Whether you like it or not, social integration is important to people.
    09-19-11 12:01 AM
    Been waiting for Spotify to come to BB. If it does, BBMusic is unnecessary and obsolete (dead).
    This.

Surprises me that BB would allow Spotify. Because you're completely right. Once BB users get a taste of it, they'll soon forget about BBM Music.
    09-19-11 12:10 AM
    I'm really not sure that RIM is in a position to deny popular services from making an app on their platform right now, though.. And its never stricken me as a company that likes to micro manage which apps are available either..

Spotify might make BBM music redundant for some people, but in the end - a Spotify app will make the plattform more appealing for people who miss good music streaming features...

Oh, and spotify is almost worldwide at present time, while BBM music is for the US and Canada

09-19-11 12:37 AM
    Since spotify is coming to blackberry, anybody want some spotify invite? I've about 10+ to give away. Let me know.
    09-19-11 10:14 AM
    I have 7 spotify invites. Send me a pm if you want one.
    Rello likes this.
    09-19-11 12:25 PM
    i'll take one if you would be so kind
    09-19-11 04:46 PM
    I'm eyeing a playbook once my netbook kicks the bucket, or maybe before that. It would be a handy dandy tablet.

09-19-11 06:04 PM
    Just sent out an invitation and found out I had 17, not 7. So I have 16 left. PM with your email address and I'll send them out first come first serve.
    09-19-11 08:57 PM
    Finally got an email back from Spotify, saying that there is nothing in the works for a BlackBerry app. Hmmmm....

09-20-11 12:17 AM
    Finally got an email back from Spotify, saying that there is nothing in the works for a BlackBerry app. Hmmmm....
    Trust me, its out there! I saw it on a 9900 of a RIM employee and on a 9860 used by someone who works for my carrier, so its out there and its OS7 ready

I can also tell you that this is a Spotify-developed app and not an app made by RIM (like facebook, twitter, google talk etc).

I thought that we might se a public beta by now but I guess we'll still have to wait and see..

What I was told, however, was that a international release through app world should arrive sometime in october.
    09-20-11 04:12 AM
    Nice!

I think the playlist sharing side of things is both better and more interesting with bbm music than it is on spotify so I'd still like it for that, but I wouldn't be bothered about the micro-managing side of it with track limits.

As far as the bb keyboard, that would be a nice feature, but another one i'd quite like to see would be using the touchscreen on your bb to control your pb as that would be great when you had it hooked up to your tv via the hdmi connection to save you needing to trail a long cable across the room.
    09-20-11 12:20 PM
    Kbill - who the he l l cares if it ties into bbm? You get the entire catalogue. No need to beg for connections to be able to access scraps.
    I wouldn't want to pay for the access to tracks, but I'd happily use the free version bbm music for discovering music, playlists etc as you'd have the best bit of the app without track limits then.
    09-20-11 12:22 PM
    Didn't Spotify claim they were already working on a BlackBerry app almost two years ago? I'll believe it when I see it.
    09-22-11 10:23 AM
    Thats what makes it simple for me to believe, I've alredy seen it

09-22-11 10:26 AM
    I would buy a 10 inch playbook if OS version 2.0 is as good as it sounds.

Waiting for Oct Dev con to hear stuff.
    09-22-11 01:12 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD