Post removed.
    Last edited by jrohland; 04-26-14 at 05:58 PM.
    03-27-14 01:52 PM
    Just this morning I used my Z30 on speaker phone to have an impromptu conference call and the call quality on speaker was perfect. People in the room were blown away...
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    03-27-14 02:41 PM
    Facetime audio (iPhone to iPhone) is extremely good, apparently even on EDGE. Regular phone call quality is not the best although not hideous either. The speaker output makes me cringe.
    KDB84 likes this.
    03-27-14 02:47 PM
    I wrote about this in the conversion thread, but my father borrowed my Z10 for a call and was almost over-the-top impressed with the call quality.

He had an iPhone 4 and thought that all cell phones were just unpleasant to talk on. The end result is that he has ordered a Q5.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 02:53 PM
    You realize that any iPhone before the 5 is at least 3 years old. That's like saying "Blackberry browsers sucks" and judging it based on OS7 and below. The call quality of the iPhone has vastly improved over the years and with the 5 and 5S is as good as any phone on the market IMO.
    03-27-14 03:09 PM
    You realize that any iPhone before the 5 is at least 3 years old. That's like saying "Blackberry browsers sucks" and judging it based on OS7 and below. The call quality of the iPhone has vastly improved over the years and with the 5 and 5S is as good as any phone on the market IMO.
    Don't they release every 6 months or so? They are currently on 5s.. then there was 5, and that's it

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    03-27-14 03:57 PM
    Try old BlackBerry 9860. It is same vintage :-). Tell me what you think after. Enjoy.

Posted via CB10
    drknobs and GRojasHruska like this.
    03-27-14 04:06 PM
    Would take the call quality of my wife os6 torch over my work issued iPhone 4s anyday!!!!!!

Age has nothing to do with it! Iphone has horrible quality.

Hate solves nothing, Respect gains everything!
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    03-27-14 04:14 PM
    Strange my very first BlackBerry sounded at least as good as current iPhones. Maybe it's the difference between building a phone then adding other features, and building a iPod then adding a phone to it.
    This! You nailed it!

03-27-14 04:15 PM
    Don't they release every 6 months or so? They are currently on 5s.. then there was 5, and that's it

Yes those are the only two phones apple has ever released.
    03-27-14 04:16 PM
    Would take the call quality of my wife os6 torch over my work issued iPhone 4s anyday!!!!!!

Age has nothing to do with it! Iphone has horrible quality.

Again, the 4S is 3 years old. I'm not saying it's the best, all I said is that it's improved.
    03-27-14 04:18 PM
    The vast majority of my voice calls are at work on a desk phone. The call quality is fine. Until recently most of my other calls are between my lady and I. We have had BlackBerrys for many years and never paid any attention to phone call audio as it was always fine. We use BBM voice and video much more now and the quality is outstanding.

I've recently had several different family situations in which I'm spending much more time on mobile voice calls. Since nearly every one of the people with whom I speak have iPhones (75%) and Samsumg (24.9%), I'm spending much more time listening to those phones in voice calls. Conclusion? The iPhone is pathetic. Especially the pre 5 models. I seriously wonder what those people would think if they used a BB10 to make calls. Would they realize just how terrible the iPhone is at that? The Samsung phones and to a lesser extent the iP5 phones are OK. The tone is tinny and cheap sounding but it is understandable. I cringe when I see a call coming from one of my contacts who I know has an iP4. They sound horrendous.

I do hope those of us with BB10 phones know how good we have it.
    Not evereybody thinks like you, the whant bright screens, lots of apps and a brand that makes them feel good about themselvs, that is why thay buy Samsung (spec) or i-Phone (brand).
    GRojasHruska and jakie55 like this.
    03-27-14 04:38 PM
    Not evereybody thinks like you, the whant bright screens, lots of apps and a brand that makes them feel good about themselvs, that is why thay buy Samsung (spec) or i-Phone (brand).

I don't think the OP was disputing any of that. The post was specifically about call quality.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10

EDIT: I originally just glanced at your post and missed the sarcasm that was dripping from it. Cheers!
    Last edited by tmf06; 03-27-14 at 05:29 PM.
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    03-27-14 04:47 PM
    I hear you, OP (pun intended)! Just this week I had to host some impromptu Emergency meetings with important customers. Their new conference phone wasn't hooked up yet so we used my Z10 for the first 45 minute session, all was loud and clear for all 7 of us. Next session I tried using the company issue iphone. Totally unintelligible and we had to switch back to the Z10, to everyone's relief. Next day, the customer had a standard multiline speaker phone, not as bad as the iPhone but since I was closest to it I had to repeat a lot of what was said and it was nowhere as clear as the Z10.
    At the end of the second meeting I couldn't help myself, I held up the two phones and ID-ed each one, as most of the clients had switched from BB to iPhone not too long ago.
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    03-27-14 05:08 PM
    Yes those are the only two phones apple has ever released.
    And then you are back to the 4s... which is definitely not 3 years ago

GRojasHruska likes this.
    03-27-14 05:17 PM
    And then you are back to the 4s... which is definitely not 3 years ago

The 4S was released in 2011.
    03-27-14 05:17 PM
    The 4S was released in 2011.
    Slightly more than 1 year before the z10.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    03-27-14 05:30 PM
    Bb10 devices uses the same qualcomm radio chipsets as many android devices (they stopped using their own product from the wireless group). Who knows they may have better mics or speakers but fundamentally it's no different to other phones. This lack of differentiation will continue when the Foxconn phones come out. The inevitable price to be paid for cutting costs.
    03-27-14 05:34 PM
    Paratek antenna... among other patented tech...
    03-27-14 05:48 PM
    My 9900 had call quality second only to my Z30

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 06:05 PM
    i used to be a Nokia lover before i jumped to BBRY. almost every Nokia phone i used to have, the earpiece was banging loud but sometimes it was just too like.. you were speaking into a pipe, i could hear the caller's voice but sometimes the base tone hindered the main voice. but calling with Nokia phones on speakerphone, until today i'm very impressed with how the mic performs.

jumping over to BBRY here. my first BBRY, the bold 9000. excellent earpiece, excellent handset microphone but when it was so terribly sad when i put on the speakerphone, the other end complained my voice was so choppy. however since the 9700-9780-9900 that problem has been mitigated seriously by RIMM but still, the call quality on the handheld side was brilliant, i had no problems at all calling people even in any situation (busy environment with lots of background noise, inside an empty room, in a hall, or even in a bathroom :P). the balance of the treble and the base was just.. perfect for me so i never had that "talking to a pipe" issue.

jumping to BB10 now. since the introduction of the HD voice, that has brought my call experience in BB even better. no static, no choppy voice, everything is just.. perfect, starting from the Z10. but with the Z30, ok i admit, pre-10.2.1 there was a bit of issue with the earpiece volume, i sometimes had quite some difficulties with the earpiece volume as it wasn't that BB loud compared to the Z10 or other BB10 phones but since the 10.2.1 OS, it is now on a par with its siblings now. BB standard of a loud & clear call quality AND.. seems the 10.2.1 also has brought an improvement to the speakerphone mic handling capability as well so i can now talk using a speakerphone while i'm driving and most of the time, the other end doesn't realise i'm talking to them on a speaker phone, they think i'm just outside, brilliant isn't it? not to mention the BB Natural Sound for BBM, that's also... WOW. it makes me so lazy to turn on my Skype!

i've tried calling using the iphone or the galaxy. on the iphone, i just feel that the treble is too dominant whereas with the galaxy, it's just like i'm talking on a hollow glass tube with a lot of resonance, yes it's loud, sometimes it's louder than the Z30's earpiece but i have trouble in comprehending the other end's saying. with the Lumia, as i have a Lumia as well, it's quite improved but still the base is quite dominant during the call.

well, that's from my view..
    03-27-14 06:44 PM
    I wrote about this in the conversion thread, but my father borrowed my Z10 for a call and was almost over-the-top impressed with the call quality.

He had an iPhone 4 and thought that all cell phones were just unpleasant to talk on. The end result is that he has ordered a Q5.

Posted via CB10
    Lol my dad is the same right now. Had a work iPhone and now he is using my mom's Samsung, he can't wait to get a hold of the new Z30.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 06:46 PM
    Facetime audio (iPhone to iPhone) is extremely good, apparently even on EDGE. Regular phone call quality is not the best although not hideous either. The speaker output makes me cringe.
    Really? I'm jealous. BBM quality (BB10 to iOS) is pretty poor. Even over good wifi (both connections). Clarity is great, but reliability is very poor.

I guess I need a friend with a BB.
    03-27-14 06:52 PM

It's Donnation. Iphones are perfect.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 07:03 PM
    It's Donnation. Iphones are perfect.

Posted via CB10
    Lol I've seen him defend BlackBerry a few times but seems really knowledgeable about apple. I was just shocked to see that because there's no way the phones before the iphone5 are really anywhere that old

03-27-14 08:11 PM
27 12