Can someone explain if these tests are representative of good, middling, or poor speed. Not a world turning issue and I have no issues with the browser performance on this or any other BlackBerry I have owned. I've never paid much attention to speedtests so I'm just curious.

The first report is at 3G speed. The second is at EDGE (2G)

01-19-11 10:20 AM
    Yeah, I would like to know as well.
    01-19-11 10:26 AM
    Can someone explain if these tests are representative of good, middling, or poor speed. Not a world turning issue and I have no issues with the browser performance on this or any other BlackBerry I have owned. I've never paid much attention to speedtests so I'm just curious.

The first report is at 3G speed. The second is at EDGE (2G)

3G:
    Average: 3.1Mb
    Max download: 7.8 Mb
    Average upload: 6.4 Mb
    Max upload: 14.7 Mb

2G:
    Average: 1.3 Mb
    Max download: 6.5 Mb
    Average upload: 2.0 Mb
    Max upload: 8.4 Mb

Looks to me to be about what's touted for 3G/2G speeds, middle to high range from what I gather.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-11 01:41 PM
    Wow, I've never had that kind of speed on 2G. I'm lucky to get a few hundred Kbits per second download speed on EDGE.
    01-19-11 01:58 PM
    3G:
    Average: 3.1Mb
    Max download: 7.8 Mb
    Average upload: 6.4 Mb
    Max upload: 14.7 Mb

2G:
    Average: 1.3 Mb
    Max download: 6.5 Mb
    Average upload: 2.0 Mb
    Max upload: 8.4 Mb

Looks to me to be about what's touted for 3G/2G speeds, middle to high range from what I gather.
    Thanks. I appreciate your posting the baselines. That is very helpful
    01-19-11 02:20 PM
    Thanks. I appreciate your posting the baselines. That is very helpful
    I just coverted your numbers to mbits as the carriers go by that, when I googled to see what speeds were "normal" I kept hitting descriptions that didn't include what the numbers were by carrier. Maybe I wasn't asking the right question but still didn't hit what I was looking for after a few minutes, so just posted the conversions lol

Btw where'd you pick up that speedtest? I can't find the one I used to have.

01-19-11 05:12 PM
    @genomos The speedtest I used is part of the Fixmo suite. Great app and I view it as a "must have".
    01-20-11 08:17 AM
    I actually still have the old standalone Speedtest app. Love it and I don't really find the need for the whole Fixmo Suite. Maybe someday I'll look into it, I'm just not interested yet.

As for the EDGE speeds, those are past the theoritical max, so I'm not sure where you got those numbers. Seems more like a WiFi and 3G test. But even then I'm not sure you can get those kind of upload speeds on 3G.
    01-20-11 02:05 PM
    Browse with your phone to:

Speed Test : upload and download | DSLReports.com, ISP Information

Scroll down to this one for Blackberry, iPhone, Android, etc.:

iPhone speedtest

Other useful speed tests to be found at the first link as well.
    01-20-11 02:34 PM
    @genomos The speedtest I used is part of the Fixmo suite. Great app and I view it as a "must have".
    Been using the trial since you said that, liking so far.

I actually still have the old standalone Speedtest app. Love it and I don't really find the need for the whole Fixmo Suite. Maybe someday I'll look into it, I'm just not interested yet.

As for the EDGE speeds, those are past the theoritical max, so I'm not sure where you got those numbers. Seems more like a WiFi and 3G test. But even then I'm not sure you can get those kind of upload speeds on 3G.
    That's the speedtest I used to have; looks to be unavailable now though.

01-21-11 05:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD