Can any one try to quantify the speed differences one gets with a Wi-Fi enabled BB versus a standard connection. I have heard so many different reports, some saying that there is little to no difference. I would be using an unlocked TMobile 8320 on the ATT system.
    Last edited by rextilleon; 12-15-07 at 08:56 AM.
    12-15-07 08:20 AM
    There is no such thing as a T-Mobile 8130. Do you mean an 8320 Curve?
    12-15-07 08:47 AM
    Yes, my mistake, the 8320.
    12-15-07 08:56 AM
    Is it as fast as your laptop? Nope. There are some delays there. I have found by setting my browser type to WiFi there is a significant speed increase. I really see the difference when doing OTA software installs. I pretty much use the WiFi everyday here in my home office. So when I am out browsing on the EDGE network, I feel a significant slowdown.
    12-15-07 09:07 AM
    I agree! I love WiFi!!
    12-15-07 09:41 AM
    Thanks guys----I'm torn. If there is an appreciable difference I will take the leap.
    12-15-07 12:01 PM
    I really wish I could speak from experience on this one, but my carrier does NOT offer a WiFi enabled BB as of yet, but I have seen conflicting reports on numerous occasions as to the speed of WiFi on the BB devices.
    12-16-07 09:00 AM
    if you set it up for wifi when your in a wifi zone it way faster. if you forget to set it up its its slow. some tims ill be about to reset my modem or phone the rember to change the setting. i hope they come out with an auto way for that or, if they have it can some one help me
    12-18-07 02:06 PM
    I have a question as to how to switch my browser from the standard browser to the wifi one. I'm sure this would speed up my loading times. I do notice a big difference when sending and receiving emails over the wifi network and would also like to change my browser settings to wifi when I'm in range. If someone could let me know that'd be great. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-07 10:21 PM
    right now the only way i know to change the setting is going to internet options and changing in general options to use the wifi browser
    12-21-07 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD