( i posted this in the 'stock' thread, but now figure it warrents it's own thread. )

i just stopped in at my local Rogers store in an attempt to shake down the employees for some BB10 info.

an employee there said he is going to go for training for the Z10 in the near future, but that is all he knows.
    he said, he last went for training for the iPhone 3 a week before that hit the shelves. that gave him a full week to play with the phone before trying to showcase it to potential customers.
    he speculated, that, after his training with the Z10, the phones will be available a week later?

said he will text me when he knows the training day.
    i will report back when i get that text.
    ---------

follow up:
    no sooner than i posted the above, he texted me. he said he just got word, his training begins Jan 24th. if the 1 week time frame is consistant, the phones will be on the shelves jan 31st!

he said he will text me if pricing is discovered during that training.
    Vorkosigan, zyben, fedakd and 4 others like this.
    01-21-13 03:44 PM
    ( i posted this in the 'stock' thread, but now figure it warrents it's own thread. )

i just stopped in at my local Rogers store in an attempt to shake down the employees for some BB10 info.

an employee there said he is going to go for training for the Z10 in the near future, but that is all he knows.
    he said, he last went for training for the iPhone 3 a week before that hit the shelves. that gave him a full week to play with the phone before trying to showcase it to potential customers.
    he speculated, that, after his training with the Z10, the phones will be available a week later?

said he will text me when he knows the training day.
    i will report back when i get that text.
    ---------

follow up:
    no sooner than i posted the above, he texted me. he said he just got word, his training begins Jan 24th. if the 1 week time frame is consistant, the phones will be on the shelves jan 31st!

he said he will text me if pricing is discovered during that training.
    Good stuff. Nice that he actually followed through and texted like he said he would.
    01-21-13 03:50 PM
    yes. and when he goes this thursday, if he finds out pricing, he will text me that info, too!
    01-21-13 03:52 PM
    I doubt they'll let him know that but hey, ya never know....
    01-21-13 03:54 PM
    Well it would be nice to get mine on the 31st as I have mine pre ordered through Rogers

Sent from my BlackBerry Laguna using Tapatalk 2
    01-21-13 05:12 PM
    What did it cost to pre-order/reserve?
    01-21-13 06:01 PM
    My cousin works at future shop, who just told me they are beginning training on BB10.
    A blackberry rep will be in soon ( not sure the date ), to train everyone in the ways of BB10.
    Also, he's heard the price will be $100-$150 range on a 3-year term and $800 without contract.

Again, this is all speculation, but music to my ears.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-21-13 06:30 PM
    $800 off-contract seems a little steep, I doubt it'll be that high. $700 is the most I'd expect. The 3-year contract price seems reasonable though, but the 31st on-sale date seems rather unlikely. It's not impossible however, so I guess we'll have to wait and see. But if they're beginning training on the 24th, it certainly can't be a long wait till they go on sale, so this is good news in any case!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-21-13 06:49 PM
    My cousin works at a Waterloo future shop. He bbm'd me to say a RIM employee ,who claimed to work in app development, just came in with a Z10 in hand. He said the employees who noticed were in awe, as it was "the sexiest phone" he'd ever seen. Said the browser was lightning fast.

While nothing new, its cool hearing the reaction of employees who are familiar with every phone on the market.

Good sign.
    01-21-13 07:16 PM
    This is similar to what I experienced at Future Shop in Calgary (where I work). A RIM rep came in and told us about a Road Show that we could go to on the 28th. This road show is the RIM show as well not a carrier specific training, so it could be in line with the training in Ontario, might be they are just scheduled on the 24th
    01-21-13 07:33 PM
    Awesomeness....I am going to take the hit and buy "off contract"....want the freedom to grab their next offering when released next year.
    01-21-13 09:00 PM
    My Rogers contact just texted me;
    He's still in BB10 training, and it will be available FEB 5th.
    No price mentioned to him yet.
    Superfly_FR and silversun10 like this.
    01-25-13 09:36 AM
    He also said, they are doing away with the @blackberry.net emails.
    Not sure if that's been mentioned?
    Said they will forward the emails for 1 year before totally discontinuance.
    01-25-13 09:45 AM
    I hope it's the same for Telus too!
    01-25-13 09:47 AM
    Oh, and I was mistaken. He is no longer in training. It was just yesterday. He didn't get a handset or any hands on time. Just slideshows.
    01-25-13 09:47 AM
    I stopped by four different stores/carriers, and got a different answer. These employees know squat, and are guessing or passing on rumors.
    01-25-13 10:10 AM