02-21-13 10:43 AM
60 123
tools
    Generally - the training starts 3 weeks prior to the release of the product.....
    ...The AT&T store Mgr I spoke with witnessed the Z10 in action via one of the testers.
    ...And was very excited about this specific product launching.

Now, we all know that things can change when it comes to 'the time' a new gadget is released....
    ...And this Z10 is no different - I'm betting AT&T starts selling it around the time frame the Mgr I talked to said it would.
    ...There is nothing to get upset over if this ends up being the time - it only gives BB more time to shore up their App gap.
    ...And that is a GOOD THING by anyones standards.
    The problem with that is most devs aren't going to build unless the phone is already available in the U.S. a ton of devs are waiting to see how it sells here before making a decision. The phones need to be out asap and waiting for apps is not an option.
    02-20-13 07:57 PM
    ...and yet... You are not going to get one in April... I hear May now...
    02-20-13 09:10 PM
    The problem with that is most devs aren't going to build unless the phone is already available in the U.S. a ton of devs are waiting to see how it sells here before making a decision. The phones need to be out asap and waiting for apps is not an option.
    You certainly have a point there - however I've always maintained that if the two big Apps ( Netflix & Skype ) hit the Playbook / Blackberry 10....
    ...THAT by itself will cause everything else to fall into place.
    ...Siimply because those two Apps clearly identify "mainstream" according to the vast majority.

In other words IF RIM can secure those heavy hitter Apps everyone else will simply jump on it.....
    ...It would just be another example of follow the leader.

In the consumer's mind - if an Android or Apple Phone can use Skype or Netflix it's a given that the companies Tablet CAN....
    ...Those devices ( whether we like it or not ) have been judged / graded by the public by what they CAN DO.
    ...Whereas RIM's products have been judged by what they CAN'T DO.

The market determines 'Value' thus the market is driven by the majority & what they deem is of value.....
    ...RIM lost nearly 100% sight of that ( based of f the percentage of lost market share ).
    ...The Playbook launched nearly two years ago and the fact that it still can't run either Skype or Netflix should be a serious wake up call for us.
    ...As a huge BB fan I mean that with the most respect but rest assured I do mean it.

If I were to guess, if I was in the position BB is in I would do about anything to get those big name Apps on my platform....
    ...That is what will change the publics view on what Blackberry is all about.
    ...The way it is now who would want to exercise BYOD on a product that can't do the two most popular things one does on a BYOD device?
    02-20-13 09:53 PM
    Apps, Apps, Apps! I am so sick of hearing about what apps are missing on the BB10 platform! I could care less about the damn apps, release the phone for sale here in the U.S already!!!!!!!!!
    02-20-13 09:59 PM
    Apps, Apps, Apps! I am so sick of hearing about what apps are missing on the BB10 platform! I could care less about the damn apps, release the phone for sale here in the U.S already!!!!!!!!!

I'm with ya. Phone first, then apps. If you make it, they will come. Us long time BB users didn't have no stinkin apps before. They're a side show.
    westiewanderer likes this.
    02-21-13 07:26 AM
    So cute to see the anticipation. I remember those days. Now I get to see my z10 everyday
    Talk about rubbing it in...
    westiewanderer likes this.
    02-21-13 08:26 AM
    If it turns out to be the end of April the Z10 will be a huge flop in the US.
    #armchairCEO talk ...
    02-21-13 08:28 AM
    If they don't have the apps, they will get crucified by the media (even more than they have been already) for not having the apps.
    02-21-13 08:29 AM
    My thinking Is BB needs to get the devices in users hands NOW, regardless of missing apps! A BB user with a z10 in his/her HAND will be much more patient in waiting for apps then he/she will be in waiting just to get the device!! If they release the z10 that late...they are going to start losing even the most ardent BB lovers...GRRRRRRR!!
    02-21-13 08:39 AM
    Every day it doesn't release in the US, is a day closer to HTC launching new phone (event tomorrow), Samsung GS4 (mid March press event and possible April launch), MWC, etc. If they had been able to execute US launch on January 30th, they would have had almost two months of being the only new game in town, now they are going to be in the middle of a bunch of noise. Picking up people from other platforms in the US will get harder and harder as those product announcement and refreshes get closer. BlackBerry has had almost two years with the PlayBook to get big name apps out, and over 6 months of Dev Alphas to do the same. They've had two delays of the actual BB10 OS and phones too of almost a year. Blame the carriers all you want, but Apple can announce the phone and have it on every major carrier of their choice in the US two weeks later. BlackBerry continues to have an issue with execution in all phases of their business, and they need to address this issue real soon if they plan to be a player in the smartphone market.
    As true as this may seem, comparing Apple and BlackBerry is not a true look at what is causing the delay here in the States. Point being is that Apple states to the carriers when the devices will be released, they do their own testing in place of the carriers. I mean you never hear anything about their device going through FCC until they have been announced. BB40 device were in the hands of the FCC in late Nov early Dec, so what is holding things up. Can't be BlackBerry holding it up, not supply (how dumb would it be to only make enough devices for a three country release ). This is a carrier thing, point in case the HTC device was announced yesterday and AT&T, T-Mobile, And Sprint all have a time line for a release date, but those same carriers have yet go even give more info on the BlackBerry device(s). I will admit something at right and it smells like carries are up to something.
    02-21-13 10:43 AM
60 123