I was at the AT&T store that mainly services our business devices this morning and talked to the Manager...
    ...He was VERY excited about the Z10 and said didn't know the exact day.
    ...But was told it would between the 15th and end of the month ( that's April ).

My bet is that Blackberry will have secured the two heavy hitter apps they are missing by then and things will start to turn around!
    02-18-13 01:16 PM
    another full 2 months before release on att is what you are saying?
    02-18-13 01:28 PM
    I was at the AT&T store that mainly services our business devices this morning and talked to the Manager...
    ...He was VERY excited about the Z10 and said didn't know the exact day.
    ...But was told it would between the 15th and end of the month ( that's April ).
    April 15th is a long time away. Say it isn't so, Joe.
    02-18-13 01:41 PM
    Wow, That just sucks that 2 "heavy hitter" apps (Skype & whatever the other is, Netflix or Instagram) can hold up a launch in the US. I can't imagine the uproar if BB10 doesn't have them tho>
    02-18-13 01:47 PM
    That seems to run counter to the March release date in the US for the Z10 as announced during the BB10 launch event. Could the guy have mixed up devices, and the Q10 may be launching in April?
    02-18-13 01:47 PM
    I don't read that as the last half of April--I read it as between March 15th and the end of the month (April). Which is consistent with what has always been said.
    02-18-13 03:13 PM
    Wow, That just sucks that 2 "heavy hitter" apps (Skype & whatever the other is, Netflix or Instagram) can hold up a launch in the US. I can't imagine the uproar if BB10 doesn't have them tho>
    He never said that the two apps were holding up the launch
    02-18-13 03:16 PM
    That is Q1 and the end of March we heard from New York on Jan 30 is it not??? So sometime between March 15 and March 31...sounds like just what we were told from BlackBerry...hum...
    02-18-13 03:31 PM
    I'm not saying that's the reason for the hold up as I don't know the reasons....
    ...I'm just saying that the more big name apps that are there when it does launch, the better!
    ...And that we know for sure that those apps are not currently offered on the Z10 where it has released.

All the areas where the Z10 has released have been solid RIM markets so it was smart that they did it that way...
    ...The critical market is the U.S. and they simply can't afford to show up light in this market.

I think it's a good thing - if Netflix is there on March 1st I would agree that they they should start selling them on the 2nd....
    ...If not then I say later is better.
    Turnda643 likes this.
    02-18-13 05:44 PM
    That is Q1 and the end of March we heard from New York on Jan 30 is it not??? So sometime between March 15 and March 31...sounds like just what we were told from BlackBerry...hum...
    The AT&T store manager was clear that it would be available to purchse sometime between April 15 and the end of April...
    ...I can say that this guy was excited about the device - he has witnessed it working on AT&T already.
    02-18-13 05:48 PM
    If this is true........SMH
    02-18-13 05:51 PM
    IMO he was confused with the Q10.

I heard from ATT corporate March for the Z10 and April for the Q10, which is consistent with every other report.
    02-18-13 05:56 PM
    I'm going to take my Z10 into the local AT&T store tomorrow and see what they tell me...
    02-18-13 05:58 PM
    Every day that goes by from now until the actual launch here in the U.S....
    ...Is another day of time for Blackberry to get those heavy hitter apps working on it's new device.
    ...This is a good thing people.

Almost every review that's been linked here on crackberry that's been negative against RIM....
    ...Has listed the primary reason being "a lack of the big name Apps".
    ....RIM has built it's most kick *** weapon ever and just needs a little more time to get those big names onboard.

Everything is in place and all of us need ( want ) RIM to bring a heavyweight fighter into the ring....
    ...This BB10 OS is just that heavyweight - it just needs a few more big name apps.
    ...At least in the U.S. it does - that will shut up the negative press in that primary area.
    02-18-13 05:59 PM
    Every day that goes by from now until the actual launch here in the U.S....
    ...Is another day of time for Blackberry to get those heavy hitter apps working on it's new device.
    ...This is a good thing people.

Almost every review that's been linked here on crackberry that's been negative against RIM....
    ...Has listed the primary reason being "a lack of the big name Apps".
    ....RIM has built it's most kick *** weapon ever and just needs a little more time to get those big names onboard.

Everything is in place and all of us need ( want ) RIM to bring a heavyweight fighter into the ring....
    ...This BB10 OS is just that heavyweight - it just needs a few more big name apps.
    ...At least in the U.S. it does - that will shut up the negative press in that primary area.
    Sorry but every day that goes by in the US is equal to hundreds of lost sales, maybe thousands each and every day. If it turns out to be the end of April the Z10 will be a huge flop in the US. Too many devices will come on its heels and the buzz generated by the launch is already fading fast and fades more and more each day. Sad, but true.
    02-18-13 06:45 PM
    They are mistaken. Will be released at the end of March.
    02-18-13 06:50 PM
    Sorry but every day that goes by in the US is equal to hundreds of lost sales, maybe thousands each and every day. If it turns out to be the end of April the Z10 will be a huge flop in the US. Too many devices will come on its heels and the buzz generated by the launch is already fading fast and fades more and more each day. Sad, but true.
    There is no doubt that RIM is in a tough spot, I've watched what happened at the company I work for...
    ...Everyone on a smart phone used to be on a Berry and now only two of us remain.
    ...That's out of approx 80 people.

What put RIM into this trouble was relasing app weak phones year after year...
    ...This is what they have to change if they want to climb out of this mess.
    ...Even the people who write nasty things about RIM always praise the quality of their hardware so that isn't the issue.

The Playbook hurt RIM more than it helped it in my view - it allowed the word to get out that RIM had a tablet....
    ...And like it's phones - the Tablet couldn't do the things the ipad and Android tablets could do.
    ...Essentially, instead of complimenting each other the two devices insulted each other.

Look at the Playbook, it's built like a tank, perfect size and has the best U.I. of any Tablet....
    ...Unfortunately despite all that the Tablet isn't functional compared to the other tablets out there.
    ...Everyone I know with an ipad has Netflix and Skype loaded on it - every single one.

Now, we are in the eve of yet another new product launch from RIM and what's changed?
    ...RIM always built products with amazing quality and style so we can't fault that.
    ..."Touch screen"? Big deal - that's old hat already.

Even if RIM looses thousands more customers by waiting a couple extra months that would be better....
    ...Then releasing another new OS that still can't run the two most popular apps in North America.
    ...Blackberry 10 looks to be all there EXCEPT for two apps and those two are Skype and Netflix.
    ...Of course there are others but those two are household names - they need to be there.
    OMGitworks and Turnda643 like this.
    02-18-13 07:01 PM
    Save you taxes when bbry z10 comes out.
    02-18-13 07:43 PM
    Every day it doesn't release in the US, is a day closer to HTC launching new phone (event tomorrow), Samsung GS4 (mid March press event and possible April launch), MWC, etc. If they had been able to execute US launch on January 30th, they would have had almost two months of being the only new game in town, now they are going to be in the middle of a bunch of noise. Picking up people from other platforms in the US will get harder and harder as those product announcement and refreshes get closer. BlackBerry has had almost two years with the PlayBook to get big name apps out, and over 6 months of Dev Alphas to do the same. They've had two delays of the actual BB10 OS and phones too of almost a year. Blame the carriers all you want, but Apple can announce the phone and have it on every major carrier of their choice in the US two weeks later. BlackBerry continues to have an issue with execution in all phases of their business, and they need to address this issue real soon if they plan to be a player in the smartphone market.
    H_O_Boomaye likes this.
    02-18-13 09:23 PM
    Well, whatever. Order your Z10 from eBay and save your upgrade for the Z10 through your carrier then sell it online.
    02-18-13 09:38 PM
    That seems to run counter to the March release date in the US for the Z10 as announced during the BB10 launch event. Could the guy have mixed up devices, and the Q10 may be launching in April?
    the only problem here is that there has been no imformation what so ever to support anything earlier than end of march, no presale info from any carrier, no coming soon advertisements, no information from carriers no nothing.. not looking good in the US and its sad because I want one... smh
    02-18-13 09:38 PM
    *sigh*

I feel like this guy is all over the Q10...as long as I have a Z10 by Mar 31st AT&T's Headquarters will be fully intact..if not I'm gathering matches and gas.
    02-18-13 09:43 PM
    *sigh*

I feel like this guy is all over the Q10...as long as I have a Z10 by Mar 31st AT&T's Headquarters will be fully intact..if not I'm gathering matches and gas.
    GASP!

LOL!
    iToya likes this.
    02-18-13 10:03 PM
    went into Verizon store today to discuss a tablet issue and asked manager about z10release he said training starts in March phones will be out end of March confidently

R.S.B
    02-18-13 10:08 PM
    *sigh*

Typical BB user. Us Android users have a flamethrower app on the Play Store.

Just kidding! Thought your comment was hilarious!
    02-18-13 10:16 PM
60 123