Sony and Panasonic have come together to release produce OLED screens in 2013

Hmmm

That and the fact we haven't heard about a PS4 becasue they need a "hardware leap"
    when they've already been designing PS4 games?

2013 wait for it
    The dinosaurs in the room are getting pissed these little kids are OWNING their turf. Expect big moves, Sony must compete with what Microsoft is leveraging with Windows 8. Sony has NOT been named as one of their partners as of yet. Again Sony makes so many products from TV's to Laptops, imagine the the power when tied to the QNX platform? Hate my Sony Google TV works slow as .... I often plug my playbook in over HDMI and render the Playbook OS on that TV rather than the Google TV UI, which is more than cumbersome.
    Sony has always been about quality picture taking, which if a licensing deal went down would buffer BB10 and research in motion against Nokia/Microsofts pending Scalado acquisition (yes I know it's not an outright buy but whutever)

Beyond that RIM needs to offer a centralized store for content like their competitors. Or are we going to have to make multiple logins to access stores of different content? Doubt it. Blackberry ID will probably be useful w/ BB10. Sony will be able to help in this regard as well. Overall both platforms could benefit from each other. More so than other partnership deals which seem to support the partner more than RIM. This is assuming that BB10 is as state of the art as all CB nation hopes

Sound off in the comment, I realize this thread as been made before but common! XBOX 720 out by Christmas 2013. Meaning what for Playstation/ Sony? The first XBOX already beat the PS3 to market, do they really want that to happen again? Doubt it

Send your sources start pestering SONY,
    LG+Samsung (Korean) will keep supporting Android
    Sony and RIM purporting BB10
    And Iphone with iOS

sound off in the comments
    06-29-12 08:41 AM
    Micheal jackson will license thriller to billie jean...
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    06-29-12 08:46 AM
    QNX (not BB10) is certainly an OS of choice for any multimedia connected device. It is also intended for licensing, by nature.
    Sony? Samsung? Phillips? ... you can name them all, but actually, I didn't find any clue of hardware licensing.
    06-29-12 08:54 AM
    Sony just came out with a xperia ion 2.3.7 gingerbread....
    specs?

The Xperia ion is powered by a 1.5GHz dual-core processor and 1GB of RAM, but unlike most other LTE phones in the market it's using an MSM8260 Qualcomm S3 processor instead of the S4.

If anything it seems like they're testing hardware
    06-29-12 09:00 AM
    Thor said he wanted the phones to be perfect. To be honest, I wouldn't put it past RIM to be hiding something, a licensing deal would be good business and press coverage.
    06-29-12 09:02 AM
    lol? sony is in worse shape than RIM lol by a large margin
    06-29-12 09:04 AM
    @ Villain79

maybe in the cell space, but not overall
    06-29-12 09:06 AM
    @ Villain79

maybe in the cell space, but not overall
    no not even speaking on the mobile market.... the company has been sinking as a whole lol. company is still worth more but 4 years straight the company as a whole has been posting losses.

sony posted its 4th annual loss which was 5.7 billion loss...
    06-29-12 09:17 AM
    06-29-12 09:22 AM
    Rim partnering with another failing company... media would have a field day with that.

Samsung is the only vendor Rim should partner with... they've proven they can make a device that competes with Apple.
    06-29-12 10:23 AM
    This is the silliest idea I have heard in a while. RIM can't license BB OS 10 to anyone until they can finish it.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-29-12 11:57 AM
    BB10???

How does a company license something that doesn't exist?
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-29-12 11:58 AM
    BB10???
    read.my.lips.
    they will NOT license BB10 as a phone OS. Never.
    QNX is made for.
    06-29-12 12:02 PM
    read.my.lips.
    QNX is made for.
    Read the title of the thread.
    06-29-12 12:08 PM
    read.my.lips.
    QNX is made for.
    Don't count on that. At this point, a licensing partner is absolutely the best hope RIM has.

My favorite speculation is around Samsung. Sammy's not totally happy with Android, and wants to lessen its dependence. Yes, it's working on Tizen, but here's my "dream" scenario:

-Samsung takes a significant minority stake in RIM (30-45%). Why would they do this? They get access to RIM's network, it gives them a talented R&D presence in North America, and it buys them some instant credibility in Enterprise Mobility. Why a minority stake instead of an outright buy? Eliminates the issue of tangles with Canadian regulators.

-Samsung then licenses BB10 in a sweetheart deal (which they'd deserve; after all, they're saving the company). Such a deal suddenly makes BB10 much more attractive to developers, since they know there will be a secure partner backing it. GUARANTEED, Netflix and Skype will quickly announce their enthusiastic support.

-RIM launches its own BB10 phone, which would represent the high end. Samsung would produce "Curve-class" phones for mass-market consumption. Of course, Samsung's would also have access to BBM.

-Samsung and RIM might later consider partnering to produce a more user-friendly BES/Fusion.

RIM needs a partner. It's the easiest, quickest way to buy back some credibility in the industry.
    06-29-12 12:57 PM
    What about FaceBook? They do have plan to launch their own mobile network with their own ecosystem... but I guess not yet decided which platform they are going to use...

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    06-29-12 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD