Just got a beta invite to download Blackberry Navigator 1.0.. When downloading it mentioned that it was reolacing gokivo which I already had installed. Seems like rim bought them. RIM is really beefing up blackberry. Good stuff. Only available for the united kingdom though.
    01-03-13 03:02 PM
    Why does that mean that RIM bought them?
    01-03-13 06:15 PM
    Well.. The Gokivo app has been rebra nded as blackberry navigator. Maybe my thread title is misleading as I missed out the question marks before posting. I know they've definitely acquired the app. Not saying they've bought the company outright but they definitely have acquired the previously named Gokivo Navigator and now called it Blackberry Navigator. It was previously available in pap world as gokivo when I got it 4 months or so ago but now it's in beta as blackberry navigator.
    Dapper37 likes this.
    01-03-13 06:27 PM
    Well.. The Gokivo app has been rebranded as blackberry navigator. Maybe my thread title is misleading as I missed out the question marks before posting. I know they've definitely acquired the app. Not saying they've bought the company outright but they definitely be acquired the previously named Gokivo Navigator and now called it Blackberry Navigator.
    Could you post some screenshots of the new BB Navigator? Thanks.
    01-03-13 06:29 PM
    Could you post some screenshots of the new BB Navigator? Thanks.
    Here's mine just taken now while in bed.. It's past midnight here.

See more screenshots here of gokivo before the rebranding: http://crackberry.com/goviko-review
    Attached Thumbnails [speculation] RIM bought Gokivo-s13_01_04__00_34_59.jpg  
    01-03-13 06:38 PM
    You're right they look identical. Wow. Awesome.
    01-03-13 07:05 PM
    Danger! You just gave trolls a map to your castle! lol
    01-03-13 09:43 PM
    yea not sure that RIM purchased Gokivo, though there is a lot of speculation that they did. I remember thorstein saying that RIM is not a MAP company & thats why they are streamlining & licensing. I suspect that they licensed the GUI & some other tech from Gokivo & then mixed it with their TomTom data (& probably some other licensed stuff) to make BB Navigator.

In the setup page at the bottom both TomTom & TCS (which powers Gokivo) are listed.
    01-04-13 02:05 AM