i am so excited to report that blackberry OS 2.0 will have an official twitter app that all that i care about email contacts and calendars are great but what i wanted the most was to be able to tweet the way i can on my ipad and macbook pro... laying down and tweeting will be great... thank you blackberry thank you very much
    02-11-12 10:14 PM
    I like twitter too. I check it everyday.
    02-11-12 11:40 PM
    lol i check it soon as i get notifications.. from my macbook pro iPad Evo3D and by the end of this month... PlayBook
    02-11-12 11:46 PM
    The desktop Twitter website works great on my Playbook. Is there a feature the app would have that the desktop website doesn't have? I'm curious now.
    02-11-12 11:48 PM
    The desktop Twitter website works great on my Playbook. Is there a feature the app would have that the desktop website doesn't have? I'm curious now.
    likely push notification.
    02-11-12 11:59 PM
    Twitter site sucks.. no one who really tweets uses the site.. apps stay where you left off from makes tweets more readable and easy to keep up with and notifications ahhhhhhh sorry but i love my playbook.. like really really love my playbook but a twitter app would be all i need and im happy im getting it... i can live without netflix.. i want a dropbox app but you can do so many thing through the browser that doesnt even really matter to me
    02-12-12 12:50 AM
    Do you guys think it will say "via Twitter For BlackBerry PlayBook" under the tweets we send, like it says "via Twitter For BlackBerry"??
    02-12-12 01:15 AM
    i hope so.. i want everyone to know im tweeting from my playbook...TweetBook which i bought and hate.. says From playbook so hopefully it will also
    02-12-12 01:40 AM
    i hope so.. i want everyone to know im tweeting from my playbook...TweetBook which i bought and hate.. says From playbook so hopefully it will also
    Have you tried Blaq? Maybe you want to wait and see what RIM's Twitter client looks like before buying another Twitter app, but I bought Blaq as soon as it came out. It's only $1.99. It is really well done and has a real cool looking dark gray/ dark blue and green color scheme, sort of like Ubersocial's Midnight theme. It has notifications, and you can set it so whenever someone mentions or retweets you, or even just tweets, a notification pops up in the left upper corner, just like a Bridge or new app update notification, where it glows red and you click on it. It also says "via Blaq for PlayBook�"... so it gets an A+
    02-12-12 02:01 AM
    Have you tried Blaq? Maybe you want to wait and see what RIM's Twitter client looks like before buying another Twitter app, but I bought Blaq as soon as it came out. It's only $1.99. It is really well done and has a real cool looking dark gray/ dark blue and green color scheme, sort of like Ubersocial's Midnight theme. It has notifications, and you can set it so whenever someone mentions or retweets you, or even just tweets, a notification pops up in the left upper corner, just like a Bridge or new app update notification, where it glows red and you click on it. It also says "via Blaq for PlayBook™"... so it gets an A+
    No it doesn't work like the Bridge App, because there notifications work whether the app is open or not.

On the other hand, apps like Blaq requires the app to be open for you to even get any notifications which defeats to purpose of notifications in the first place.

Notification system is still way behind BlackBerry phones, and even Android and iOS.
    02-12-12 05:47 AM
    Good point. Blaq does have to be open to get notifications. But the PlayBook is great at multitasking, so I usually leave Blaq open and swipe over to it if I want to see what my "mention" was.
    02-12-12 05:51 AM
    Twitter app! So awesome!
    02-12-12 09:00 AM
    Any source for that ?
    Latest statements left us with a "maybe" like answer from Twitter ...
    02-12-12 11:13 AM
    RIM.. at CTIA.. i just went back and froze the screen when they were scrolling.. Official Twitter App!!! someone made a mistake
    02-12-12 02:05 PM
    Twitter site sucks.. no one who really tweets uses the site.. apps stay where you left off from makes tweets more readable and easy to keep up with and notifications ahhhhhhh sorry but i love my playbook.. like really really love my playbook but a twitter app would be all i need and im happy im getting it... i can live without netflix.. i want a dropbox app but you can do so many thing through the browser that doesnt even really matter to me
    Bluebox is a Dropbox app for Playbook isn't it?
    shn'g likes this.
    02-12-12 04:53 PM
    Bluebox is a Dropbox app for Playbook isn't it?
    can it sync with my drop box? i have drop box on my laptop computer iPad and Phone.. i dont want to switch my cloud service i rather wait until playbook gets it
    02-12-12 05:10 PM
    can it sync with my drop box? i have drop box on my laptop computer iPad and Phone.. i dont want to switch my cloud service i rather wait until playbook gets it
    It says it syncs with dropbox. I have never used it though.
    02-13-12 09:53 AM
    Bluebox IS for DropBox.. I use it and so far so good, it even lets you upload files directly from the playbook..

On another note, I do hope there will be an app for twitter.. I can't wait for the OS 2.0
    02-14-12 06:07 PM
    Here's the question if an official Twitter app is released: will it feature geolocation? None of the third-party apps I've looked at in App World feature it.
    02-14-12 06:39 PM
    RIM.. at CTIA.. i just went back and froze the screen when they were scrolling.. Official Twitter App!!! someone made a mistake
    Are you sure it wasn't just the Twitter icon that comes with 1.08 that just takes you to the website?
    02-14-12 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD