...If they do not do this, that will make blackberry the only company who can't deliver me both a smartphone and tablet running the latest OS.
    IMO, having both is a must. It provides multiple entries into the mobile computing market.
    12-27-12 04:42 AM
    This also makes me wonder if I'll need to buy the new Playbook to get BB10 on it.
    ^^^^ This! (IMHO)

The BB10 handsets will have 2GB RAM. So either BB10 needs 2GB, or RIM are being very generous in over-spec'ing. Whether BB10 will run "effectively" in the 1GB RAM the PB has... I don't know.

Actually, I'm sure BB10 will run on a 1GB PB. Just as (according to the specs) the Windows OS I bought could run on a 512MB PC. Which it did, like a donkey with no legs!
    Last edited by JeepBB; 12-27-12 at 06:04 AM.
    lewcat likes this.
    12-27-12 05:44 AM
    ^^^^ This! (IMHO)
    The BB10 handsets will have 2GB RAM. So either BB10 needs 2GB, or RIM are being very generous in over-spec'ing. Whether BB10 will run "effectively" in the 1GB RAM the PB has... I don't know.
    Didn't the dev alphas only have 1 GB of RAM?

Actually, I'm sure BB10 will run on a 1GB PB. Just as (according to the specs) the Windows OS I bought could run on a 512MB PC. Which it did, like a donkey with no legs!
    How about waiting and seeing before making assumptions about what the minimum system requirements are or aren't of an unreleased OS that was being designed to run on the current tablet and first crop of dual core smartphones.
    12-27-12 07:28 AM
    Didn't the dev alphas only have 1 GB of RAM?
    Yes, I believe they did. How feature complete was the version of BB10 that was running? What Apps?

Like I said, Windows ran great in 512MB... you just couldn't run anything else except the OS without it all grinding to a halt!

How about waiting and seeing before making assumptions about what the minimum system requirements are or aren't of an unreleased OS that was being designed to run on the current tablet and first crop of dual core smartphones.
    I grant you that BB10 was designed to run on the "first crop of dual core smartphones", which is presumably why they've given them 2GB RAM. I'm not so sure that PB compatibility figured high on the list of BB10 design aims.

I guess we'll know more in a month.
    RubberChicken76 and lewcat like this.
    12-27-12 08:07 AM
    Let's just say I'm nowhere near convinced at this stage. The poster on CB needs to provide real and verifiable evidence he is the same as the poster on Twitter
    The guy on twitter has stated that the CB is an imposter, I don't believe either though...
    12-27-12 01:15 PM
    The account is a joke.
    12-27-12 09:57 PM
    My question would be what would a 10" playbook do to Apps made for BB10? Would that solve the size problem for dev's?
    12-27-12 10:09 PM
    Just tweeted from @blackberryscoop

https://twitter.com/BlackberryScoop
    thanks for the heads up- something else to look forward too.
    12-27-12 10:18 PM
    Let's just say I'm nowhere near convinced at this stage. The poster on CB needs to provide real and verifiable evidence he is the same as the poster on Twitter
    exactly. anyone could have made the account.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    12-27-12 10:22 PM
    My question would be what would a 10" playbook do to Apps made for BB10? Would that solve the size problem for dev's?
    Screen resolution is more important, not size.

As long RIM can stick to a 1280 x 720 [16:9 ratio] resolution (with only the first launch device being a 1280*768), Devs shouldn't have too much of a problem.
    12-27-12 10:28 PM
    1280x720 is not that great for 10" tabs these days. They need to bump that up to full 1080 res IMO
    12-27-12 10:31 PM
    Apparently the Netflix app BlackBerryscoop posted on twitter was proven to be photo shopped.

How can anyone believe anything coming from that twitter account now?

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    Darlaten likes this.
    12-27-12 10:51 PM
    Of coarse it won't be 4.2in, but it will be 1280x768.
    12-28-12 01:35 AM
    Apparently the Netflix app BlackBerryscoop posted on twitter was proven to be photo shopped.

How can anyone believe anything coming from that twitter account now?

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    Who proved it was photo shopped?

EDIT:

http://nerdberry.net/2012/12/27/upda...photoshopped/:
    Last edited by Vector-SS; 12-28-12 at 09:18 AM.
    12-28-12 04:32 AM
    The HDMI out on the existing playbook is 1080P, if they come out with a 10 inch model I think it should be 1080P (1920�1080) display to match HDMI out
    BB10FTW likes this.
    12-28-12 05:06 AM
    well whether we believe him or not, whether hes real or a phoney... i think it is safe to assume that a new playbook will be on its way im sure!!! if BB10 is succesful... then a newer higher spec pb should be on its way... and hopefully with a 7 inch as well a *surprise* 10 inch?... i really hope so, i would love this... i use my pb for almost everything now!!! although ive gotta kick my addiciton for jetpack joyride... its ruining my life... or its completely justified by saying its making jan 30th come quicker by occupying my time
    BB10FTW likes this.
    12-28-12 05:28 AM
    1) Why - current PlayBook is being giving away to clear out dead stock. Manager at the Office Depot where I picked up my $150 64GB PlayBook last month, said it had been in stock for 8 Months. That is a long time for a Retail Store to hold something.

2) RIM has no choice, many companies need larger mobile devices for their employes, if RIM doesn't have a tablet then those customers will have to buy another platforms tablet, and this might lead to them buying phones that use that platform also.

RIM is in a catch 22 situation, don't think they see a Tablet as a good investment right now, but they basically have no choice but have one in their lineup. So I would expect RIM to announce a new Tablet along with BB10, but I think they will do it quietly.
    12-28-12 09:19 AM
    This isn't speculation, it's fact. A very long time ago RIM was already working on a 10" PlayBook which got shelved temporarily due to all the issues that company ran into (including the flop PlayBook launch itself).

A new model running BB10 is definitely in the works and so is the 10" model I just don't know when they're expected to arrive. In case you've all forgotten, RIM has done nothing but continue to say that they're committed to the tablet market.
    BB10FTW and Acumenight like this.
    12-28-12 10:51 AM
    Usually we start seeing leaked rumors from the supply chain with pics of covers etc. So a new tablet might be farther away than we would prefer.
    12-28-12 12:21 PM
    Very ambiguous and questionable as the z10 and x10 will have different specs no? Also screen size is a spec and it won't be 4.2
    You're splitting hairs there a bit. Processor/RAM is consistent between Z10/X10, though the BB.IN rumor has different processors for Europe/Africa/Asia and North America. Likely the OMAP 4470.

Personally, I'd love to see a 1.7GHz OMAP 4470 and 2GB RAM on a Playbook. Especially since they'll ALL run better on BB10.

PS: for those concerned about BBScoop's credibility on the forums here, note that they didn't post this here; OP just quoted one of the tweets. And I find his/her tweets have been very credible so far.
    12-28-12 12:52 PM
    This isn't speculation, it's fact. A very long time ago RIM was already working on a 10" PlayBook which got shelved temporarily due to all the issues that company ran into (including the flop PlayBook launch itself).

A new model running BB10 is definitely in the works and so is the 10" model I just don't know when they're expected to arrive. In case you've all forgotten, RIM has done nothing but continue to say that they're committed to the tablet market.
    ...I spoke to someone who just got laid off from RIM a few months ago and he said he'd seen a phablet before he left, too. Whether this is in the pipeline for sales or not is anyone's guess.
    12-28-12 12:54 PM
    Good point for a 10" tablet going 1080p.

Most of BlackBerryScoop tweets are well-thought out and logical guesses.

Anyone can say RIM is planning on a new tablet, doesn't take an insider to think that.
    12-28-12 01:11 PM
    If you notice, they never refer to BB10 as a smartphone OS. They have been calling it a mobile computing platform. So it goes without saying there will be more than just the phones.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    12-28-12 01:24 PM
    If you notice, they never refer to BB10 as a smartphone OS. They have been calling it a mobile computing platform. So it goes without saying there will be more than just the phones.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    Like current PlayBooks being upgraded to BB10 and the future of car infotainment
    12-28-12 01:29 PM
    A new playbook may well be in the offing. But remember the usual cycle of BB launches are in the fall, if I remember correctly.
    12-28-12 03:25 PM
69 123