Pure speculation but if there is a deal, it might be mentioned during today's keynote from Sony at IFA which is taking place in Berlin.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 08:17 AM
    Added Speculation tag to title
    09-04-13 08:18 AM
    Why make a post about something that you'll find out in any minute.

And no, not going to happen.
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sony-...cement_id47066

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 08:20 AM
    Sony chose Firefox OS over BB10.
    09-04-13 09:04 AM
    I wish they would choose BlackBerry but I don't know it it'll happen, I just can't see how their making any money with Android.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 09:18 AM
    as much as i'll love to have it happen, Sony teaming up with BlackBerry would mean Sony is going to be at a loss, because it'll potentially need to cannibalize themselves.
    09-04-13 09:27 AM
    Would definitely be the best thing to happen to BlackBerry as Sony is making some great hardware. Companies are probably trying to decide if it is better to buy BlackBerry at a higher price now, or watch it die slowly and get what they want on the cheap from Bankruptcy proceedings. BlackBerry has been hording cash, but the sales are slowing so fast and uncertainty keeping many away that they will reach a point when they can trim no more and start eating the cash.
    09-04-13 09:30 AM
    Sony like crapple has a long history of proprietary hardware, I'm not sure I want a 126.5 pin connector instead of the standard micro usb.

It's hip to be Squircle
    09-04-13 09:34 AM
    Would definitely be the best thing to happen to BlackBerry as Sony is making some great hardware. Companies are probably trying to decide if it is better to buy BlackBerry at a higher price now, or watch it die slowly and get what they want on the cheap from Bankruptcy proceedings. BlackBerry has been hording cash, but the sales are slowing so fast and uncertainty keeping many away that they will reach a point when they can trim no more and start eating the cash.
    I would think that Sony is unhappy about having to use Android and would love to have its own OS, something like BB10.

But, it does not seem likely. The event is almost over and no mention of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 09:48 AM
    I would think that Sony is unhappy about having to use Android and would love to have its own OS, something like BB10.

But, it does not seem likely. The event is almost over and no mention of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Indications are pointing to Sony-Firefox partnership though. Don't think BlackBerry is in.
    09-04-13 08:01 PM