"the first BlackBerry 10 slate device’s hardware has been fully manufactured"

"The first BlackBerry 10 device with a physical keyboard, codenamed ‘BlackBerry Nevada’, has also reached final production phase"

"However, what’s holding up these two devices from releasing is the BlackBerry 10 operating system."

Exclusive: BlackBerry 10 Hardware Ahead of Schedule; RIM Gave it New Color | N4BB - News for BlackBerry - forums, leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews
    06-21-12 10:49 AM
    Wow, this is great news!
    06-21-12 11:04 AM
    Qualcomm processor? That points to the Snapdragon S4, I thought we were waiting on the TI-OMAP 5.

I don't believe that a physical keyboard version is in final production phase. No one can even draft an acceptable keyboard with the playbook resolution without the device looking extra funny.

I figured the "later" keyboard release is compared to the initial BB10 all touch devices is due to them needing to figure it out still.

Still...after a week of WWDC, Windows Phone and Google I/O next week, any news is good news.
    06-21-12 11:18 AM
    I don't believe that a physical keyboard version is in final production phase. No one can even draft an acceptable keyboard with the playbook resolution without the device looking extra funny.
    Perhaps, the device with hardware keyboard will get a screen with exactly half the resolution of the touch-only device. So instead of four apps only two apps running in the live view.
    06-21-12 11:25 AM
    I want either Black or Metal. No weird colors. As for being ahead of schedule I hop so. If they could get it out late August early September that would be awesome. I however will not get my hopes up because RIM and on time has been such an oxymoron that the thought of them being ahead of schedule is just too far of a stretch at this point.
    06-21-12 11:40 AM
    I want either Black or Metal. No weird colors. As for being ahead of schedule I hop so. If they could get it out late August early September that would be awesome. I however will not get my hopes up because RIM and on time has been such an oxymoron that the thought of them being ahead of schedule is just too far of a stretch at this point.
    But if you differentiate between the Mike and Jim era vs the Thorsten era, Thorsten has delivered everything he has promised on time so far.
    06-21-12 11:45 AM
    But if you differentiate between the Mike and Jim era vs the Thorsten era, Thorsten has delivered everything he has promised on time so far.
    He hasn't had to deliver a single piece of hardware yet either, and since they won't give a release date or window, you can technically say he will be on time with BB10, even though the product is already late! RIM has never even said October, it is something speculated right now. RIM has only stated latter half of 2012 so if they release it a 11:59 on December 31 they can claim they delivered what they promised. Either way I'll expect October and will hopefully be pleasantly surprised by Thor.
    06-21-12 12:15 PM
    He hasn't had to deliver a single piece of hardware yet either, and since they won't give a release date or window, you can technically say he will be on time with BB10, even though the product is already late! RIM has never even said October, it is something speculated right now. RIM has only stated latter half of 2012 so if they release it a 11:59 on December 31 they can claim they delivered what they promised. Either way I'll expect October and will hopefully be pleasantly surprised by Thor.
    Right on the money. BB10 is already late, if anything, it should be the other way around and BB10 should be ready and they should be just waiting on the hardware. It just goes to show that it's good that Mike and Jim aren't there anymore because BB10 would have launched half-baked.
    06-21-12 01:12 PM
    Qualcomm processor? That points to the Snapdragon S4, I thought we were waiting on the TI-OMAP 5.

I figured the "later" keyboard release is compared to the initial BB10 all touch devices is due to them needing to figure it out still.

Still...after a week of WWDC, Windows Phone and Google I/O next week, any news is good news.
    My same thought on the processor.
    06-21-12 01:19 PM
    I haven't been around useing BlackBerry that long so I don't have the legacey of this "history". But I do think it's time that the folk at RIM were given a bit of goodwill. It does get a bit tiresome to continually hear how they always fail etc, etc.
    I am happy to wait for the next round of phones to be released I believe that BB10 will fly on it's own merits, it's great news to hear the release may be early and that a physical keyboard is already in production, I would like a slider but I am happy to wait.
    If none then I'll go for a physical keyboard.
    06-21-12 01:27 PM
    My guess is that they are using the Snapdragon S4 Pro, which uses the Adreno 320 GPU. The GPU boost could just what the doctor ordered for improved scrolling/flow and gaming.

This is excellent news if RIM releases the London in September and the Bold 10 in November.
    06-21-12 01:31 PM
    It had better have Skype.

06-21-12 01:35 PM
    The BlackBerry 10 slate will have “a color never before seen on a BlackBerry”.
    Anyone hoping it is this

Or it could be the limited edition device in return for giving back the dev alpha either way I really want it :x
    Gerii likes this.
    06-21-12 01:46 PM
    Anyone hoping it is this

Click to view quoted image
    Oh GOD no.
    06-21-12 01:52 PM
    They absolutely gave a window. Q4, calendar 2012.

The informed speculation has phones on sale in November.
    06-21-12 01:55 PM
    Anyone hoping it is this

Click to view quoted image

Or it could be the limited edition device in return for giving back the dev alpha either way I really want it :x
    I really think that is a porche BB10
    06-21-12 01:56 PM
    I really hope the two devices are ready! I understand BB10 OS might be slowing them down because they want it to be perfect but we need it now. My contract ends in October but I can get a early one In september!!
    06-21-12 01:57 PM
    Oh GOD no.
    I understand that this is all a matter of taste, but this design IS different from everything else out there right now. It certainly doesn't look like the usual black slab.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    06-21-12 01:59 PM
    Can one of you cpu gurus explain the difference between a Snapdragon S4 vs the current playbook cpu?
    06-21-12 02:02 PM
    I am really curious to see how the BB10 Bold will be considering the restrictions on screen resolution. But I am starting to think I want the all touch BB10!
    06-21-12 02:16 PM
    Thunderbuck - no. Since Dec 2011 they haven't said anything apart from LATTER 2012. This is Q3-Q4 2012. I don't know where people get Q4 from...RIM has said nothing of the sort. Maybe people think latter means later or late. This is wrong. Informed speculation states October actually...This almost needs a banner like OS7 devices won't get BB10.
    06-21-12 03:02 PM
    I actually like that London device and since I put it up as my BBM contact picture yesterday people have been asking me more about it and wanting one.

The information in the N4BB article is in line with what I was told by my friend in the UK who works at Everything Everywhere (largest network carrier). He had a visit by a RIM rep who he has built a relationship with and he told me that Sep was when they would release both a London device and a keyboard device. I didnt believe him fully but now I do after seeing the article at N4BB.

The Qualcomm's MSM8960 is the first single-chip LTE chip and is the one that has both the LTE and HSPA+ on a single chip that everyone has been waiting for including Apple. I believe ZTE just announced a phone using it also.
    06-21-12 03:03 PM
    Can one of you cpu gurus explain the difference between a Snapdragon S4 vs the current playbook cpu?
    I am not a CPU Guru but here is a good write up on the likely processor in the Blackberry 10 device Qualcomm S4 MSM8960 benchmarks, tech suits iPhone 5 | iphone 4S issues
    06-21-12 03:08 PM
    I don't know if I can believe it. The Qualcomm has been out for about half a year now. The One X uses it, and so does the Galaxy S III.

I really hope they're talking about Gobi� Modems | Qualcomm when they say Qualcomm LTE chipset.

Other than that, I'm really hoping for the OMAP 5. It's expected to be in devices latter half of 2012.

Unless if it's a different S4 processor they're using.

Guess we're just going to have to wait and see.
    06-21-12 03:16 PM
    "the first BlackBerry 10 slate device�s hardware has been fully manufactured"

"The first BlackBerry 10 device with a physical keyboard, codenamed �BlackBerry Nevada�, has also reached final production phase"

"However, what�s holding up these two devices from releasing is the BlackBerry 10 operating system."

Exclusive: BlackBerry 10 Hardware Ahead of Schedule; RIM Gave it New Color | N4BB - News for BlackBerry - forums, leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews
    Care to cite your sources? Oh, I see you are just speculating. There will be no BlackBerry 10 smartphone released in 2012. That is my speculative statement on the matter.
    06-21-12 03:16 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD