I wrote in another thread that I am losing patience with my Pearl. I really want to wait for the Javelin, but I don't know if I can. So I spent several hours researching, trying to figure out what I would be giving up, if I got the 8820 now. Here are my findings. I hope others find this useful as well

.........................8820.......................Bold........................Javelin

Processor.........312mhz......................624m hz....................512mhz
    Screen............320 x 240.................480 x 360..................480 x 360
    Wi-fi..................Yes..........................Y es.............................Yes
    Memory(not sure)..64MB...................128MB............... ..........256MB
    Connectivity.......EDGE........................3G. .............................EDGE
    World Roaming.....Yes.........................Yes....... ......................Yes
    GPS...................Yes......................... Yes.............................Yes

Ok, so it seems other than processor speed and screen size, there won't be much difference between the Javelin and the 8820. So, if I can live with those two things, should I get the 8820? I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CAMERA!

Would I be giving any cool features? Would I be able to watch YouTube, etc? Basically, what exactly would I be giving up if I went with the 8820 and decided to not wait for the Javelin? Thanks for your help
    Last edited by Carboran; 08-18-08 at 12:42 AM.
    08-18-08 12:25 AM
    You'll be giving up OS 4.6, a totally new UI and great resolution. What OS does 8820 have? I'm assuming it does not have 4.5 which means you cannot watch youtube on it.

Are you getting an upgrade? If not, just buy the 8820 off Ebay for a cheaper price and then buy the Javelin when its released.
    08-18-08 12:30 AM
    I wrote in another thread that I am losing patience with my Pearl. I really want to wait for the Javelin, but I don't know if I can. So I spent several hours researching, trying to figure out what I would be giving up, if I got the 8820 now. Here are my findings. I hope others find this useful as well

8820 Bold Javelin

Processor 312mhz 624mhz 512mhz
    Screen 320 x 240 480 x 360 480 x 360
    Wi-fi Yes Yes Yes
    Memory(not sure) 64MB 128MB 256MB
    Connectivity EDGE 3G EDGE
    World Roaming Yes Yes Yes
    GPS Yes Yes Yes

Ok, so it seems other than processor speed and screen size, there won't be much difference between the Javelin and the 8820. So, if I can live with those two things, should I get the 8820? I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CAMERA!

Would I be giving any cool features? Would I be able to watch YouTube, etc? Basically, what exactly would I be giving up if I went with the 8820 and decided to not wait for the Javelin? Thanks for your help

Javelin having 4 times the device memory and much quicker processor are the two biggest things from the 8820. I hear the Javelin is really nice!
    08-18-08 12:31 AM
    Thanks for the responses. Anyone else?
    08-18-08 10:55 AM
    Definitly wait either for the Bold or Javelin. Just imagine when its finally released you sitting around with all your mates who have either the Javelin or the Bold and you with your getting old 8820....lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD