In some exciting news...
    Vodacom BlackBerry 10 launch this week

And the other local (SA) operators are presumed to follow shortly.

Great! I'm gonna get me one!
    Dapper37 likes this.
    02-19-13 08:07 AM
    Breaking news: Vodacom just sent the following two tweets about 2hrs ago...

"PING!!! It's on its way guys. We're welcoming the #BlackBerry10 to SA in style at Vodacom World tomorrow and we'd love it if you joined us."
    "The #BlackBerry Z10 launch kicks off at 18h30 tomorrow, but you'll need to get there early cause we're expecting a queue!"

So tomorrow is the surprise launch of the Z10 in South Africa. This is great!
    Dapper37 likes this.
    02-19-13 08:56 AM
    Surprise Launch? That doesn't sound like very good marketing???
    02-19-13 01:10 PM
    Surprise Launch? That doesn't sound like very good marketing???
    Well bb has had marketing up around here saying 'bb10 is coming soon', but the carriers have all been expected to launch in March only so this is a few days early.
    02-19-13 02:55 PM
  5. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Great news! a great week of new launches for Blackberry!
    02-19-13 09:08 PM
    Let's hope it's not like the Australian launch. They had that on Feb 5. Phones won't be here until March sometime. Although, this sounds more like a "SALE" launch.
    02-19-13 09:15 PM
    Enjoy your phone! So far I've only Seen one behind glass. I could of had it for $965 USD. I decided to wait. By the time I return from work they will be normally priced.
    02-20-13 04:13 AM
    MTN announced today that they will start selling the Z10 on 22 Feb as well!
    zyben likes this.
    02-20-13 10:15 AM
    MTN announced today that they will start selling the Z10 on 22 Feb as well!
    Oh well, that was fun while it lasted. No-one at MTN (stores or service center) seems to know anything about a launch today. The date I get from them is early March.

So as usual it seems their left hand still doesn't know what the right is doing. *wondering why I'm still a customer...*
    02-22-13 02:16 AM
    Oh well, that was fun while it lasted. No-one at MTN (stores or service center) seems to know anything about a launch today. The date I get from them is early March.
    I stand corrected. Perseverance paid off and I found a local MTN store _with stock_ of the exciting new Z10! For anyone looking, the store is the one outside Canal Walk mall in Century City, Cape Town.

Unfortunately the sales person I spoke to had just started his shift so he knew nothing of the reception at launch yet, but looking around the store I saw at least 2 or 3 (out of maybe 7) buying and activating new Z10s. Oh the jealousy!

In related news, I found out today while following up on my expected upgrade that it's only due in April at the earliest. *sigh* Guess I'm not going to be part of the Q1 earnings report success after-all. :P

But for those that can, go ahead and grab one.
    02-22-13 06:21 AM