Sorry! Could not respond to source as the thread had been closed when I checked back in. Here is what I have been following:
    Source:Is it BB10 creeping higher in the US-stats1.jpgSource:Is it BB10 creeping higher in the US-stats2.jpgSource:Is it BB10 creeping higher in the US-stats3.jpg
    04-22-16 08:25 PM
    You can't compare one day in March to one day in April. Statistics like that have to be averaged out over longer periods of time. I think the usual marketshare stats we get from official sources are monthly or quarterly averages.

Beautiful dogs, by the way.
    04-23-16 09:05 AM
    Yeah, two isolated data points do not add up to a trend.
    TGR1 and jaydee5799 like this.
    04-23-16 09:22 AM
    Also, Statcounter is a very "questionable" (and I'm being kind here) source of data - their method of collecting data isn't very representative of Internet usage as a whole.
    04-23-16 10:48 AM
    You can't compare one day in March to one day in April. Statistics like that have to be averaged out over longer periods of time. I think the usual marketshare stats we get from official sources are monthly or quarterly averages.

Beautiful dogs, by the way.
    Thanks! This cannot be used to accurately measure market share but it can give an approximation. It measures phones in us at a particular time and does not account for phones that are turned off. What I think it is showing is people who have BB10 who have stopped using BB10 for a while and then have decided that they did not like the other device, preferred BB10 and started using their BB10 device again. Just an assumption not fact.
    04-23-16 10:49 AM
    ooh stat counter threads.....3 years ago they showed bb10 overtaking android and iOS according to some people on here. Look how accurate that turned out to be
    04-23-16 11:38 AM
    Thanks! This cannot be used to accurately measure market share but it can give an approximation. It measures phones in us at a particular time and does not account for phones that are turned off. What I think it is showing is people who have BB10 who have stopped using BB10 for a while and then have decided that they did not like the other device, preferred BB10 and started using their BB10 device again. Just an assumption not fact.
    Read your first sentence. This type of data is, at best, an approximation. So a move from 0.0017 to 0.0026 in an approximation is not likely to mean anything at all, is it?

You could look at this next month and it could be 0.0015. When the numbers are that small, the fluctuation probably means nothing.
    Branta and BigBadWulf like this.
    04-23-16 11:39 AM
    I'm pretty sure the graph's margin of error is more than BlackBerry's percent value on the graph. When BlackBerry gets to a 5% market share then you can get excited.

Posted via CB10
    Branta and BigBadWulf like this.
    04-23-16 02:27 PM
    BB10 will never rise from the ashes. But it always amusing to see threads where the claim is made yet again. At least the threads about a PB update/replacement have died
    04-24-16 09:44 AM
    BB10 will never rise from the ashes. But it always amusing to see threads where the claim is made yet again. At least the threads about a PB update/replacement have died
    They aren't making an updated Playbook?
    04-24-16 11:19 AM
    They aren't making an updated Playbook?
    You can stop saving your pennies.
    04-24-16 11:29 AM
    They are working on new tablet. It's a no nonsense tablet called the "bah humbook".
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    04-24-16 12:06 PM
    You can stop saving your pennies.
    What a shame. Although I'm sure some will come along shortly that will say "BB doesn't need another tablet. The Playbook is as good if not better than any high end tablet on the market." So maybe we don't really need an updated one.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    04-24-16 12:17 PM
    BB doesn't need another tablet. The Playbook is as good if not better than any high end tablet on the market.
    Yes it is. when used as a paperweight!
    04-24-16 01:24 PM
    I traded in my 16 GB PlayBook for a $50 BestBuy gift card, with the idea of spending maybe only $50 more for a cheap Android tablet. Android tablets at the $100 price range didn't have the build quality or specs comparable to the old PlayBook. I ended up buying a refurb Dell Venue 8 7000 for $164. (It's only $199 new now.) As far as build quality and specs, it's the PlayBook successor I would have wanted. I installed the BlackBerry PRIV apps, in hopes of making it more like BB10. Unfortunately, at this point, those apps don't work 100%... (sigh)
    04-24-16 02:06 PM
    What I think it is showing is people who have BB10 who have stopped using BB10 for a while and then have decided that they did not like the other device, preferred BB10 and started using their BB10 device again.
    I believe your conclusion is erroneous. AFAIK BlackBerryOS refers to the pre-BB10 legacy versions, BB10 doesn't even get a mention unless it is part of "Other". Looking at the general trend since December 2010, the graph for BlackBerryOS looks very much like a decay curve with a half life about 6-8 months.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-24-16 02:26 PM
    There's a saying about statistics that comes to mind, but I'd have to ban myself, so instead I think I'll have my little friend say something more appropriate...

DrBoomBotz likes this.
    04-24-16 03:01 PM