Sorry, BBX has nothing to offer Android/Google that's worth the significant disruption this would mean.

Actually, BBX has nothing to offer Google period.

As people always forget, when they try to make the argument that QNX has a particular or unique advantage, if that was REALLY the case, the. Why didn't Google just buy QNX instead of android or in addition to Android? If QNX really had something unique, or was inherently more secure than Android, they could easily have bought it years before RIM did.

Speaking of security btw, did you hear of the latest Android device to get FIPS certification? I believe it was the Iconia if I'm not mistaken. There is quite a handful now that are FIPS certified.
    As it stands today, the words Android and security are mutually exclusive. It's a great platform for its purpose, but its purpose is not to exist in a secure clean environment. There are plans for it to happen, but it hasn't so far.
    There are no unsandboxed Android devices inside our firewalls. When I say "our" firewalls I am speaking of a secure agency, some of whose IT programs I happen to manage. And so I have a very definite understanding of what devices are FIPS certified.
    If I am mistaken, would love for you to point it out to me by telling me what device is currently FIPS certified.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 11-09-11 at 01:09 PM.
    11-09-11 01:00 PM
    Just curious - what part of my post did you not understand?
    Not sure, you noted/posted that the "meeting" was supposed to start after the stock market closed and that was interesting. I was saying that if you thought it might effect the stock price there was a good bet to be had if you were willing to lose your money. 2 for 1 odds, not bad. Was using "you" generically and even asked where our #1 investor Blackjack was. Sorry if you thought I was being belligerent and I honestly still can't tell if you believe in this alleged meeting or not. I must be having a senior moment already....
    11-09-11 01:09 PM
    As a balancing thought, the professional CEO's normally rape a company and concentrate on the Stock Price to increase their bonuses even if it means the long term bankruptcy of the company. The said "professional CEO's" move out to greener pastures after taking their golden handshakes while killing the concept of the company.
    There are enough examples of that.
    There is NO ONE invested enough in a company than the founders whose motivation is to leave a legacy behind them and not a short term stock increase to fill their own bank accounts.
    Most folks don't understand the magnitude of self-interest senior executives manifest today. It's like you move up the corporate ladder by being a "company man" until you get to a certain level and suddenly, the company becomes a vehicle for you to become rich. Transplants are even worse as they have no company history and therefore see the rank and file and company assets as completely disposable.

There are still few founders who have put their credibility before personal gain, but I'm sad to say, they are becoming increasingly rare as the next generation takes over. Corporate human resources now use terms like "human capital" or "employee inventories" as a natural extension of this de-humanizing trend.
    Last edited by EchoTango; 11-09-11 at 01:37 PM.
    sam_b77 likes this.
    11-09-11 01:10 PM
    Not sure, you noted/posted that the "meeting" was supposed to start after the stock market closed and that was interesting. I was saying that if you thought it might effect the stock price there was a good bet to be had if you were willing to lose your money. 2 for 1 odds, not bad. Was using "you" generically and even asked where our #1 investor Blackjack was. Sorry if you thought I was being belligerent and I honestly still can't tell if you believe in this alleged meeting or not. I must be having a senior moment already....
    Yeah, you were definitely having a senior moment.
    11-09-11 01:39 PM
    Yeah, you were definitely having a senior moment.
    sniffed too many Sharpies
    11-09-11 01:42 PM
    sniffed too many Sharpies
    That's OK, you're forgiven.
    11-09-11 01:47 PM
    But still no info or source on this alleged meeting.
    11-09-11 02:48 PM
    the only meetinhg rim should be having is about jim and mike stepping down the stock is at 18$ incrediblke 4 years ago based on stock price this company had a market cap of around $70billion yes thats right 70 billion now its around 8 or 9 billion thats is terrible any other company the ceo would of been tossed these two jackasses still pretend that everything is ok bs!!! there company is falling people say rims ok ya as long as they have some cash what happens when they burn there last 1.5 billion in cash then what.

soory guys but a company that used to have a market cap of 70 billion dwindlked down to 8 or 9 billion is not ok and they should not be waistting time in buying webos
    EchoTango likes this.
    11-09-11 03:24 PM
    ROFLMAO! Considering RIMM is down 4% today, what is the takeover price? Perhaps $18?

In the past month, RIMM has hit 6 new 52 week lows, my advice lawguyman, sell your shares, owning RIMM stock is a humbling experience.... no one knows when it will recover if ever back to its 52 week high. In this market with a new crisis popping up weekly, it could be in for more rough waters.

RIM's board is considering a takeover offer from Google.

Synergies:

Google/Android has strength in consumer markets. Android seen as hopeless as a serious and secure business device.
    RIM has strength in business markets. Blackberry seen as hopeless and antiquated by consumers.

Android has incredibly weak intellectual property foundation. Google's partners are forced to tithe to Microsoft and remain vulnerable to litigation. See, eg Samsung/Apple Litigation
    RIM has very strong intellectual property foundation. RIM is not seen as a target for patent trolls.

Google has cultivated a strong App portfolio.
    RIM has focused on creating Android App compatibility.

Plan going forward: Android and BBX platform will merge. It will be called Android but it will be QNX under the hood. RIM's work on Android compatibility provides backward compatibility for most of the Google Market. RIM developed NDK assures future App growth. Google has instant credibility in the business world. Google retains credibility in the consumer world. RIM is cheap. It will not get better than this.
    11-09-11 05:34 PM
    ROFLMAO! Considering RIMM is down 4% today, what is the takeover price? Perhaps $18?

In the past month, RIMM has hit 6 new 52 week lows, my advice lawguyman, sell your shares, owning RIMM stock is a humbling experience.... no one knows when it will recover if ever back to its 52 week high. In this market with a new crisis popping up weekly, it could be in for more rough waters.
    Hee Hee. Fortunately, I have no position in Rim. I just think that the deal I described would be a good deal for both companies.
    11-09-11 06:23 PM
    thanks lawguyman, I think I cracked a rib laughing so hard.

Hee Hee. Fortunately, I have no position in Rim. I just think that the deal I described would be a good deal for both companies.
    Berryuman likes this.
    11-09-11 06:38 PM
111 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD