Is anyone other than me having a problem hearing phone calls on the blackberry pearl? this is the second one that has given me this kind of problem
    04-06-09 09:34 AM
    I take it you have tried turning the sound up with the volumn rocker (Pearls have a rocker right?)?
    04-06-09 09:38 AM
    the people on the other end have no problem hearing me cuss, I just can't hear anything they say to me
    04-06-09 09:48 AM
    During your next call, while in the call, use the volumn rocker you MUST do so while in a call, BUT the BB should remember the current volumn, turn it all the way up. I'm not sure where the volumn control is on the Pearl, but on my Storm it's a rocker on the right hand side.
    04-06-09 09:56 AM
    I've turned it all the way up -even tried speaker phone and nothing works
    Verizons answer is to wipe out the whole thing and start again which clears all my contacts - not an option
    04-06-09 09:58 AM
    I've turned it all the way up -even tried speaker phone and nothing works
    Verizons answer is to wipe out the whole thing and start again which clears all my contacts - not an option
    You can backup your data with Desktop Manager and it will save your contacts, also you should back up your 3rd Party Apps per the instructions in this thread....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...-updated-53201

Then you can try the wipe they suggest, and restore your data afterwards.
    04-06-09 10:08 AM
    I don't have a way to back it up, that's why I bought a blackberry. They really should explain those things when they sucker you into buying one.
    04-06-09 10:11 AM
    lots of new information today, they tell me the audio went out on my pearl because of a message with sound. New software should fix. Yea right heard that before.
    04-07-09 03:10 PM
    Beware of warranty replacements. If your device is over 30 days old and you have a warranty issue, it will be replaced with a "like new" device. Basically someone elses junk.
    I'm working on blackberry pearl #3. The original "new" one I paid for was replaced twice with used ones. The last one held up for 4 weeks.
    So I am without phone again waiting on a new one to be shipped out.
    It must be in the fine print at the bottom of the contract
    04-07-09 03:17 PM
    They are called refurbished devices.

They're not always someone elses "junk."

They can range from devices people returned because they really had a defect or simply a device someone bought at a store and 2 days later decided they wanted another kind of phone.
    04-07-09 03:22 PM
    well the one I got lasted 4 weeks - so I'm calling it junk
    04-07-09 03:33 PM
    What exactly has been the problem with each phone?
    04-07-09 03:34 PM
    I can't hear when a call comes in, the other end can hear me cuss, but I get nothing on my end
    04-07-09 03:36 PM
    software issue they say - I think they just want to pass off used phones
    04-07-09 03:37 PM
    I can't hear when a call comes in, the other end can hear me cuss, but I get nothing on my end
    And the other two phones?
    same problem on all of them
    I find that very coincidental.
    04-07-09 03:38 PM
    yea me too - but I'm the one who can't talk on the phone
    04-07-09 03:42 PM
    any third party software? what software version on the phones themselves? Are you aware that the Pearl kinda sucks?
    04-07-09 03:42 PM
    what ever they sold it to me with.
    I like the other features on the phone, just would be nice to talk on it too
    04-07-09 03:46 PM
    Are getting any MMS messages before you have these call issues?
    04-07-09 05:17 PM

software issue they say - I think they just want to pass off used phones
    You have found a well known bug in v4.3xx device software.

If you interrupt certain non-BlackBerry audio files, usually MMS voice notes, the speaker will be locked.

The quick fix is open Voice Activated Dialing. That will free up the speaker and let you continue your call.

You can avoid the problem by letting the audio clip play through.

The problem has been reported corrected with the v4.5xx upgrade.
    04-07-09 05:19 PM
    What OS version is on the device? And MMS messages interfering with the phone sound is a known issue on Verizon. A battery pull is a temporary fix. And upgrading the phone OS to 4.5 should be a more permanent fix. This isn't a hardware issue.
    04-07-09 05:20 PM
    Hey chatcat, Reed McClay might have answered your question in thread you made about warranty issues. Hopefully this helps.

You have found a well known bug in v4.3xx device software.

If you interrupt certain non-BlackBerry audio files, usually MMS voice notes, the speaker will be locked.

The quick fix is open Voice Activated Dialing. That will free up the speaker and let you continue your call.

You can avoid the problem by letting the audio clip play through.

The problem has been reported corrected with the v4.5xx upgrade.
    04-07-09 05:22 PM
    thanks for all the help, wish I had known about this before they took my NEW phone and replaced with a used phone which lasted only 4 weeks.
    Waiting on another used phone to be shipped in to me now.
    Not a happy verizon customer.
    I have gotten MMS and taking the battery out reset but this time it wouldn't work.
    04-08-09 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD