I received an orange branded bb curve that has been unlocked. I put my three simcard in and its worked great fro days. On the train to London today it suddenly switched to SOS. Can't make or receive calls now. I have tried takign sim/batter in and out, resetting the phone etc to no avail. Can soemoone please suggest something, I need this phone working tomorrow.

Blackberry Curve 8300.
    12-05-10 01:59 PM
    Check: Connections / Mobile Network. There should be a check in the box and a Green Icon.

That can happen when the battery goes nearly dead. It needs to be turned back on manualy.
    12-05-10 02:03 PM
    Thanks, but Mine is on and the icon is yellow.
    12-05-10 02:05 PM
    You can only make emergency calls.
    That is a lot of help, but it doesn't explain why you are stuck on Emergency.

I have heard, if you dial an emergency call, it will remain in emergency mode so they can call you back for more information. Could that have happened?
    12-05-10 02:15 PM
    Not that I am aware of, unless it happened in my pocket, but I doubt it. hmm...
    12-05-10 02:17 PM
    About Emergency Callback Mode

About Emergency Callback Mode
    When you end an emergency call, the BlackBerry� device enters Emergency Callback Mode. This mode enables the operator to call you back or determine your approximate location. Depending on your service provider, Emergency Callback Mode is active for five minutes or is canceled when you make a non-emergency call.

In Emergency Callback Mode, you cannot send and receive messages or browse web pages.

Your device exits Emergency Callback Mode at any time if you make a non-emergency call.
    Try making a normal call.
    12-05-10 02:19 PM
    If i try and ring a number it instantly says: Call Failed. AGhh what can this be...
    12-05-10 02:21 PM
    There is another possibility, if your SIM card is not present, or if it can not read the card, it will display SOS mode.

Use a pink rubber eraser to gently clean the Gold contacts on the SIM card and the 6 Gold contact points in the mounting clip.

If that does not fix it, there could be a carrier cause. Best to phone them to make sure your account is still active.
    12-05-10 02:26 PM
    try another person's sim card and see what happens
    12-06-10 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD