A guy I work with, who's is also new to BB and got the Storm, has been continually bashing me and my decision to get the Pearl. He claims that it's the worst phone BB has ever come out with and nothing compares to the Storm.

I'm very happy with my Pearl and think it's a great phone. Sorry if some think this is a useless post - just wanted to get it out.
    01-17-09 05:31 AM
    If you're happy thats all that matters. Just give the guy you work with a swift kick in the testes and I bet he'll come around on the pearl.
    01-17-09 05:32 AM
    - I like the advice
    01-17-09 05:51 AM
    Are U older than 16? If so, shouldnt bother ya tooo much!
    01-17-09 08:09 AM
    as long as you like the pearl thats all that matters, i loved mine when i had it
    01-17-09 08:21 AM
    Doesn't matter as long as you have a BlackBerry
    01-17-09 08:24 AM
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I love my pearl.
    01-17-09 08:31 AM
    I also loved my pearl . I now have the Curve and love it even more. But I have seen a lot of people carrying pearls when Im out and around. And I have heard o lot of complaints about the storm.
    01-17-09 08:39 AM
    Well punch him in the mouth if he won't shut up...lol. I am only kidding "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" so if your happy with it who cares what anyone else thinks?
    01-17-09 08:42 AM
    Are U older than 16? If so, shouldnt bother ya tooo much!
    I'd have to agree with you there.
    01-17-09 08:46 AM
    When your friend starts buying your phones and paying your bill
    you can worry about his opinion. Until then it is irrelevant.
    Seems to me he is trying to feel better about his choice
    by tearing yours down.
    01-17-09 09:09 AM
    Challenge him to a typing contest and when you win, put your phone into StandBy Mode just to show him what a real BlackBerry can do .

However, as has been said, if your combined ages exceed 30 then it really should not mater. Why dont you both go pick on the office iPhoney user.
    01-17-09 09:10 AM
    A Pearl? you actually have a Pearl? How could you? lol. You know hows it goes: sticks and stones...
    01-17-09 09:10 AM
    I agree with AG. I own a pearl and I love it. The size is great and it has everything i need for now. Don't let them get To you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by dreamtobelieve; 01-17-09 at 09:17 AM. Reason: typing errors on wap
    01-17-09 09:12 AM
    I have never understood those who have to stoop to personal attacks in response to someone's pure and simple venting of their issue.

He actually wasn't even asking for advice... just making a comment on the elitist attitude of his co-worker.

Le sigh
    01-17-09 09:14 AM
    I have never understood those who have to stoop to personal attacks in response to someone's pure and simple venting of their issue.

He actually wasn't even asking for advice... just making a comment on the elitist attitude of his co-worker.

Le sigh
    where was the personal attack? i read it as everyone telling him to let it slide and being nice to the OP but...?
    01-17-09 09:18 AM

Le sigh
    I was reading this and saw no attacks on the guy. Maybe you are too soft? He posted on a forum so I would think he would like to see some answers to his post. What other answers would suffice? I don't see why you think anyone was being attacked. Hey you have a Pearl you like it? Cool. I have a Curve I like it. My brother has an iphone he doesn't seem to like it as much and is looking into getting a Bold. See the trend? You like your phone then you like it and it doesn't matter who doesn't. You don't like your phone then use a different phone.
    01-17-09 09:35 AM
    Hahaha. If that's the game he wants to play just bring up the Storms seemingly endless issues. The random reboots, crappy hardware on many units, the lack of any official OS updates since .76. The list goes on

My first BB was a 8100 and the pearl 81XX series are very solid and most of all dependable.
    01-17-09 09:41 AM
    Careful, next he'll be challenging you to a whizzing for distance match.

01-17-09 09:55 AM
    The best reaction is no reaction. I think it would bother him more if you ignored him... otherwise, he will realize he is winning or getting to you.

I'd pick the Pearl over the Storm as well. The size and suretype is a dream. If it only had the Bold's power and 3g, I'd probably have one now.
    01-17-09 10:05 AM
    A guy I work with, who's is also new to BB and got the Storm, has been continually bashing me and my decision to get the Pearl. He claims that it's the worst phone BB has ever come out with and nothing compares to the Storm.

I'm very happy with my Pearl and think it's a great phone. Sorry if some think this is a useless post - just wanted to get it out.
    I am sorry your co-worker is like this. I would feel the need to vent too. I know I am over sensitive but I can't change that. Unfortunately that is the attitude we are seeing by many first time BB owners re the storm. Just look at all the reactions to threads where people decide the storm isn't for them or God forbid a non-stormer owner has an opinion about something. Anymore it seems it is storm owners vs BB owners. We are no longer a BB owner community. You never see curve owners turn their noses on pearl owners, or bold on curve, etc. We all just get along.

I am not saying every storm owner is like this, but the majority of the first time BB owners with storms put off this impression.

01-17-09 10:23 AM
    Hahaha. If that's the game he wants to play just bring up the Storms seemingly endless issues. The random reboots, crappy hardware on many units, the lack of any official OS updates since .76. The list goes on

My first BB was a 8100 and the pearl 81XX series are very solid and most of all dependable.
    Lol, excatly! I would let it roll off your back...wait until his storm locks up on him when he needs it the most. Laugh. Then use your pearl to do what he want trying to do and rub it in....that is probably immature, but the pearl in my opinion is a better phone than the storm. The storm is too new to be good. It has a lot of ground to cover to be a good phone (The best phones are the most stable ones.)

Either way, don't let it phase you. Seems like he needs a storm to make himself important...
    01-17-09 11:22 AM
    I've noticed storm users (some not all) tend to be a bit snobby and look down at people with "lesser" bb's... just think of them as iphone users and all is well again.
    01-17-09 11:56 AM
    I've noticed storm users (some not all) tend to be a bit snobby and look down at people with "lesser" bb's... just think of them as iphone users and all is well again.
    I like that way of thinking.

01-17-09 12:27 PM
    Well its cool to see people noticed the Storm fan-boys and Iphone fan-boys are basically the same thing. I don't consider them part of the crackberry nation at all.
    01-17-09 12:32 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD